Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Size: one size|Color: Crevasse|Change

on November 22, 2012
None of the reviews I read mentioned the weight of this product. My Wifi iPad Mini weighs 11 oz. This product is composed of three separate sections. The plastic section that covers the iPad weighs 4 oz, the rubber portion that partially covers the plastic section weighs 3.1 oz, so with these two parts on the iPad you have 7.1 oz in addition to the 11 oz weight of the iPad for a total of 18.1 oz. The other section, which is used to protect the iPad while traveling and as a base to support the iPad in two different upright positions, weighs 4.3 oz.

This product is well constructed, fits the iPad Mini well and should provide good protection. The other reviews covered other aspects of the product so I won't cover those. I gave this five stars because I concluded that it should protect the iPad from most accidents, which is the main purpose. As to the additional weight, any case built to protect the product will have a weight penalty. So the choice is protection with a weight penalty or less protection without the case.
22 comments| 363 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 5, 2013
I read all of the reviews on this particular otterbox case prior to purchasing and the negative reviews really had me worried about purchasing. But I'm glad that I purchased this case. This is as protected as it gets. You still need to be as careful as possible. It doesn't mean buy this and you can throw it on the floor and stomp on it. You still need to treat it like its a $400 device no matter what case it's in.

This case adds a little bit of weight to the iPad but it's definitely worth it.

I bought apple care when I purchased my ipad mini and It's only been 6 months since I bought my ipad and I'm already on the last replacement. Before I went in to apple to get the last replacement I purchased this case.

My ipad was dropped in two different cases prior, by my 5 year old daughter, and both times shattered. The other cases were leather the first time it fell on the sidewalk second time on the concrete parking lot. The iPad's screen broke on impact.

I hope that does not happen to my last replacement in this Otterbox case. Holding your device in this case and viewing your device in this case it is a very sturdy case and seems indestructible. I have had this case for about a month and my daughter dropped it once on the tile floor and it didn't affect the device at all. Not once scratch. It is 100% protected in this case. It has a built in screen protector which is a thick plastic (not tape). It was hard to open it to put on the iPad thankfully the lady at the store who gave me the last replacement helped me open it and put it inside. I like that it is hard to take off that means that when you drop it the case isn't going to break off of your iPad. When you buy this case it becomes part of your iPad. I don't recommend taking it off and putting it back on regularly because it could ruin the case and really there's no need to take the iPad out of its protected Otterbox Case. I like the stand that it comes with that ultimately when not in use it protects the front of the iPad further than the plastic screen protector. I hope this review helped.

If you're looking for protection and secure case for your iPad you found it here.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on December 6, 2013
This really is the best protection money can buy for your iPad mini - or in my case, iPad Mini Retina. The case offers excellent protection for your device and is very comfortable to hold. The only reason I'm not giving it five stars is the front cover/stand is quite tricky to remove. You have to exert quite a bit of force on the edges of the cover to pop it off. You know once the cover is on your tablet is going to be completely protected, but it's not so great when you have to risk almost losing a finger to remove the cover.

Hint for iPad Mini Retina owners: There's only 0.1 inch in difference between the measurements of the iPad Mini and Mini Retina. This case fits the Mini Retina perfectly. So you can get this case and save some $.
on December 9, 2012
We got this for my 4yr old daughter to protect her ipad mini.
love how fast it came in the mail and how tough it is because little kids are rough!
this is a perfect case and i love how there's a screen protector.
on December 21, 2013
I know that OtterBox does not guarantee their products will completely shelter the Ipad from the elements, but they make a strong case that they are the best protection. On the very first drop of this product, perfectly fitted and used, at approximately 2 ft. height onto linoleum flooring the Ipad shattered and the OtterBox plastic front cover flew off. If you are aesthetically pleased with the OtterBox Defender I say go for it. If you are looking for Ipad protection against small accidental drops, do not purchase this faulty product. To add insult to injury I continued to use the OtterBox case for my Ipad as it was still functional after the initial drop. While carrying the tablet with the plastic shell cover attached to the rear, the tablet fell off of the "securely" attached cover and hit the floor once again. This time from a bit more height, and this time a bit more spider-web shattered glass. Now, the durability of Apple products is a different story completely, but this product does no good as a "Defender."
on November 14, 2013
EXCELLENT! I would highly recommend otterbox products to anyone. I bought 2 of these for my 8 and 5 yr old daughters mini iPads and they did not disappoint. When I originally bought these cases my daughter was 4 and had her sticky fingers all over this case. Needless to say the ipad mini is in stellar condition and we have owned them since June. I also use otter box defender on all my iPhones that I have owned n it NEVER disappoints. My iPhones and my girls iPads have been dropped, banged, thrown, spilled on and my 1 yr old has sucked and chewed on all 3 products n nothing has happened! What more can I say?
on August 22, 2013
So frustrated. We bought the otterbox to protect ipad and extreme heat built up inside the case and our ipad literally bent!!! Otterbox warrranty only covers the box which had minimal damage. If it had not been in that case, it would not have been damaged. Buyer beware!!! Otherbox will not do anything to replace apple product.
on December 20, 2013
This case works nice and as expected adds a LOT of weight. The biggest downside is that no matter what we do, how many times we clean it, the inside of the plastic that covers the front develops a weird rainbow effect. Kind of like oil in water. Very annoying.
on January 3, 2014
Problems with bubbles in cover. Needed to be returned. I am hopimg Otter Box will honor it's return as it was a gift.
on November 5, 2013
Case works really well for my kids IPAD minis. It is very strong and well built. Well worth the money. We have bought 2 Otterbox cases before for the other IPODs and came back to get new ones.