5.0 out of 5 stars Best Baseball Simulation Available
Published on February 5, 2011 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy this version
This version cannot be patched. OOTP has released quite a few patches improving on the game but these will not work with this version. Viva's patches are not designed to work with anything but the actual physical copy since they include Securom protection and need the CD to be in the drive.

Do not buy this version, buy the boxed version or OOTP's version only.
Published on February 24, 2011 by J. Brown

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy this version, February 24, 2011
This review is from: Out of the Park Baseball 11 [Download] (Software Download)

Do not buy this version, buy the boxed version or OOTP's version only.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Baseball Simulation Available, February 5, 2011
This review is from: Out of the Park Baseball 11 [Download] (Software Download)
Where do you start on OOTP Baseball? First, this is not some graphics based console port. This is about really running a baseball team, right down to the last detail. The game engine is tried and true, with the AI settings to give you whatever level of challenge you'd like. You control salaries, contracts, trades, games (batting, pitching, in-game strategy). The stats included go back over 100 years allowing you to create any scenarios you wish.... although I find that non-historical games are just as fun as the historically based ones.

OOTP is also the best at simulating a deep minor league farm system (if you want... but not required). The in-game draft is important because you can grow players through your system and have them payout in later seasons.

I could go on and on... but rest assured... at the Amazon download price EVERY baseball fan will find something they like about OOTP. Even the quickest Google search will bring up thousands of positive reviews going back years and years. Buy this game with confidence... you WILL like it (probably a lot).

2.0 out of 5 stars Too difficult to use..., June 20, 2014
This review is from: Out of the Park Baseball 11 [Download] (Software Download)
This was way too detailed to use for what I wanted. ..I.was looking for a baseball game to play with my grandson.

Posted on Jul 29, 2014 8:46:47 AM PDT
We are very sorry to hear you are not satisfied with this product. This product is unfortunately a simulation of baseball statistics which requires advanced reading skills that may be difficult for some younger computer users. If you are looking for a baseball game to play , we suggest our product It's The Big Game! Charlie Brown. That's a good game you would be able to play with your son. It's also available for sale on Amazon from many vendors.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very confusing Interface, March 12, 2014
This review is from: Out of the Park Baseball 11 [Download] (Software Download)
This made this game so statistics intense that they forgot about letting into the game to play. But boy, is this loaded with stats. You can play any game that you wish or play your own league schedule or follow the present league schedule and see how close (or far away) you can get. My only problem is the interface, not the game, but it may only be that I am stupid....in may case that is a REAL position to take...lol, hell, at this price buy it and figure it out.

3.0 out of 5 stars Solid Sim...., March 8, 2014
This review is from: Out of the Park Baseball 11 [Download] (Software Download)
This game is definitely a solid game. Bought it before I decided on whether or not to buy the new version, and this one is pretty solid. Took me awhile to figure out exactly what to do, how to play, etc. It's not necessarily my cup of tea, I love the sim factor of it, love having the ability to have an in depth system that can be used to sim a season or create a dynasty. Might have to play it a bit more before I make my final decision on it, but solid game overall, I would recommend buying this version before you buy the new one, make sure you like it, because it's definitely a "different" game.

1.0 out of 5 stars Lacks the simplicity of ootp5, February 11, 2014
This review is from: Out of the Park Baseball 11 [Download] (Software Download)
I knew up front it would not be user friendly so my disappointment is no big deal. I had bought other versions.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad purchase, October 25, 2013
This review is from: Out of the Park Baseball 11 [Download] (Software Download)
Not what I expected with this game. It is more for someone who wants anything other than playing the game of baseball. It was a bad purchase for me

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Sim, July 2, 2013
This review is from: Out of the Park Baseball 11 [Download] (Software Download)
I wanted a baseball sim but didn't want to pay alot of money for one of the newer versions so I downloaded this and have wasted (in a good way) hours upon hours since on it. If you don't mind the out of date rosters - go for it.

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
2.0 out of 5 stars Super buggy. Game keeps crashing every time I tried ..., September 7, 2014
This review is from: Out of the Park Baseball 11 [Download] (Software Download)
Super buggy. Game keeps crashing every time I tried to make my own league. I could never get the settings to be perfect either. Really not worth the money. There's newer versions of the game and they're probably less buggy and better.

Posted on Sep 17, 2014 10:21:40 AM PDT
This is a very old game in which we don't support via Technical Support online anymore.

You may have better luck troubleshooting your experience with the developer of the game.

Their contact information is : http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/out-of-the-park-baseball/support.php

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
1.0 out of 5 stars If you like being a manager of a baseball team, July 30, 2014
Bx (Oxnard, CA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Out of the Park Baseball 11 [Download] (Software Download)
Wow! What detail! I was never able to get this game started. The setup is horrendous. If you like being a manager of a baseball team, this game is for you. If you want to play baseball, this is not for you.

Posted on Aug 12, 2014 9:15:54 AM PDT
Thank you very much for your feedback on our game and I am sorry that this game did not work out for you. In regards to the description of the game , I've asked the marketing department to review the description of the game so we can possibly adjust its description to indicate it's a simulation game.