- Size (LWH): 2 inches, 4.75 inches, 7 inches
OtterBox Universal Defender Case for iPhone 4 (Black Silicone & White Plastic)
- Fine interior texturing of touch screen membrane eliminates static, bubbles and oil slick appearance
- Inner felt liner cushions your device * Textured silicone exterior for improved grip
- Included holster holds device face in or face out Completely re-designed holster for stronger hold on device
- Holster doubles as a stand for hands-free media viewing * Case accommodates most 3rd party chargers
- Universal Version fits BOTH iPhone 4 AT&T and Verizon Versions
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Size: One Size | Color: black/white
Top Customer Reviews
EDIT: This OtterBox Defender still works like a Champ! I did want to update that it works for the Verizon iPhone 4.... NOT the new iPhone 4S. While the iPhone 4S fits in the case, Apple has moved the sensor and the phone will have screen brightness issues. For the iPhone 4S the OtterBox company has released a new Defender series that has a larger opening for the front and rear sensor/camera. It's universal and will work with BOTH iPhone 4 & iPhone 4S on ALL CARRIERS.
The case is a perfect size to me, it fully covers the phone and leaves a 1/8in lip on the front so nothing sits on the screen, instead rests on the sides of the case. The back is all hard plastic so I can easily take the phone in and out of my pocket, along with the top, bottom and sides of the case. While all 4 corners arr softer rubber along with the top lip, therefore the phone is well protected from drops but the soft rubber on the corners still keeps it comfortable in your hands. The headphone jack, charging port and volume buttons are all fully protected with rubber flaps to help keep any liquids or dirt out which i am especially fond of cause I take my phone everywhere. The rear camera and flash have a reinforced casing around them but nothing over them so the camera remains crisp, and the side "silent" button is also left open so can be easily accessed. It comes with a front screen protector but I ordered a ZAGG screen protector which I used and like better.
Here are some notes for you:
- The case provides the best protection of the three I've tried. The Apple bumper case is nice but the open back leaves a lot of glass exposed. This one gets the job done while not being too bulky.
- Compared to the iPhone 3Gs Commuter case this one exposes more of the hard plastic surface and less of the rubber. The plastic is textured nicely so gripping is still secure. In all fairness I think I do prefer the design of the 3G/3Gs version.
- The phone will connect (Yeah!) to my Magellan car mount and B&W speakers with this case. It would not connect with the thicker Apple bumper case. I'm also able to get other cables to connect to it that would not connect with the bumper case. The opening for the thirty pin connector is larger on the Otterbox case.
- Putting the screen protector on can be frustrating but I was mostly successful this time. Dust must be avoided at all cost while applying it. Hey Intel, can I use your clean room for a few minutes?
It's a good compromise between protection and bulk. If you had the 3G version you might be a little disappointed because the fit on this one doesn't seem quite as good.
Update (9/2/2010): The reviewer(s) that said the case can be uncomfortable on your ear while making calls was right. If you make a lot of calls this could be rather annoying. I'll post a picture or two of the offending sharp edge. I filed the edge on mine with my Leatherman to smooth it out. That helped a lot.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Fast shipping and a good Otter Box. The box protects the phone from breakage even when dropped on concrete. I have had one for more than 4 years and never damaged the phone.Published 8 days ago by Eloi
No protection for you phone and if you have a screen protector - this case is a pain to put on your phone without messing up that protector.Published 8 days ago by Scar2477
I will always rate otterbox defender cases highly. They have protected my phone (and various family members' phones) a number of times. Read morePublished 10 days ago by BB