Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: OurPets Play-N-Squeak Twice the Mice Cat Toy, 2pc
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Price:$6.29+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on May 27, 2011
I got a blind kitten and I've never seen him have this much fun with any toy I've given him. I'm recommending it to everyone I know that has cats.

*update 5/29/11 less than a week after receiving them*
Well, the blind kitten has drained the battery or just broke the first mouse after around 4 days. He's on the second one right now. Because he's blind I'm limited in toys he can play with, and he loves these things wayyyy more than anything else I've given him. I ordered 4 more today, and depending on how long the second one last for I may be ordering more in the future. Really is an awesome cat toy soI'm sticking with the 5 stars.

*update 6/1/11*
Not water proof
1010 comments| 78 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 25, 2009
I have bought a few sets of these mice in the past. My cat goes absolutely bonkers over these. When he gets playing with one it sounds like a mouse massacre. They are resistant to water, as my cat loves to drop them into his water bowl, but the action of chewing on them smashed the speaker on one of them, to the point that it didn't make any more sound. 2 of the others have also suffered similar fates due to electronic parts being broken from the system board inside the mouse. This is not an issue however with the larger single pack versions of these mice since those seem to have a casing around the electronics to prevent damage.

On the plus side, after one of the mice dies and I remove the electronics so that it does not hurt the cat, he still loves the bodies. My cat loves the fur texture on this brand of mice, and he still plays with the dead ones. They are still great for playing fetch too.
on October 31, 2012
I love these mice. I chase them up and down the hall and bat them around and really enjoy the realistic mouse squeak sound. I think these would be even more fun for someone who has a cat.
22 comments| 59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 22, 2009
Don't buy this toy if you are afraid of mice!
There are many visually realistic mouse toys available, and cats like these things. But this toy is unique in that it also makes rodent-like noise.
Cats have the ability to hear very high pitched sounds, much higher than dogs are able to hear. This ability is very important when cats hunt, as they track prey by hearing it. This toy makes a high pitched mouse squeak when you tap it so it appeals to cats on multiple levels.
on May 22, 2011
I have an old fat male cat(25 lbs)who I have not seen play in 8+ years, he actually jumps up in the air doing back flips playing with it!
on July 6, 2011
The squeak is perfect! Not too loud or soft and the sound is so real I have nearly thought I had just stepped on a mouse. One of my kitties, who knows how to play by herself, loved these mice. The more aggressive, hard-to-please kitty was not smitten until I put a hole in the label and attached it to an old Da Bird wand, complete with worn-out feathers (the feathers were what brought the kitty lots of interest) and danced it around for him. He was also interested when I wedged it inside a Bergan Turbo Scratcher toy so that he had to work to get it out. Also, if I pushed on the ball of that toy, the mouse would squeak when hit. I'm thinking of wrapping one up in a small brown bag with a bit of catnip to give them the job of getting it out. It seems one could think up a number of ways to play with these.

These are really cute & interesting to the kitties & I rate them as a great toy to have.
on June 14, 2012
I ordered two packs of the "Twice the Mice". They arrived today. I found that three of the four mice were stone "dead". The cat loves the mouse that works. Hope it lasts for a while. I don't mind the money so much. What concerns me is that if a company is so careless about "quality control" can I trust their product enough for my cat to put it in his mouth???
on April 9, 2015
Due to MOST of my recent order of Play-N-Squeak toys being defective, I tried contacting customer service for help, replacements, or at least an apology.

Thirteen days ago, I sent the below email directly to the OurPets company (at 2 different email addresses). I received no reply. I did also send the email through their website, and also did it direct from my email acct one additional time a week ago, to try for a response.

Absolutely NO RESPONSE at all from OurPets Company.

I find this to be horrible customer service, and a terrible attitude for any company, especially one that makes playthings for pets. I wanted to post positive reviews on Amazon for these, but if no one can bother to reply to give and explanation or help about their DEFECTIVE products, then the negative experience is all I am left with.

To: comments@playnsqueak.com; info@playnsqueak.com
Subject: OurPets Play-N-Squeak Backyard Cat Toys
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 10:42:22 -0400

Hello,

My husband and I (and our cats) have been enjoying your products for years. In Nov 2013 I ordered 7 of your Play-N-Squeak Backyard Cat Toys (all different animals), some for gifts, some to keep. Unfortunately, about 4 of these items had issues with the sound. One bird was too quiet and you could barely hear it; another bird only made a noise when you smacked it against something (with the force of a human, not a cat in play); the skunk and one of the mice wouldn't make any noise at all for a while, and they seemed like complete duds; the mouse eventually began working, but then the sound died after a short while (unlike our older products from you which had lasted years); the skunk worked for a while, but then one day it had a "fit" and the sound would not go off, it went haywire and it just kept squeaking for hours until it finally died too.

We have been opening these one-by-one since we purchased them. The others were given to friends as gifts. After our 4 bad experiences, we are wary about buying more of your products, and feel a little taken advantage of by the lacking quality, which is causing us to have to pay to replace these toys long before we should have to. I thought I was stocking up for a long while, but we ran through all that we kept for ourselves in just over a year. Our prior batch of "Twice the mice" which we bought at Petsmart, lasted us for several years, and we were really impressed with the quality. Our cats ADORED them, and played with them constantly, but the sound kept going, and never malfunctioned.

I am writing to share my feedback, as it seems your quality has diminished. That, or perhaps I was sent a pre-returned product from Amazon? Either way, I unfortunately was sent 4 duds, which wasn't what I paid for, and, despite having given these toys as gifts to all our cat-loving friends, I am wary of buying your brand ( a brand I once raved about) in the future.

(I then gave my name, address and phone for them to reply, NO REPLY.) They don't seem to care about customers at all.
on April 8, 2011
This is one toy my cats do not tire of. If it seems they have...I roll the mice in some catnip. All of a sudden they are new toys to play with.
on September 14, 2015
These toys were cute for a few days until my cat opened them both up and removed the noise component. I was worried he'd eaten them both until I found them. It's the perfect size to get lodged in their throat. I wouldn't recommend this product. The stitching at the back seems to come undone, so unless you're willing to reinforce it before giving it to your cat, it's a health hazard.