Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Out of the Ordinary True Tales of Everyday Craziness
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on November 20, 2009
I liked the author's previous "Men who stare at goats", and so ordered it, then read it on a plane trip.

It is an unusual book, aimed to capture behavior that spins out of control, and leaves people in a ridiculous position. Often Ronson's wry humor surfaces in amusing ways.

Many of the vignettes show Ronson in his daily life, having cornered himself into indefensible positions, making proposterous statements and actions. Other sections capture people who are seriously warped - a movie director, a pedophile, a preacher.

I found the book to be low-key but perceptive and engaging, a light read.
on March 20, 2013
Love Ronson's writing but was very disappointed in this purchase as much of it is the same as what's just been published as Lost at Sea. I felt really ripped off.
on March 7, 2014
Ronson has written a series of books about some of the odder members of our society and I expected to enjoy this book just as much as I did those. This book was mostly about his interactions with his son and is not as good as his other work, which I highly recommend.
on August 23, 2010
I first heard Jon Ronson reading essays on This American Life which led me to his book. He is hysterically funny. His voice is unique and quirky. This book made me laugh out loud loudly!
on June 26, 2014
There is a small overlap with "Lost at Sea". I did not enjoy some of his personal stories. The author is at his best when he is out and about ad a part of the story."Them" is my favorite.
on November 5, 2011
I heard Jon Ronson interviewed on Brisbane, Australia radio and knew I had to get his book. The book and interview centred around his "The Psychopath Test" and once at the (fabulous) Amazon site, noticed his other books and bought all of them too.

Great Investment!

They are all filled with life moments that everyone has felt, cried or cringed over. Ronson then adds those luminaries that we ordinary people would never come across, nor would want to, mostly. His ability to describe famous and non-famous personages' bubbles of life, that we find incomprehensible and they find so fulfilling, describing their idiocy and/or nuttiness in such clear language is an absolute treat.

Glad I'm one of the ordinary ones who can chortle, laugh and choke over my coffee at the antics of all those other people.
on August 24, 2014
Coolest writer ever. I want to read more of his adventures with conspiracy theorists, weirdos, cult members, etc.
on March 12, 2016
Interesting.
on February 22, 2013
I really enjoy Jon Ronson's books and have read several. He picks unusual topics and subjects. I enjoy reading your articles, also. Thank you!
on November 1, 2013
A lot of these stories were in his others books. I wish the book had more original material. The original stores are hysterical though.