5.0 out of 5 stars Coolest defender Otterbox ever!
Published on July 31, 2012 by D. Chapman

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful but doesn't last
Within a week of using this cover, the upper right corner started pulling away. Now, it's been a few months and both corners are pulling. The upper right one is so bad I sometimes end up snagging that corner and the cover starts to come off.

Published 20 months ago by Meredith M. Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Coolest defender Otterbox ever!, July 31, 2012
This review is from: OtterBox Defender Series Case and Holster for iPhone 4/4S - Retail Packaging - Anthem Collection - Rustic Flag (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I was going to buy the typical pink or green Otterbox until I saw this one. How could you pass up the American flag? Unless of course you don't live here. :-). I kept denying myself purchasing one in the past because they just weren't pretty to me and so bulky. I finally broke down and bought one. I think this one is gorgeous! A little bulky but still fits in my back pocket where I mostly carry my phone. And it has already paid for itself 3 times over. I never drop my phone but since putting this Otterbox on, I've dropped it 3 times. This morning I dropped it in a parking lot and it rolled end over end three times. Whew! Thank goodness for the Otterbox! Can you tell I love my new American flag Otterbox? Get yourself one. Oh, and it comes with a belt clip if you like carrying yours on your waist.

Also, the back part is hard plastic so if you have shoulder length or long hair, it won't pull your hair like the yucky rubber on other cases. Plus, the hard plastic back helps with sliding into your back pocket.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, August 2, 2012
just got case, amazon did a quick job of getting it here. the case is awesome. like the worn american flag design and the smoother case. goes in and out of my pocket a lot easier than any other otterbox used in the past. very cool. thanks amazon and otterbox!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome cover!!, July 19, 2012
Purchased this for my husband's IPhone 4 and it fits perfectly! We love the Otterbox Defender Series covers and were so glad to find this Rustic USA flag over the standard colors they have had in the past! I might just have to purchase me one too! Very nice and He loved it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Patriotic? Yes. Protection? Yes. Awesome? Yes., March 11, 2013
I mean, how could you not like this? I can pretty much throw this thing on the ground and it just laughs at me and calls me a wuss, while the National Anthem plays in the background.

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful but doesn't last, March 6, 2013

Also, the silicon outer layer seems to be dissolving in high use areas. It chips easily and will rub off if you try.

Overall, it's a nice case but the silicon outer layer is of an inferior construction/material. I am currently submitting a warranty claim and so far, it seems to be very smooth. I will update when it is resolved completely.

Update 6/15/13: The replacement arrived quickly. However, after another few months of use, the screen on this one has scratches (the old one seemed scratch-proof) and I'm having the same pull away and disintegrating silicone problem. I'll be looking at other brands for my husband's new phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars America the Beautiful, July 30, 2012
Get lots of comments about the design and hope never to find out if it really does the job. I trust Otter Box.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth it!, July 16, 2014
I've had this product for about a year, and it was worth those nearly $60! I'm a bit clumsy with phones...so I wasn't going to risk anything happening to my phone. Had I not bought this case, my phone would've been a goner not too soon after buying it! I've had my phone dropped so many times, flung out of my hand, or had drinks spilled on it...my phone continues to thrive. I've also gotten plenty of compliments for the nice rustic flag design! Only downside is the silicone layer is a bit delicate. I have rarely taken my phone out of the case, but the top right edge is stretched out and not hugging the cover as it should. The part that covers the charging port (whatever it's called) on the phone gets used do much so it doesn't close easily. So the silicone outer layer needs some work. Other than that, buying the Defender Series was one of the best things I could've done for my phone!

5.0 out of 5 stars Tough & beautiful., July 28, 2012
The Otterbox Defender is a well designed tough case and with the latest designs is as attractive as any case on the market.

4.0 out of 5 stars Durable and stylish, April 15, 2014
Laura Hedgecock (Detroit Metro MI) - See all my reviews
OtterBox cases are all a little clunky, but the design on this really works to make it an attractive case. T My 20 year old did have wear problems with soft rubber around the ear-phone port. However, with a quick pic and email to OtterBox, the manufacturer sent a replacement pronto. That warranty makes the purchase well worth the cost.

1.0 out of 5 stars This is my second Otterbox Defender. After only three ..., July 25, 2014
This is my second Otterbox Defender. After only three months (and never removed during that time), the rubber stretched out. At this point it is practically worthless.