5.0 out of 5 stars Best of the OtterBox Products to Date!
Published 11 months ago by Rocky

2.0 out of 5 stars failed at protecting the screen-twice
Did a great job protecting my phone, until I dropped it corner-face-down in a parking lot. The entire screen shattered- but the phone wasn't covered under Otterbox's warranty (which is only for the case, by the way). Pretty disappointed that they wouldn't replace the screen even though it was securely in the case when it shattered.

So, instead of buying an...
Published 2 months ago by Lisa Gabrielson

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of the OtterBox Products to Date!, March 19, 2014
I have been an OtterBox fan for years now and this new case is a triumph! I took my older case off right before putting this one on and the difference is profound! Great protection, simple installation + removal, slim styling, excellent pocket-ability, and fits my phone like a glove. OtterBox clearly has been listening to their customers and is delivering OtterBox protection in a much slimmer and sleeker package. Incredible - this is the one to get!

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice sturdy case but it is a bit slippery, May 30, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Length:: 1:37 Mins

This is a nice overall case that brings Otterbox ruggedness to a case that's a less bulky than some of their more intense products.

The case is rigid but also very easily snaps on and off an iPhone. It wraps around the phone nicely and also has a nice lip on the front of the case to keep the screen from coming into contact with surfaces. There's no screen protector and it isn't waterproof, but the Symmetry will certainly do well preventing damage from drops onto hard surfaces.

I do wish the back of the case had a better grip to it. The case is a bit slippery and I also found that it wasn't completely flat on the back - it's actually quite easy to spin my iPhone like a top on flat surfaces. Coating the back with a rubberized surface would have prevented slips out of hands or off tables.

Otterbox cases don't come cheap but this a nicely designed case that I wish was a little less slippery.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great case but Otterbox don't be so cheap! Four stars, here's why..., April 28, 2014
TheR3alDanny (Northern Virginia) - See all my reviews
I would’ve given this case 5 stars if it weren't for a couple small factors. But for now let’s start with the positives.

PROTECTION- I've previously owned the Commuter case and absolutely loved it. I enjoyed peace of mind my prized possession was well protected. But after a while, I began using more slimmer cases offering just as good protection. Then when I went back to my Commuter it just felt bulky. The Symmetry case is on another level. Thanks Otterbox for what you’ve done with this case! What attracted me the most is, again, the peace of mind using a Otterbox gives you. You know your phone will be well protected and backed by a great company. The Symmetry case is practically the same as the Commuter just that it’s one piece and about 20-25% more slim. Inside it’s sort of like a honeycomb design to absorb impact. 5 STARS.

STYLE- Personally, I’ve never been a person to style a case because of its design. By design I mean a team logo, dogs and cats, family picture what have you. I want a case that looks as good as it feels in hand and has no trouble coming in-and-out of a pocket. Last thing I want is from far away to seem like I have a t-shirt in my pocket (*cough*cough* Defender). In the end, you can’t beat it being a one piece case and from Otterbox. 5 STARS.

ACCESSIBILITY- The ports are just right for those that use OFFICIAL Apple/AT&T chargers. I only use the original Apple lightning charger and AT&T-bought chargers. These work fine- no problem. Now, I’m not a person that uses a charging dock or any other speaker dock so the size of the case does not bother me. It may bother some but that’s with 95% of cases so I don’t know why people taint the reputation of a company’s product when it’s really a user error. Speaker and charging docks were designed for a NAKED iPhone! Very few work with a case(unless it’s an open bottom snap-on case). Headphone jack has worked with my slim L shaped and Apple headphones. I’ve only used it with the original and SOL Republic headphones – no problems.

WHY 4 STARS?- C’mon Otterbox don’t be so cheap! No screen protector?!?!?! For a $40 case it should at least include a screen protector. Check out my reviews and you’ll see I don’t normally use screen protectors included with cases but it feels good knowing I have a back. Other than that it includes everything a normal Otterbox product would. Price, I feel it’s over priced especially without a screen protector(SP). I know it’s a fairly new product but c’mon, $40? This case should at least be $25-$35 (without the SP). I still love the case, just thought it was a little pricey than what I’m used to. Next and final reason for the FOUR star review, the synthetic rubber I feel will lose its form after a while. Not sure if other users have noticed this but when you press the sleep/wake button the rubber portion will slightly “stretch” over the screen. The same thing happens when pressing the volume buttons. Over time I feel the rubber portion of the case will warp. We’ll wait and see if so.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just FYI....., August 5, 2014
I really like this case. Just thought I needed to note a few things....
1. I own this in "crushed damson" and the pink hard plastic is bright pink and the rubber part is a dark plum (see pic I added)
2. I have the verizon tempered glass screen protector and this fits fine in conjunction
3. I originally got this in the teal color and within an hour the front rubber part was filthy, I had clean hands, never put it in my pocket and was using a brand new purse.

With that said I am very happy with this case in this color.

5.0 out of 5 stars Is this an OtterBox I See Before Me?, March 20, 2014
Let's be clear, NOT an OtterBox fan - love the protection, but too bulky, too boring, too... too much. So when I saw this case I thought... Wow, there is NO WAY this can be an OtterBox. Slim? Stylish? Colorful? C'mon!

Well it's true, it's an OtterBox and they NAILED it! Single piece construction, super slim, attaches to my i5s with a reassuring "click", removes with a cool "peeling" motion, and amazingly protective with a "triangle patterned" interior protective core. Impressive, inside and out... this is a new OtterBox and I am SOLD!

2.0 out of 5 stars failed at protecting the screen-twice, December 8, 2014

So, instead of buying an entirely new phone, I just replaced the screen and got a new case. However, the new case was too bulky to fit in my pocket so one day I decided to try out to otterbox again. Guess what? I dropped the phone from pocket-height onto the sidewalk and it cracked again. So, I gave up. I got a new phone and I'm going with some super-blasto case because this doesn't work.

5.0 out of 5 stars SLIM, PROTECTED and PERFECT fitted, March 23, 2014
I was not a big fan of Otter Box cases but this case has changed my opinion. Just replaced my Speck Candy Shell Grip case with this case and I must say; it is SLIM, PROTECTED and PERFECT fitted to my iPhone 5. Recommended product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for clumsy people., June 3, 2014
I got this case after having to replace my shattered screen, but after using it for about 2 weeks I now have another shattered screen on my hands... The cause? Dropping my phone two inches. If you're looking for protection, stick with the defender. If you just want a cute pattern then there are much cheap cases on the market. Such a waste of money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Case!, September 18, 2014
As I was putting my phone into my pocket the other day, when all of a sudden, due to a completely random and unforeseeable set of circumstances, I was attacked by a large black bear. In my haste to defend myself from this ferocious attack, I lost my grip on my precious iPhone and it sailed out of my hand. Time seemed to slow as the bear and I both watched in horror as my iPhone impacted with the sidewalk and bounced multiple times before coming to rest on it's face, like a defeated warrior. After wrestling the bear into submission, I was able to retrieve my fallen iPhone and examine it for damage. I was pleased to see that the Otterbox had sacrificed itself and taken the fall for my iPhone. The case now bears manly cosmetic scars from the encounter, while my iPhone still sits pretty, good as new.

tl;dr: I dropped my phone and the Otterbox protected it wonderfully.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and Functional! This case saved my brand new iPhone!!, June 14, 2014
I bought this case because it was definitely the prettiest "protective case" I've seen on the market. I have owned an Otterbox before when I had my Droid Razr and hated how bulky it made my phone (both the Defender and Commuter style did this). Although it definitely added size to my old phone it still did its job and protected it!

With all that said, lets talk about THIS Otterbox case...

*It is extremely slim. I hardly notice a size difference between holding my phone san case and holding my phone with this case on. I believe this is mainly thanks to the new design of fusing the hard outer shell with the spongy inner rubber part (my old Droid Razr did not have this innovative design at the time).
*It protects like no other case I've ever had!!
Long story short, I was at a drive through and was trying to hand my phone to the barista (Starbucks can scan your gift card on the phone app) and my phone slipped out of my hands and FLEW out the window. Needless to say it hit the brick building about 2 ft away from my car then fell another 3-4 ft down before it hit the unforgiving pavement.
I KNEW my phone screen was cracked or irrevocably damaged in some other way. Once I retrieved it I was astonished that there wasn't even a SCRATCH anywhere on the phone itself and the beautiful case only had a very minute scratch on the bottom where it had skidded on the concrete.

Overall this case is amazing. I am planning on buying a second one soon as a backup. Don't let the initial cost deter you (yes, in my opinion it is a little expensive, but the case is so good it is worth paying a little extra!)

The only negative thing I would have to say is, it is hard to hold onto sometimes (see the story above).

This case has a beautiful design overall and is worth it for the fall protection!!!!