5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT - Impact Cases are the BEST!
Published on January 16, 2012 by Heidi McKnight

3.0 out of 5 stars Good case...if you leave it on ALL the time!
Published on December 23, 2011 by mes5909

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT - Impact Cases are the BEST!, January 16, 2012
This review is from: Otterbox Impact Series Silicone Case for iPhone 4 & 4S - Retail Packaging - Black (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I have had various cases for my iPhones and when I found the IMPACT series for my 3GS - I was instantly in love. I just upgraded to the 4S and thus, bought this IMPACT 4S series case. It arrived in 2 days (today is even a holiday).The case comes in the original Otterbox, IMPACT Series box and includes a cleaning cloth and extremely thin front screen cover (which you can apply if you would like).

My comments:

-It is 100% Silicone - there is no plastic like the defender case.
The silicone feels smooth/velvet-y but creates a no-slip like grip. Sides are slightly texturized.

-It fits PERFECTLY on the 4S - there are no loose places.
On the back of the phone the camera and the flash have an adequate cutout. No issues there.
On this case - there is a cutout for the apple symbol.
On the top - the space for the phone jack is cut out with no cover (I hate having a "plug" to cover this!)
On the left side - there is an adequate cutout for the mute button - no issues with its accessibility.
The front has a cutout for the face time camera and speaker - sides and bottom are perfectly covered.
Bottom - there is a cutout for the bottom speaker and charger plug in

-Overall: Sleek, durable, and efficient. Looks professional. Excellent buy for under $10! Otterbox will continue to get my business.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case just as described, October 29, 2011
This case is perfect. Just as described and it IS compatible with the 4 and 4S, Love the case so far well worth the price vs the otterbox websites price. Would suggest this case to ANYONE. Also I ordered with 5 day shipping and it got here 3 days early same as expedited shipping :P.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great 4S Case, ensure it's the type you prefer, April 28, 2012
For me this is the perfect case. I like the silicone grip and the thicker case to protect my iphone. I have a geeky holster and don't put in my pocket. I have put it in my pocket at times and do not see the lint issue. Under 10 bucks, great price. I do not have the loose fit problem, not to say this is not a problem. Maybe a bad batch out there. Not "loose" for me. I wanted an iskin, but took a chance on this to save some money and now extremely happy. I had a thin silicone skin that kept falling off. If you want robust, somewhat grippy silicone skin that provides protection for your iphone, this is the one to get. Can't go too wrong with the price. This stays securely on. All buttons work great with the well located knubs. Because it's slicone, it does not slide off things when you set it down.

So, if you like a hard case that slides easily in and out of your pocket, this may not be the case for you. If you are looking for a case that is very thin, look at other types. If you wear tight jeans, this may be a bit difficult getting in/out due to the smooth grippy-ness. Plus a bit thicker than the thin silicone skins. The reason there are so many different type of cases/skins out there, people prefer different funtionalities. Understand what you want before buying this and then complain about it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good case...if you leave it on ALL the time!, December 23, 2011
I purchased this item for my husband's iPhone 4s. It fits and looks great! Only problem- he took the case off about 2 or 3 times (it wouldn't fit in his charger with the case on). He owned the case for about 3 days before doing this caused it to actually break in several places. We are chalking it up as our fault and not returning the case, but just be warned that it's meant to stay on alll the time and not be removed for anything! We are very happy with the screen protector that came with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is my favorite iPhone case!, April 4, 2012
When I got my iPhone 4S, I bought the first-gen Impact Series case. It didn't fit very well on my phone, and whenever I used the FaceTime camera, the rubber that went around the earpiece would always block the top half of the camera. It also blocked the ambient light sensor, so the phone always thought I was in complete darkness.

I saw that they now fixed that problem with a very large opening around the earpiece, FaceTime camera, and the Ambient Light Sensor. They also shortened the case by maybe 1/8-1/4 of an inch, which curtailed the problem of the phone sliding around inside the case. I always loved how this case was grippy enough to not be easily dropped, yet not sticky enough to get stuck in your pocket -- especially while sitting down.

It offers great protection of the phone, and never gets in the way. I absolutely love how much easier it is to hold the phone in my big hands now, compared to using it without a case. I also feel like the rubber/silicone materials used to make the case offer much more protection from drops than a hard plastic case. I think when the phone is dropped, the silicone absorbs most of the shock from the impact.

The screen protector is great, like Otterbox always makes. It isn't annoying by making the screen blurry, and also doesn't feel weird on your fingers when scrolling. You can't even tell that it's there!

Overall, this is an EXCELLENT iPhone case, and I plan on using the Impact Series cases by Otterbox for as long as I have an iPhone. (Which I hope will be forever...)

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad purchase, December 4, 2011
I thought I was getting a deal for the Otterbox for $10. It looked great and felt great. However, after using it a few weeks I replaced it because the black silicone kept flaking off into all openings on the phone, as well as the screen. I also did a Goggle search to see comments from other users. Many also had the same problem.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor fit and a lint magnet, January 16, 2012
R. Fuller (Kansas City, Missouri United States) - See all my reviews
In my opinion this is the worst case I have ever used. I got it as a smaller alternative to the Otterbox defender. The fit around the case is loose with two noticeable gaps in the middle next to the screen, it it just looks sloppy. If you like to put your phone in your pocket, unless you like a case covered in lint, I would keep looking.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits perfectly!, January 12, 2013
J. Geiling (Edison, New Jersey United States) - See all my reviews
It was a little hard putting my iPhone 4 in this case but once it is in it fits perfectly and protects my iPhone in case I drop it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and effective, January 1, 2013
After breaking 2 different $30 cases for my iPhone 4S each within a month, I bought this for around $15. The problem with a lot of cases is that they are slippery (thus slip out of my hand or pocket and break) and the hard plastic cracks on impact. This is not a pretty case but in 10 months and about 12 drops, the phone and the case are fine. I've had no lint problem but it does tend to pull my back pocket inside out when I pull it out (it's tacky and thus doesnt fall out - a good thing). The rubber sides are not tight but fit the case fine. Also, despite playing with the case (pulling it on and off), there are no tears in the rubber

5.0 out of 5 stars Iphone in water?, January 1, 2013
I wasnt sure if I would need this and I have dropped my phone so many times and not a scratch. I have since seen so many broken and shattered phones that really could have used this.

So, 4 months ago, my wife gave me a glass of water while sitting in my truck, I went to grab my and through a freak accident, it hit the arm rest, tumbled off my center console and fell into the wide mouth glass of water. No I dont want to go into all the things that had to go wrong in order for my Iphone to end up immersed in a glass of water, but it happened. I also din NOT opt for the insurance so I was sure I was out an Iphone. I pulled out the phone, grabbed a towel and my wife got the blow dryer. We took off this cover, dried what we could and left it in the sun over night. The next day it turned on with no problem.

I attribute this to this cover along with Halo Screen Protector Film Clear (Invisible) for iPhone 4S

Rate and Discover Movies