4.0 out of 5 stars Well planned and easy to understand
Compared to some anthropology textbooks this one is quite easy to read. It is a first edition so it has a couple minor errors, but nothing too bad. It also doesn't explain some of the contentious points of anthropology, which may confuse some who stumble upon them through research, but I guess that is inevitable for a beginning book.

Not bad overall, and far...
Published on November 26, 2008 by Former Accounting Student

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Good Condition
Published 13 months ago by Kelly Johnson

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Well planned and easy to understand, November 26, 2008
This review is from: Our Origins: Discovering Physical Anthropology (Paperback)

Not bad overall, and far cheaper on amazon than through the university bookstore :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent anthro text book, November 26, 2009
Suzy Black (Morro Bay, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Our Origins: Discovering Physical Anthropology (Paperback)
I purchased this book for a class I will take - the class hasn't started yet, but I'm on chapter 6 of the book - very interesting, well written book. The way the pages are set up makes the reader want to read every word.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Good Condition, January 16, 2014
This book stated that it was in good condition. Although it is currently meeting the needs of my class the book in my opinion is not in good condition as it has many highlighted sentences in it. I find this to be very distracting when doing my own learning. The cover was in fair condition with folds and wrinkles and there were some pages torn. In my opinion the book should have been rated "fair condition" rather than "good condition" and been sold for a reduced cost than what I paid for it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Super worn and torn?, January 31, 2014
The copy I got is super bent and folded and has a lot of tears in the front and back pages. They only started using this edition this semester, too. So there's really no reason it should be so messed up. The textbook is like double bound in cheap tape too. Also, only after I bought the thing, It said on the cover you can rent it. Which made me really upset. you should at least remove the damn rent label if you're making us pay $50+ for a torn up textbook.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best textbooks I have ever been required to purchase, August 12, 2014
One of the best textbooks I have ever been required to purchase. The writing is captivating, quickly breaking down complicated processes in ways that make it easily accessible to everyone who is interested in anthropology. The book is filled with helpful diagrams and beautiful images. I have recommended this book (and purchased extra copies) for friends to keep as coffee table reading. You will not regret this purchase even if it's not for a class.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very cool book, March 31, 2014
I enjoyed this book a lot in my Human Evolution course last semester, however there was quite a bit of information that our professor provided us that was very important or at least good to know, but was not in this book. In the book's defense, this is a field that is rapidly growing right now. Still will definitely be holding onto it for a while though.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Anthro Book!, November 22, 2011
Chelsea (California, United States) - See all my reviews
If you need this for school, don't worry - it's actually a good book. Lots of great information, followed up by relevant and worthwhile photos. I really benefited from the vocabulary words and the chapter reviews. If you're into anthropology at all, buy this new because you may decide to keep it on your bookshelf even after your course is over.

4.0 out of 5 stars Our Origins, March 12, 2014
I am using this text (renting it) for Physical Anthropology. It is well written, but I do like a written summary at the end which this does not have. It does, however, have a lot of good info that can be accessed via computer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Shape, September 22, 2013
This review is from: Our Origins: Discovering Physical Anthropology (Paperback)
This book was used but you would have never know it. It was in good shape and had very few marks are dog ears on the pages. I got it pretty quickly after I order it. I will order from the vendor again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Book, January 30, 2014
I needed this for my biological Anthropology class. The book came in very new and the conditions was perfect. I expected it to be ripped or torn pages because I rented it but nope. It proved me wrong.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Our Origins: Discovering Physical Anthropology
Our Origins: Discovering Physical Anthropology by Clark Spencer Larsen (Paperback - March 13, 2008)
Used & New from: $1.01