Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

Color: Hot Pink/White|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on January 5, 2016
OtterBox has a great reputation and I can see why, It's extremely durable! I didn't place this on my phone until the back had already shattered...that's when I realized I should get one since I have a toddler. Best decision ever.

Likes:
-Durability overall
-Quality material
-The soft rubber part that comes in contact with the phone is better than the typical hard-shell cases that simply go on the back
-The additional hard shell is not thin plastic, but a thick, durable material.
-Easy to put on and take off
-There are "doors" for you to open and plug in headphones/charger
-Fits snuggly along all edges of my phone

Dislikes:
-The rubber material attracts dirt
-The bottom piece on the outer shell breaks easily (see pictures).

For me, the plastic piece along the bottom broke which caused one of the bottom corner plastic bumpers to also break. It's extremely thin, so it makes sense. Honestly though, I don't feel it's a design flaw, as this particular model is made so that the entire face of the phone is exposed. It's just part of the risk if you want the whole front open. I should also say that despite the snap, it doesn't seem to affect the overall protection. The rubber is still in contact with my phone and (until I purchased a replacement) I was comfortable with it.

I have since purchased a new/different iphone cover, still by OtterBox. I purchased the Otterbox Defender (not off of Amazon, but you should) OtterBox Defender Series Case and Holster for iPhone 4 & 4S [Non-Retail Packaging] (Gray/Pink) and I seriously love it! This one was great, but if the weak piece at the bottom will bother you, I would suggest a different OtterBox.
review image review image
on February 10, 2012
This looks great- at first... but the white, obviously get's dirty easily (especially as a woman who wears makeup and wants to be able to hold the phone up to my ear!)- I try not to touch my face, but still, any little rub shows dirt, makeup or what have you on the white skin. I read it cleaned easily so I took the chance... but I rub it clean ALL the time... after just a week of use, the white skin is now starting to distort from me rubbing it clean so often. Almost looks cracked?

I really wish I could find this exact case with a black skin instead (as I LOVE the pink hard case)- but they don't make it. I'm going to return this to the store and find one that will hold up better... pretty bummed. I'd give it 5 stars if there was better color choice options or it did clean up easily and not cause damage. Oh well. Live and learn.
on January 25, 2012
This product is almost as good as I hoped it would be. I bought this for my mother and it works just fine. The only thing about it is it doesn't cover the front screen on the iPhone. Not a big deal and the issue is my own. I didn't do my research well enough. Now I know the difference between the "commuter" and "defender" series.
on July 4, 2012
When I bought my iPhone, I purchased a Defender series from Otterbox. They were also a CO company, and I had heard good things. Got it, loved it, kept my iPhone looking brand new for over a year. However, pulling it from my pocket a million times had stretched out the rubber and it no longer fit tight, and would frequently slip off, and one part began to tear. So I looked for a replacement, and decided to try the Commuter series.

Needless to say, I'm really disappointed in this case. The Defender fit perfectly over my iPhone, and the Commuter feels like it is a little too small, and therefore the rubber stretches weird in places, and the hard plastic doesn't nest in appropriate channels well. The finish on the plastic edges is rough, and makes it quite uncomfortable when holding the phone to my ear. I also found that the hole for the headphone jack is too small to let anything in other than Apple headphones, and pulling the case off every time I got in my car and wanted to use an AUX cable was getting tedious.

I liked the idea of a smaller case with the same protection and comfort of the Defender, but unfortunately this isn't it.
on November 12, 2011
I had very high expectations for this case but I guess I should have paid attention to some of the other reviews. The outer shell of the case did not properly fit on the silicone case on my iPhone 4s. One side was lifting up and when I tried to fix that side, then the other side would lift. I could not achieve a seamless fit and this case was too expensive for such a flaw. It is a shame because the case would have looked really nice if it fit my phone properly. I'm returning and the search for a better case continues......
99 comments|21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 10, 2011
My case just came in the mail today. Im giving it a 4 instead of a full 5 because the colors are not the same as the picture, its not as green, more along the lines of turquoise and light turquoise mint? if that makes any sense...but i seen a photo someone else took of this cover and liked it, so i purchased.

Overall, the quality is good. Feels nice and sturdy. The silicon skin takes some molding to get it to fight right, and the plastic feels good. There is a little bit of gaping with the top and bottom, but hardly noticeable unless u keep inspecting it. Its a bit slippery, but i think some wearing in will take care of that problem. I read some negative reviews regarding the hole on the top next to the earphone jack. The discovered the reason it lines up to the right and not to the earphone port is because that dot on the iphone is a secondary mic. So its only fitting to have that exposed and have the earphone port accessible with the flip of the flap. I haven't tested out my car charger with it yet, but i think it will fit the bulkier chargers. so far im satisfied!!!
on January 7, 2012
Practically everyone has an otterbox for their iPhone, so I figured I'd give it a shot, in hopes of protecting my brand new phone 4S. When I first got this case I was really pleased with it. It fit very nicely and also looked nice. The first drop the plastic cracked at the top corner near the ear bud jack. It did protect the phone, but the case got loose on that top corner. Then I took it off to put a screen protector on and went to put it back on and you have to bend the plastic on the case a little to get it over the top rubber buttons covering the ear bud jack and on button. I did this and the whole upper third of the case snapped off. Now i put the case on successfully two or three other times before, but this time it snapped. And looking at it the plastic is very thin and cheap, probably why it cracked the first time I dropped it. It's a nice case that looks good, but the plastic is made way too cheaply. I'd rather just be careful with my phone and get a cheaper, less bulky bumper case.
on February 12, 2014
It's a good case if it fits and you dont have to deal with customer service! I had a problem with my case, I complied with all of their requirements regarding photos and specific info and they did send me a new part. Guess what, the part was slightly different in length, did not fit and their customer service person just kept telling me it would stretch. Not possible and if it did stretch, the case would not fit snug to the phone.
Going elsewhere for a case!
on November 3, 2012
The seller Universal Mania did everything great! Packaged wonderfully. I always have stuck with the Denfender case wanted something different so I bought Commuter case. It doesn't seem as much protection as the defender I have dropped my iphone many times in the defender case. Phone has always been fine after the fall. Wish Commuter case protected front of the phone better. I also will have to get used to how slick the back of the Commuter case is... I wouldn't say slick but it's not like the denfender with grip. time will tell. When I do drop my phone I'll come back & write more. I read a lot of reviews on here..FYI With both cases in order to fit properly you have to grip around with you fingers on the phone. It takes me about ten minutes to feel like it's snugged & fitted properly with both cases.
review image review image review image
on March 1, 2015
this is my third otterbox. I am very rough on my phones. I have some numbness in my hand and unfortunately drop my phone often. despite multiple bounces on concrete the only damage done was to the corners of my otterbox.