Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "OtterBox Defender Series for Samsung Galaxy S III ...” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 38% off the $49.95 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
OtterBox Defender Series for Samsung Galaxy S III - Retail Packaging - Black
|Price:||$34.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$14.96 (30%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Robust, 3-layer protective case withstands drops, bumps and shock.
- Built-in screen protector guards against scratches.
- Port covers keep out dust and debris.
- Belt-clip holster included that doubles as a kickstand for hand-free media viewing.
- May not be compatible with 30-pin to Lightning Adapters or non-Apple branded USB to Lightning cables.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
- Size (LWH): 7.9 inches, 5.15 inches, 0.06 inches
- Weight: 4.8 ounces
Compare to Similar Items
This item: OtterBox Defender Series for Samsung Galaxy S III - Retail Packaging - Black
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||thePruneDanish||Executive Accessories||World Class Inc.||thePruneDanish|
|Compatible Phone Models||Samsung Galaxy S III||samsung galaxy S3||Samsung Galaxy S III||samsung s3|
|Item Package Weight||0.15 pounds||0.8 pounds||0.4 pounds||0.15 pounds|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 (All Carriers)
- Complete functionality of the device through the case, including the microphone, speaker, camera and flash
- Silicone plugs cover the main openings of the phone, including volume controls, power button, headphone jack and micro USB port
- Three layers of protection include a polycarbonate inner layer, a built-in screen protector and a silicone outer layer
- Built-in screen protector prevents scratches while retaining sensitivity of the touchscreen
- Two-piece polycarbonate inner layer snaps together to form a snug fit around the device
- Rugged silicone outer layer wraps around the polycarbonate inner layer to create a rock-solid defense against oopsies like drops and shocks
- Belt-clip holster fastens to almost anything and can also double as a kickstand for viewing. Face the screen outward to use or inward for maximum protection.
- Weight (with holster): 4.64 oz / 131.54 g
- Dimensions: 5.88 in x 3.47 in x 1.41 in / 148.84 mm x 88.14 mm x 35.81 mm
Size: Samsung Galaxy S III | Color: black
Top Customer Reviews
1. The cover DOES provide a very high degree of drop protection for my device. The hard inner shell has a soft inner cushion that stabilizes the device and increases the shock resistance slghtly.
2. The rubber-like outer covering fits snugly around the inner shell, and dramatically increases shock resistance.
3. The earbud and mini-USB ports at the top and bottom of the phone are covered by flexible 'tabs' that protect the device from dirt/dust/gunk intrusion.
4. The volume rocker and power button are completely encased. It takes just a bit more effort to press the buttons, but it is NOT difficult.
5. The cover comes with a built-in screen protector. It is a rigid plastic that does not adhere to the device screen like soft plastic does. This doesn't seem to affect the touch-screen sensitivity, though. Tip: be really careful to thoroughly clean the inside of the rigid screen protector. Check it before closing to ensure there are no particles adhered to it from static cling - these will leave noticable 'bumps' on your screen, and they COULD scratch the inner face of the screen protector or even your device screen. Have a can of compressed air handy and give both the screen protector and device screen a shot before closing it up.
6.Read more ›
Update 2014: I still say this case provided great protection from drops. I just got tired of the loose silicone outer shell. I'm sure I was part of the reason the outer shell got so loose since I was frequently taking the phone out of the case to changes batteries. I have since moved on to a UAG case that I am happy with.
My first reaction out of the box was, "Really? This quality doesn't seem to be as good as what I had on my Droid X2?" But, I shook it off and proceeded to encase my new phone in protective goodness. Once put together, I beemed with happiness. The case really is designed asthetically well for this phone. I like the raised front so you can put the phone face down while keeping the screen untouched. Personally, I like the slightly stiff buttons and tight porthole covers. They work just fine. It was only the second day in and I had my phone in my shirt pocket climbing a ladder when as I bent over the phone jettisoned out and fell 2 stories to the driveway with a loud CRACK! I hurried down and picked up the phone. Everything was fine and not even a scuff on the case. YES! The Defender strikes again. I gently placed my phone down and went up the ladder to finish the job without it - no need to run tha test again.
In my 2nd week I was getting ready for work and picked up my phone only to notice a scratch on the screen cover a little over an inch long. My 4-year old son got ahold of the phone apparently and one of his toys scratched the cover of the case - but not the phone! Phew. I promptly contacted Otterbox and after a quick pic and an email, my new case is on the way completely free of charge.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Flies off car roof @ 50mph. No damage to phone... otterbox just scratch a bit.Published 1 day ago by tamin
I used this for a long time and really liked it. I got it as I was trying to keep my phone (new at the time) from harm. Read morePublished 3 days ago by THE_Eddie
I purchased two of these phone cases. They have done a great job of protecting our phones. The price was great and I would purchase again if I needed another case.Published 4 days ago by Carol Signorelli