4.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the last...
4/5

I love this series, as I've mentioned already. (I have, right? Because I do.) But this volume wasn't as exciting as I'd hoped it would be.
Published on December 27, 2011 by Jude

2.0 out of 5 stars Great series, but the Manga was pretty ruined.
Published 2 months ago by Leandra

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the last..., December 27, 2011
4/5

Quite a bit happens, though. Tamaki is still trying to get his Grandmother to accept him, and his father so far hasn't done much of anything to help him in this. Tamaki also can't join the host club or interact with Haruhi.
Haruhi decides to go back to dressing like she did before joining the club. I totally understand the statement she is making by doing this, and I also completely understand why she enjoys doing that over getting dressed up and having to look nice. A bunch of people are upset about it, like the twins and Ranka. Anyway, the club is upset about Tamaki and trying to think of ways to fix things.
A lot of talking happens in this volume, and several things are found out. About Tamaki's father and what he has been planning (which is upsetting to Tamaki, but not necessarily a bad thing), and some things are resolved with Tamaki and his Grandmother, and Tamaki's mother's illness is fully discovered, and we find out why she seems to be getting better and what Tamaki's father has to do with it, and what Kosaka's role in all of it is. And Tamaki's mother comes over to Japan, but Tamaki decides not to see her as a statement to his Grandmother, but then he gets to see her, even if only for a very short time. And in order for that to be possible, the host club and several people from the school show how much they love him by making it happen.
I don't want to say too much about what happened aside from that. Just that some awesome things happen with Tamaki's Grandmother that changes a lot, and that's mostly what this volume is centered around. Although, I guess, really, most of the last few volumes, and just generally the serious stuff, revolves around him. A lot of stuff gets resolved, though.
Everyone is just so sweet to Tamaki in this volume. It's nice to see, especially considering how much of an unhappy mood he's in and what's been going on with him. And then at the very end, (like, on the last page,) there's this uber cute moment between Tamaki and Haruhi that is also a huge cliffhanger and I really want to know what happens. I believe that it's happy, since there's only one volume left, but I am so excited to see it happen. (While a little sad, since it is the last volume. What will I have after that? You know, besides all of those other manga I read.)
Most of this book was big statements and moments full of impact, and setting things off for the last volume. There were very few cute, fluffy moments. And it almost pains me to give a volume of this series only four stars, but it just wasn't as good as I wanted it to be. It was very serious. And while it did need to be, I miss the fun, fluff-filled moments. I love them. And I love the characters. I hope that some more things conclude in the next volume, as I'm thinking they will, and I'm excited for it. And I really hope that I don't have to wait too long for it, that they're not going to stretch out the release date too much. I just really want to see the happy ending for all of them.

5.0 out of 5 stars i love this book, January 18, 2012
This review is from: Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 17 (Paperback)
I have been waiting for this book to come out. So excited that its finally here. I love this collection i might buy the whole series.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great series, but the Manga was pretty ruined., September 30, 2014
This review is from: Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 17 (Paperback)
The seller I got this from claimed 'Good' quality. I received a book that had bright red stamps from the library on the back cover's inside, and stickers covering it. It was obviously checked out from a library, and the cover's protective, clear layering had begun peeling a bit. I expected good quality- not a book that was covered in stickers, peeling, and stamped. I'm extremely disappointed. Of course, the OHSHC series is great, but I was not happy with the quality I had gotten the book in. I'm not happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ouran High School, March 27, 2014
This review is from: Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 17 (Paperback)
My Daughter was very excited to get Vol 17 of the series for her collection. I got it for her as a Valentine in place of candy or a Stuffed animal. Book Geeks RULE!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this Series!, March 4, 2014
This review is from: Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 17 (Paperback)
I love this Manga and can't wait to read the rest of the series. Bought this as a gift and she loves it too. Great Anime as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, December 4, 2013
This review is from: Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 17 (Paperback)
i love this series i bought it all. i love Bisco Hatori. it is a romance comedy you will like it

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh My Goodness, January 25, 2013
This review is from: Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 17 (Paperback)
Prepare for a roller coaster ride with this book! Shocking realizations and confessions in this one! It is SO GOOD! Love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars even if you only liked the show you will love the graphic novel, January 24, 2013
This review is from: Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 17 (Paperback)
anyone who has seen the show, well you don't know what you are missing, the show only covers the first 8 or so volumes and it gets a lot more interesting from that point on. If you loved the anime you owe it to yourself to read the real thing

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweetness, December 28, 2012
This review is from: Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 17 (Paperback)
I would love to say this is one of the best work of Bisco Hatori 's collection. The characters have their own personalities and I just can't wait to read the last volume of the series.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, March 1, 2012
This review is from: Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 17 (Paperback)
I am a longtime reader of Ouran high school, and I found this volume to be a great addition to an already great series. If I had to fault it for one thing though, it would be that the emotion can tend to be a bit overplayed, but that is to be expected with any manga of this sort. This was one of the sweetest, most heartfelt volumes that I've seen yet with the host club and I thought it was fantastic.

Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 17
Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 17 by Bisco Hatori (Paperback - December 6, 2011)
$9.99 $9.18