5.0 out of 5 stars Otter Pursuit 40 !!
Otterbox series 40 for my iPhone is great. Like the single latch and clear case so I can see if I missed a call or text without removing phone from case. This case floats with my phone and is totally protected from water and shock.
Published 16 months ago by PeterD

2.0 out of 5 stars It Leaks
Published 12 months ago by Ronald Patton

2.0 out of 5 stars It Leaks, June 29, 2013
This review is from: OtterBox Pursuit Series 40 Utility Box for Smartphones - Expedition - Carrier Packaging - Clear/Slate (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I bought this for keeping my phone and keys dry while snorkeling. I used a nylon strap with snap clips to secure it around my waste with the Otterbox in the small of my back. Most of my snorkeling was at the surface but I occasional dove down 10'-15' for 30 seconds or so. After 1-2 hours and returning to shore I checked the interior of the Otterbox. On every occasion (6 times) there was water inside, not much, but maybe a teaspoon's worth. This did not damage my phone but it made me worry. I expected this Otterbox to be waterproof, but it's not. It's really just splash resistant and it's definitely not submersible. Buyer beware. P.S. I did make sure it was properly sealed before venturing out into the water and I put a rubberband around the case and latch so it wouldn't accidentally open.

5.0 out of 5 stars Otter Pursuit 40 !!, March 16, 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars leaks, September 10, 2013
Box leaked after 10 minutes or so in the water, there was enough Walter inside to make all paper stuff wet

1.0 out of 5 stars IT LEAKS!!!, September 19, 2013
Since the whole idea is for it to be waterproof, it really deserves zero stars. I bought the 40 and a 20, but only tested the 20 before using. I put my iPhone into the 40 and did some light snorkeling no deeper than 4-5 feet. After only 15 minutes, there was water in my case and my phone was trashed.

I tested the 40 when I got home and sure enough, it leaks. From the reviews it seems the 40 is more prone to leaking than the 20 -- maybe because of the size. Believe the reviews -- use it at your own risk!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for Outdoor Activities, June 27, 2013
Bill Smeaton (Murrysville, PA United States) - See all my reviews
I needed a larger case for my android phone. Well, this fit the need, but it is large and bulky. I can not carry this in a shirt or pant pocket. It is very difficult to attach to a belt and uncomfortable when worn in that manner. I would suggest a "Belly Pack" or a "Backpack" to carry it with you.

Serves it's purpose and is as advertised. Will definitely protect your phone. However, the case "muffles" any alert sounds.(messages, calls, advisories, et cetera)

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great box to take to the beach, February 22, 2014
just what i need to keep my iPhone and camera dry while at the beach.
easy t use, I like the clear so that i can see my phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for snorkeling, January 9, 2014
These are just the right size for an iPhone, wallet and keys. Easily fits onto a web belt, and you're ready for the water.

5.0 out of 5 stars Controlled Substances, November 29, 2013
Fits standard Carpuject prefilled syringes. This is a great controlled substances box for Paramedics/EMS. It fits multiple vials and Carpuject style syringes. The rubber netting is great for keeping drugs separated. I don't know or care much about the reported waterproof failures at depth. I needed this case to keep the rain other viscous substances out while keeping my drugs safe on the ambulance. The rubber lining helps cushion the glass vials. This unit also has two plastic loops on the outside that is prefect for attaching a tamper evident plastic seal. It's almost like OtterBox had EMS in mind when designing this model.

1.0 out of 5 stars Failed. Water Immediately Rushed Into Case., October 15, 2013
J. Karr (south east U.S.) - See all my reviews
I recently purchased 3 of the model 20 cases and 1 of the number 40 cases. I hate to say that they only have a 50% pass rate on my own water test. I took a house hold pitcher of water and placed the 3 model 20 cases it there and let it sit for about 30 minutes with a bottle of shampoo on top to keep them under the water. The two cases that were on top fared well and did not leak. The case that was on the bottom which was only under about 6 inches of water leaked. It was only a few drops but I would hardly call that waterproof. If it was the matter of some cash or a credit card getting damp I would say ok. My cell phone or other essential electronics would not fare well in this case.

I have really bad news for the model 40 case. It failed immediately upon being dipped into the water. I did not even get a chance to weigh it down for any period of time. As soon as it hit the water bubbles began to rise and the case had several drops of water in it when I pulled it out and opened it up. If it had been in there for any length of time it would have filled completely ruining any electronics inside. Sure cash and credit cards will dry out but anything else would be finished.

As far as crush proof goes I would say that just about anything you put in there would be well protected. They are STOUT. I doubt the average airline baggage handler would be able to do any damage to anything inside this case unless they parked a plane on top of it. I do not plan on testing it to see if it will truly withstand 1000 pounds but I feel confidant that it will withstand anything I can put it thru on regular use.

Overall if you are looking for waterproof look for another case.

1.0 out of 5 stars Leaks, June 20, 2014
Bottom line: It leaked on my camera and it was only exposed to light rain while in my daypack. Ruined my camera however I was able to save the images on the SD chip. I was not able to take pictures the remainder of my vacation as a result. Hopefully they will replace the "dry" box as promised but will not trust it again. They do not replace equipment damaged so I am out a camera.... Should have just used a ziplock Baggie....

Rate and Discover Movies