Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on March 9, 2014
Product ID: OK719HD

The Ouku brand survellence systems are cheap knock offs. The DVR for this system was unstable from the get go.

Instead of taking all the time of stringing up cabling and mounting camera's, i tested the system first from a desk top and getting to know the options for the system.

After about a dozen or so power on/off cycles (occurring over a couple of weeks for a few minutes each day) the DVR stopped sending all images to the monitor. Subsequently, i determined that it was the circuit board and not the cabling or hard drive or cams.

The tiny circuit board inside the DVR had inspection stickers all over it. But obviously there was no real quality control and qualtiy assurance performed on the unit.

The seller said they would send me a replacement board which they call "host". Simple enough to replace since it was held down by four screws to the inside base of the dvr housing. But they never shipped me anything and they also stopped communicating with me via email.

The credit card people said to send it back to the seller in china and once they signed for it, i would get an unconditional refund posted on my account. However, the cost to ship it back to china exceeded the price of the unit, and this particular expenditure was not going to be reimbursed to me by the cc company.

So i decided this was going to be a financial loss to me.

Shopping around for a stand-alone dvr, i found good prices for Zmodo products as well. But the seller i bought the Ouku system from also sold Zmodo's. I thought that if I spent 20 dollars more for the Ouku instead of the Zmodo, i would be better off. But who knows??

I will find something made and guaranteed by an American Company. I will never buy products directly from China again or be fooled by fancy grantees regarding refunds, when the refunds do not include "return shipping".

In the end, the 4 Cams @ 600TVL's and and the 4 sets of cabling seem to be in good working order. Hooking one of them up to my monitor and then over to my large flat panel, presented live images both day and night. To my surprise the Cams seem to be extraordinarily of higher quality and beautiful - almost picturesque.

So while the bad dvr and wasted time over it turned out to be a bad deal, it was not a total loss because the hi-def's cams and cabling offset'd the cost of my purchase mishap.
on March 2, 2014
First of all, the system is NO NAME. The only thing it says on the box is H.264 Network DVR. It is of Chinese Mfg. It appears several different Chinese companies sell this system. Overall, everything is cheaply built--maybe functional--but I never got it to record anything I could replay. I had problems with the password. It is supposed to come with a mfg password that you change. I found various mfg passwords in the manual and online but none of them worked. 111111. 666666. 123456. Blank password. It wouldn't let me change it. All I wanted was for it to be a manually started system I could turn on when I wanted it on and turn it off when I didn't want it on. I never found a way to turn it on manually and I couldn't even get it to record. Ever. The software is raw--barely functional and the manual is of little or no help since it was written by someone who spoke English as a second language. In some places in the manual, and extended manual on the web, it is incomprehensible. Basically, you are on your own and you have to figure out how it works by yourself. The cameras seem to be adequate but what good are they if you can't record from them? My old system was simple. You pressed "Start" to record, and "Stop" to stop. Each segment you filmed was made into a separate file you could find and work with as needed. I think this system starts at the beginning of the hard drive (Which you have to buy) and fills it up with video until it is full and then rewrites over the first video you put down. I am returning it and ready to pay more to get one that works. The mfger seems to be Ouku, but some company called GRAIN in China seems to be the motherboard Mfg. Speaking of hardware...GET THIS. This takes a 3.5 regular size Hard drive for recording and there isn't a fan included in the system. Recording video makes a lot of heat and only a tiny fan could be put in the space they left for it. I guarantee problems with the hard drive if you don't put a fan in the box. And this is crucial. The full sized drive fits between the video connector in back and a display ribbon and bar in front and if put in as they instruct, you crush the ribbon cable against the video connector and it is only a matter of time until it breaks off some of the ribbon wires. I put in one screw to hold in the hard drive, and angled it so it didn't crush either cable. I used some gaffer tape to hold the drive from moving. Also, it has a format function but if you put in a raw drive, it wouldn't format it. I finally took out the hard drive, partitioned it, formatted it (NTFS) and put it back in the box and then their software "Formatted it" but another section of their software didn't recognize it--that being the recording section of the software. The scheduling function might as well be written in Greek because there is no logic to it and it doesn't work, As soon as I put the cameras on board, it started recording on its own, and I couldn't shut it off. All four cameras eating hdd space like a hot dog eating contest. I wasted about a week trying to get it to work, including ordering cables and connectors for it but I am done wasting time. This is not a functional unit on the cheap. This is a dysfunctional unit on the cheap. On the plus side, everything was well packed in the shipping box :-) There are so many problems I can't remember them all but my recommendation is not to buy this system. I am a certified computer tech and an electrician and a programmer and I couldn't make it work. I looked for firmware upgrades and couldn't find any. I suspect there aren't any. Here is a website where people are looking for help to fix problems with the system. [...] If you have questions, please ask. I put a lot of time in on this.
on March 16, 2014
It never worked. What a waist of time. The instructions were not clear and there's not enough information on the software or how to load or configure cameras.
on March 30, 2014
This was a horrible surveillance system. Keeps powering itself off then reboot itself. Cloudy camera lens. DVR is a total piece of crap. No real instructions to set up equipment. Horrible, horrible, horrible!!!
on April 17, 2014
Works great! Easy setup. I'v seen where people cant find the password out of the box. Well the reason why is it has no password. It pops up and asks for one with the username admin, just hit log on. After that it works perfect.
on March 24, 2014
Bought it, installed it, started to program it for recording and BAM CAN'T EVEN GET INTO THE MENU. If you look on the Internet you will find that many others have had the same problem and no one has found a solution. I am going to have to buy another DVR in order to properly record. The company is pretty good about responding but since they are based in china it is inconvenient for them to call the United States
on March 5, 2014
This DVR is hard to set up, the manual is few pages and does not tell you the necessary steps.
on May 10, 2014
I bought this and the hard drive. It works good. Clear view and nite vision. Although not enough instructions on setting up other than hooking up. Finally got it installed on my lap top. Love that. Still cannot get it on my android tho. Great starter. Next I'm upgrading to 8 cams:) also maybe a more known brand but overall so far (2 months) I am satisfied.
on March 12, 2014
I love my security cameras, it was easy set up & showed really good. I'm still trying to understand the recording part but in time I will.
I like them a lot.
on June 28, 2014
cant get it to work. perhaps my equiptment doesnt match. i have new expensive t v and computer and very good cable antenna service. but cant get it to do anything. or maybe i am too stupid to plug it in .lol. ha ha ha. not funny! ! p s i have high I Q. college. aircraft mech. pilot. electronic tech, repair hobbest,...... if i m not smart enough to hook this up then .........? i do not recommend. but if there was on phone help avalible , then it may be ok.