4.0 out of 5 stars Just received it, just read it, am happy, June 8, 2011
Kaleidocherry (Seattle Eastside) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 16 (Paperback)
Graduation time is here! It is not as tearful as everyone had hoped (except Tamaki, who for Suoh-related reasons is going through some personal problems of his own). Everybody's acting pretty normal again, after the crazy behavior I hated in some of the other more recent volumes. Since there are so many plot threads going on (graduation, Hunny/Mori duel, Suoh problems, the involvement of the Suoh lawyer, Haruhi love problems, etc.) these threads are dealt with in fairly cursory fashion, rather than an in-depth look at fewer story lines. But it's well-done. We meet Hunny's and Mori's dad! There's a bonus manga of how Ranka met and courted Haruhi's mom! And another one about the twins' wild grandmother. At first I was freaking out because it said their grandmother was only 45 years old (which is only biologically possible in very extreme situations), but it was a story from when the twins were only 5, so it works out OK.

The Nekozawa & Kasanoda report: Nekozawa appears with Bereznoff in one panel, no speaking; Bereznoff appears alone with the club members on the Episode 72 splash page. Kasanoda appears (non-speaking) at the beginning of the Hunny/Mori duel, and gives Mori a bunch of flowers at the conclusion of the duel. Wah. I want more Nekozawa!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ouran is dragging..., July 7, 2011
This review is from: Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 16 (Paperback)
I absolutly love this series and as sad as I will be when it ends, I am actually starting to look forward to it also. I just want the author to put Tamaki and Haruhi together and be done with it. Lol...Overall though this was a really good volume and I of course recomend any anime/manga lover to read the whole series and watch the anime.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hatori-sensei has done it again!, June 18, 2011
This review is from: Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 16 (Paperback)
Once again I am crying and laughing over one of the best shoujos in existence! Although Tamaki has become steadily more infuriating I love the new relationship forming between Kyoya and Kaoru!

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, December 4, 2013
This review is from: Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 16 (Paperback)
i love this series i bought it all. i love Bisco Hatori. it is a romance comedy you will like it

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't believe it's almost over, March 13, 2013
This review is from: Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 16 (Paperback)
The time is rapidly approaching for Hunny and Mori's graduation, hard as that is to believe. Even more unbelievable is that Mori has challenged Hunny to a duel! What's up with that?

Ouran High School is abuzz with the news of the impending duel, and bets have even been placed. But no one can predict how the duel indeed ends.

April arrives, and time for the new school year, but the door to Music Room 3 remains locked...

So much is changing, more than friends graduating and moving on. Tamaki has been asked to move into Mansion #1, his longtime dream come true. Or is it a nightmare?

Suddenly Tamaki has no time for club activities. Or anything else that includes the Host Club. Determined to find out what's going on, the Club approaches Tamaki's father, to Tamaki's dismay. Is he lost to them forever?

As a bonus story, we're given a glimpse into the courtship of Haruhi's parents.

This volume of Host Club is both wonderful and infuriating. Wonderful because we're getting closer and closer to everything we've waited and hoped for. Infuriating because sometimes you just want to shake someone and tell them to see what's really going on around them.

Only two more volumes left. I have no doubt that Haruhi and Tamaki will overcome everything and end up together. I hope. Okay, maybe I have a little doubt. And a lot of worry. And what will they have to suffer in the meantime? Let's just say I'll be disappointed with anything less than them being together.
Bisco Hatori has made the Host Club very real. I feel like I know the members very well. I love her artwork and her writing style. This series is definitely a classic.

I suspect that in the next two volumes we'll be able to tie up everything, answer questions, and weave it all together into one soul-satisfying cohesive whole. After the series is finished, I guess I'll have to satisfy my desires to visit with the members of the club by writing fanfiction about them.

Can't wait for Volume 17!

5.0 out of 5 stars funny, February 8, 2013
This review is from: Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 16 (Paperback)
As always the Host Club is hilarious and challenging! Love it Love it Love it! So read it! Read it!

5.0 out of 5 stars ^_^ a must for any fan of ouran, January 24, 2013
This review is from: Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 16 (Paperback)
anyone who has seen the show, well you don't know what you are missing, the show only covers the first 8 or so volumes and it gets a lot more interesting from that point on. If you loved the anime you owe it to yourself to read the real thing

4.0 out of 5 stars a gift, January 15, 2013
This review is from: Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 16 (Paperback)
It was a goft I dont know if its good or bad. So I assumed it was good the person wouldn't have asked for it if it wasnt

5.0 out of 5 stars Shojo Magna volume yet, December 5, 2012
This review is from: Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 16 (Paperback)
Just well described story line and also best graphic art. There is also action and a lot of romance and it is also a gender question that you might have to say is Haruhi a girl or boy and it turns out that Haruhi is a girl. Love the series

5.0 out of 5 stars ouran high school host club, January 16, 2012
Marie R. Divino (LITHONIA, GA, US) - See all my reviews
Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 16

the host club goes though some changes with two key player graduating, and tension heats up with Tamaki leaves the host club will the host club survive?

Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 16
Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 16 by Bisco Hatori (Paperback - June 7, 2011)
$9.99 $8.45