2,229 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this Otterbox case!
Published 23 months ago by backintheoc

1.0 out of 5 stars Design starts to peel within a month, does not last long.
My phone is left in my purse most of the time. Within a month the design on the back started peeling. Within the second month, most of the teal paint was gone. I do not recommend this product. Does not last long.
Published 7 months ago by Caitlin Shehi

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this Otterbox case!, August 2, 2012
This review is from: OtterBox Defender Series Case for iPhone 4/4S - Retail Packaging - Studio Collection - Celestial (Wireless Phone Accessory)
Love this cover! Thankfully I ordered it before reading the reviews. I think the color is true to the picture, and the design is super cute. I just got it yesterday and have already received lots of compliments. Yes, the color on the back and the color on the sides is slightly off in certain lights. In indoor lighting, they look exactly the same. In natural light, they look different, but I don't think I would have even noticed if it weren't for the previous reviews. It definitely doesn't look cheap. I have a black iPhone, so I can't comment on the white of the phone and white on the case not matching.

Another big plus for me - the opening for the camera and flash is bigger than the opening on my old Incipio case. This was important because my old cover messed up my flash. The camera opening wasn't big enough, so the flash would bounce off the case and make my pictures appear cloudy. This Otterbox case solves that problem and allows me to take pictures with the flash on without removing the case. Also, regular headphones work with this case. Apparently some cases need a straight bar on the end of their headphones because the jack is so deep inside the cover. This cover has flap covering the headphone jack, so it goes straight into the phone and doesn't need to be extra deep.

The only drawback to the defender case is the cover over the plug, which pulls back like a flap for access to the port. The flap works well when charging the phone, but gets in the way when I set my phone on the iPhone stand that is build in to my radio. Looks like I will have to remove the outer cover to allow it to sit down on the stand. Other than that, it is awesome and I love it! I am super hard on my phone, so Otterbox is the choice for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cover, October 4, 2012
B. Kitchens (Atlanta, GA USA) - See all my reviews
I have had several of the otter box defender cases line and this one has been the best by far. I have a 5year old and a 2 year old who love to play games on my phone, needless to say it has been dropped more than once. The otter box defender line has alway protected my iPhones perfectly. What makes this one stand out is the feel of it. I had the regular black and pink one for the the iPhone 4 prior to this one. It fit my 4s perfect but after about 8 months the rubber cover stretched out and became a bit useless as it no longer truly protected the phone. I went on the otter box site looking for an alternative but felt none of the other models would protect my phone as well. I then saw the eternity series and figured if I was buying another one that could wear out, I should at least get a pretty one (my husband calls that women logic). Of course Amazon had the better price so I ordered it here. When it came in I got the surprise I was looking for. Not only was it cute (which is important to a girl) but the rubber was thicker and more sturdy. The feel was different too. It had a better non-slip feel too it.

I have had it about 2-3 months now and still love it as much as I did the day I opened it. This is a must have for any lady who loves cute fashionable things, has kids, and needs flawless protection for their expensive iPhone (cause lets face it, a good case is much cheaper then a new iPhone).

1.0 out of 5 stars Design starts to peel within a month, does not last long., November 26, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Rugged & Dazzling, October 20, 2012
I got tired of my Defender Realtree rubber exterior case and decided I would keep the orange hard plastic interior cover, but find a different rubber to encase it. I know it seems silly and expensive, however if you treasure your Iphone's health as much as I do mine, there's nothing you won't do to protect it. And bar none, the Otterbox Defender case is the very best - hands down. Don't get me wrong, till now the Realtree was fine except that when the phone was face down in my black purse, black car seat cover or dark drawer, it could be a few seconds before I would locate it and my heart could resume beating. Not anymore.

I have to say that the moment I put this new, gorgeous blue exterior case over my orange one it was like magic. Not only will I have no trouble locating my phone anywhere, but when I do it is even more beautiful then before. The orange design on the back perfectly complements the orange case within.

I only wish that Amazon could encourage Otterbox to sell the individual components so that consumers could mix and match colors without having to buy a whole unit (and get yet another holster for my junk drawer).

As for the owners out there who are concerned with the slight difference in blue coloring - I have no idea what they're talking about. Everything looks great and the cover is smooth enough that it will slide in your pocket without sticking when you go to take it out.

If you want a case that is stylish, beautiful, functional and offers total protection - this might be just what you're looking for.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointed, March 4, 2013
I've only had the case for about a month. The whole back cover peeled off. Also the color rubbed off on the bottom corner. Considering how much these OtterBox cases cost, I expected they should last a heck of alot longer. Very disappointing!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Design is Chipping Away!!!, February 20, 2013
Mary A. Skaptason (The Woodlands, TX United States) - See all my reviews
I have had this otter box for only 2 months and the design is chipping away, leaving ugly white specks all over the case.

What a bummer!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful case, September 10, 2012
I read reviews that the front and back of this case do not match exactly. This is true but it is because the design is printed on the back and the difference is slight and does not deter from the look of the case. I get compliments on mine all the time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very artsy!, December 26, 2012
K. Lemay "Quality and value" (North Smithfield, RI, USA) - See all my reviews
This is my first Otterbox and i'm glad i got this design. It is so artistic. The back is smooth also, and not rubbery. My son said he wished he had gotten one like this because his new Otterbox case does not slide into his pockets as easily as this one does. Fits perfect on my iphone4, too!

1.0 out of 5 stars the coating is peeling off the back, March 22, 2013
I am very disappointed in the otterbox. I bought it for my daughter's new iphone and the light blue coating on the back is wearing off after only a month. I want to get my money back.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's alright, June 1, 2013
I have had this case for about 6 months now, and the back pattern on the case started peeling off after about a month. By now most of the edges have peeled off and the case doesn't really look good. I got the Perennial pattern, and other than the chipping it really hasn't shown dirt or anything else. But my sister bought the light blue case in this collection, and hers started peeling within a week. By the end of two months it was dirty all over the back and was extensively peeling, more than mine even is now. She sent a picture to OtterBox, and because of the warranty on the cases she was sent a new one. I think that this is great customer service, but the new case started peeling quickly as well so she now uses other cases. I'm thinking that I am going to send something in to OtterBox as well, because I don't think that a month is long enough for the pattern on the back of the case to last. However, before it started peeling I got many compliments on the case.

Rate and Discover Movies