5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent app and a must have for me.
I wrote a review on the free version, but it also applies here. This is an excellent app!

I will admit that I've not tried others, but I did carefully go over other shopping list reviews and through process of elimination, ended up settling on this one.

My priority needs were simple, "I should be able to....":

1. ... make a different list...
Published on December 22, 2011 by MagnoliaSouth

2.0 out of 5 stars A lot of Upkeep
If you are dedicated to putting in the time to setting this app up and KEEPING it up then I'm sure this would work fine for you! However, I'm just not that dedicated to it. I'd much rather write out a quick list and be done. I was very excited about getting it - especially for nearly free. But to have to scan in everything in my house to set it up - then keep doing...
Published on May 30, 2012 by LisaD0115

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent app and a must have for me., December 22, 2011

My priority needs were simple, "I should be able to....":

1. ... make a different list for every store that I go to.
2. ... check off my list items in one easy click/tap.
3. ... put my list items in any order I want.
4. ... mark items with coupons.
5. ... type lists on my computer and sync to my Kindle Fire.

The free version allows all of this except for numbers 4 and 5.

I gave the free version a spin and really, I probably would have done okay without buying the Pro Unlocker, but I type VERY fast (80+ wpm) so editing lists online is much MUCH faster for me than editing in my Kindle Fire, which would take eons since it won't allow an external keyboard.

For this reason, I had to go with the Pro version. However, if all you want is a simple grocery list that is easy to use. Then this one is best.

There are two other features that many wish for: providing an Aisles field and a Categories field. Fortunately, according to their 12/13/11 blog post, they say that are working on both. Yay! For now though I've been listing my items categorically which make them sort the way I want them too. Here are some examples:

canned - tomatoes, diced
baking - flour, all purpose
ethnic - marinara sauce
dairy - butter
produce - cabbage

You see how I do it. Then when I sort by item name, they sort by category which makes it tons faster when shopping.

It is also important to mention that their support is fantastic. I've wanted to ask questions to software developers before buying software in the past and I either do not get an answer, or I'm not allowed to ask a question if I am not yet a paying customer. Those actions spoke volumes to me know before I bought. No thanks. If they aren't interested in answering pre-sales questions, then they aren't interested in my money. End of story.

This is not so with Capigami, the makers of Out of Milk. They have their email address for support right on their front Capigami page (not the OOM page). They also answered my question within a couple of hours too.

Hats off to them! This is a company to support by buying the Pro version and before anyone accuses me of working for them (yes, I've had accusations before) take a look at my other reviews for various things. In fact, if you read enough of my reviews you'll even discover what my profession really is and it has nothing whatsoever to do with computers. Just saying, in case it matters.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Customer Service, August 3, 2011
Amazon Customer (Kansas City, Missouri, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Out of Milk Pro Unlocker (App)
I purchsed the out of milk app from the android market, and then purchased the unlocker here at amazon. Little did I know, the two are not compatible. I was able to log in on my computer, but the app on my phone could not recognize the unlocker key.

I sent an email to their customer service and almost INSTANTLY received a response email from a real person, Paul, who was able to tell me that I should download the app from amazon instead. Problem solved, super fast!

So....if you plan to buy this pro-version...you must be sure that the app on your phone was also downloaded from the amazon market and not from the android marketplace, because, at this time, the two are not working together. Paul told me that they are currently workin on a patch to fix this problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful App!, July 24, 2011
Melissa Chase (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Out of Milk Pro Unlocker (App)
I had a problem installing this app (not the app's fault, most likely because my phone is known to be buggy) and the developer sent me an instant reply at 7:49am on a Sunday morning and then spent the next two hours helping me overcome my installation issues. I usually use Backpack to keep track of my lists online, but then it doesn't sync with my phone. I love being able to sit at my computer and type up endless lists, and have them with me all the time. It has other features I've yet to delve into, but I really just needed a to do list that didn't auto-correct away my typing and made it easy to track multiple to do lists for different projects.

I've often thought customer service is dead, but not at Capigami.

5.0 out of 5 stars Out of Milk - Good App and Great Support, October 30, 2011
D. Shields (Eagle Point, Ore) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Out of Milk Pro Unlocker (App)
My wife started with the free app and it worked well for her. We wanted to share lists so we both bought the pro version. I set mine up with my new email address and typed in wrong...twice. Then I went online and could not get signed on with the correct address. So, I messed it up good. When I figured out what I probably did, I emailed support and they responded much quicker than many support groups and fixed the problem for me right away. Now everything works great and we can add to lists even if the other person is on the way to the store (it takes us an hour to get to the store). On of the best apps I have installed and we both appreciate the professionalism that has been devoted to it and the support.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent App!, July 11, 2011
KDB (Birmingham, AL, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Out of Milk Pro Unlocker (App)
I downloaded the free version of this application about two months ago & loved it so much, I upgraded to the paid version. I use it to organize my pantry, downstairs supply shelves (excellent for preppers), grocery list & the barcode scanner is great. It makes adding things to any of my lists a breeze. There were a few items that it didn't recognize ( obscure ones I didn't expect it to) but once I entered the product info, it remembered the barcode next time. Great app, worth every penny!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favorite apps!, July 16, 2011
bohemebeauty (Las Vegas, Nv United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Out of Milk Pro Unlocker (App)
I love this app. It's helped me keep track of things, and answered questions for me so I don't have to call my other half from the store 13 times during every trip.

Also want to take a second to praise the customer service end of it. We were having an issue purchasing the app and also had questions on pricing (prior to the current option), so I sent them an email. Got a(n amusing!) response within 5 minutes. They were great, resolved my issue within a few email exchanges, and I've been happy with everything since, so I'd say you'd make a great choice by getting this one.

4.0 out of 5 stars its a license, but get excited..., February 4, 2013
This review is from: Out of Milk Pro Unlocker (App)
OOM is a great handy app. I tried several others, and while this one does not include the kitchen sink...it does include the power to keep your grocery list under control, your pantry and spice rack full at the ready and your bar at the beck and call of your friend, spouse, family, or yourself. Pick up the license on discount day, but was only lucky that day because I was already visiting the site to get the pro unlocker license.

I set up the shopping lists for Grocery, Target, CostCo, and Coffee. Then setup the pantry list for Spices, Wines, Spirits, and Pantry. I don't use the todo lists regularly but am converting all my tasks from another app to this one.

The sync/share feature alone is the greatest asset, but the barcode reader, price history, copy, and categorize features make this a dream app. Having the ability to update my phone's list at home, text my wife to go by store X and check List Y for the shopping list on her phone (or visa versa) is a time saver!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great App & Customer Service, August 2, 2011
This review is from: Out of Milk Pro Unlocker (App)
I just purchased this app today because it was on sale for $2.99. I had been using the free version from the Android Market and LOVED it! I had a small issue because my free version was from the market and my pro version was from Amazon. I emailed Out of Milk customer service. Within 10 minutes, my issue was resolved, I was up and running and I was able to sync between the computer and my phone! I think this is going to be one of the best apps I've ever purchased! I highly recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars help for the small business, January 22, 2013
This review is from: Out of Milk Pro Unlocker (App)
The free version works well for what I use it for, but since I do actually use this on a weekly basic, I decided to support the developer by purchasing the key. While it seems like our government doesn't like the small business, I don't mind supporting them as they are the backbone of any economy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, September 27, 2013
This review is from: Out of Milk Pro Unlocker (App)
Tried a few free shopping apps but just didn't do it for me until I came upon Out of Milk. I love this app. The free version did everything I needed but did upgrade to the Pro version. One of the neatest features is the barcode reader. I also love the ability to make as many lists as I like, for example with Christmas coming I made a Christmas list and am able to keep track of expenses and gifts all at the same time with ease. Also being able to sync from pc to phone plus the sharing with others is such a bonus and you certainly can't go wrong with the price!! Absolutely rates right up with the best!!! 5 S*T*A*R*S*

Out of Milk Pro Unlocker