Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on August 14, 2013
We've taken our I-Phone to South America and haven't really tested the capabilities of this case, but we are very satisfied anyway. It's a pain to get off and on, but hopefully those occasions are few and far between. Just a hint, in the multiple times of switching SIM cards, we accidentally silenced the phone (there's a little switch on the side that got pushed the wrong way; we didn't know that was why our phone wouldn't ring until we checked it out on the internet). Other than that annoyance, no complaints about the case. We like the color!
on March 23, 2014
Great price, exactly as described. Fit phone perfectly. Holster broke 3 days after we received it. Was concerned that Otterbox would not warranty it since purchase was not direct from them. They did, which was great!.
on June 12, 2013
I got this case for my iPhone 5 because I wanted something very protective. The colors are great together, and while it is bulky, it's to be expected with a case like this. The built in screen protector is nice and I don't have any issues using the touch screen through it. The outer pink part does get dirty fairly quickly, but it's easy enough to wipe off. My only issue is when I first got this case, the plastic piece didn't fit my phone right, it was way to small and wouldn't even close around my phone, which shocked me because it came in retail packaging right from Otterbox so I was expecting it to fit perfectly. But I contacted Otterbox and told them the issue and they sent me a replacement very quickly, so thank you! I would purchase this case again in the future.
on March 20, 2014
It definitely does what it claims. It protects the iphone. It is absolutely enormous though. I cannot fit it in any of my pockets. It takes away from the wonderful aesthetics of the phone, sure, but it also takes away from the slim, lightweight convenience. Because it is rubberized it is extra hard to fit in a pocket. Bugs me.
on January 10, 2013
Otter products are very solid, do a great job, but add bulk to your iPhone.
The Realtree pattern is nice but when attached to the belt clip you do not see it.
I really like the blaze hunter orange as it adds a nice bright outline to the iPhone screen.
The belt clip attaches very securely to the phone, and the adjustable clip is handy.
The rubber closures protecting the volume, on/off, silent toggle, headphone jack, and power connector are very solid.
It is nice that the rubber pieces are hinged, and do not come off so you will not use them.
Overall excellent case for your expensive iPhone investment.
on January 12, 2013
Otterbox makes a great case, and the protection the defender offers is outstanding. That's what I want out of these cases, considering even with the 2-yr contract you're paying a lot for an iPhone. Bought this one for my wife's iPhone, and I have a black one myself. One (minor) issue, as many other reviews have stated, there is a rainbow effect between the screen protection and the phone. I've seen many recommendations to remedy it, but it's not really off-putting when the phone is on--more noticeable when the screen is off--and I really don't want to be sprinkling baby powder on an electronic device. Seems like it may be worse when coming in from outside, maybe getting some slight condensation in there. Definitely want to make sure your phone and case are both spotless before you put the case on, and if you are in a very dusty environment plan to remove the case and re-clean. The openings in the case are definitely in the right places for the cameras and the noise reduction mic. The case fits snugly and the tabs for headphones, lightning cord and mute switch seem well-made and perfectly fit. There may be a slight loss of sensitivity near the edges of the screen since the protector is attached to the case and not the phone. All in all a great case with only a few minor compromises. Well worth it for the protection it provides.
on September 30, 2014
used this for a year, and while it did protect my iPhone, i had to get another one because the plastic dark blue back was separating, loose, and peeling. it looked really unprofessional and BAD. thought that for the price, it should have lasted longer.
on February 4, 2014
Wonderful price for this iphone5 otterbox. Love the pink cameo. You won't find it any cheaper thank this. It is great for protecting expensive phone! Fits perfectly and doesn't have a fuzzy screen protector like my other one had.
on December 9, 2014
I love this case. I've used it for about 6 months now and it still looks brand new and I'm pretty though on my phone. I drop it all the time and it's never damaged the case or the phone. It's not a little tear in the rubber where the clip attached at the sides, but it's not really that noticable.
on January 31, 2013
I love the otterbox protects my iphone 5 HOWEVER trying to take off the case is a nightmare. wondering could they have made it just slightly easier - honestly i am not going to throw it off a roof so i don't need it superglued on! The case itself is really pretty it's just removal is a nightmare. I almost dropped the phone trying to get the case off. AS a note service was 5 stars - just the phone gets 3 stars