Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 6, 2011 6:22:23 PM PST
Has anyone else noticed the voices are out of sync on the blu-ray version of The Sound Of Music?????The Sound of Music (Limited Edition Collector's Set) [Blu-ray/DVD Combo]

Posted on Jan 7, 2011 3:53:26 AM PST
Yes I noticed the same thing and am disgusted by it. It is incomprehensible to me that they could issue a blu ray, of all things, with such an anoying problem. Potential buyers beware.

Posted on Jan 8, 2011 4:52:13 PM PST
Hey Mrs. Elliott,
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who noticed this.
I was so looking forward to this film coming out in Blu-Ray and even purchased a player specifically for "The Sound Of Music."
I feel very strongly that this should be addressed, especially after all the hype on the Oprah Winfrey show.
The Company needs to correct this, I can't believe they did not pick up on this they need to make good on all of the purchases.
I am so dissappointed.....................TPB

Posted on Mar 10, 2011 1:05:46 AM PST
Not necessarily the disc. Some high def televisions have sound synchronization problems.

Posted on Mar 10, 2011 6:01:27 AM PST
Is this issue still present?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2011 6:39:33 AM PST
This happens with a lot of BDs. When you have a HTS, the sound and video travel at different speeds. There is a delay on most (if not all) HTS that you can slow down or speed up the audio. It's a pain to figure out, but once you've got it, it is well worth the extra 5 minutes to set it up and perfect it. I noticed this the first time I played any BD through my HTS to my HDTV on Pirates of the Caribbean. It's fixed now though, and it's my favourite single movie on BD (since the LOTR extended version hasn't been released yet).

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2011 10:35:52 AM PST
Thucydides says:
So, are you saying there is actually nothing wrong with the blu-ray itself?

Posted on Mar 10, 2011 1:41:05 PM PST
Right. The blu Ray is fine, the breakdown is elsewhere.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2011 8:02:17 PM PST
Thucydides says:
Thank you.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2011 12:09:16 PM PDT
How do you adjust this problem??
Thanks, Tim

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2011 4:54:11 PM PDT
Dan Schmidt says:
Richard Wagoner is right when he says the BluRay is fine, the breakdown is elsewhere. But Garret is completely wrong when he says that the sound and video travel at different speeds. In the atmosphere, light waves and sound waves do travel at different speeds. But in a home theater system, the electrical impulses that carry sound travel at the same speed as the video. The problem is most likely caused by having two different systems amplifying the sound at the same time: your television and your AV receiver (home theater system). Mute the television or turn its volume all the way down. The sound should be delivered through the AV receiver only. Then it will be in sync with the video.

Posted on Dec 23, 2013 7:32:22 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 23, 2013 7:34:26 PM PST
TV Child says:
Update the Firmware on your old Blue-ray player . . . Blue-ray of The Sound of Music states at the very start that you may have problems.
I went to my Samsung site and downloaded the Firmware, installed it and it plays fine now . . .
I'm sure any brand Blue-ray player has updates for their players . . .
Technology got upgraded and incredibly enough you won't have to go out a purchase a new player with the free upgrade from
the manufacturer online.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 20, 2014 9:45:01 PM PDT
Most HD televisions have a feature where you can adjust the synchronization of sound to lip movement. Such adjustment is possible and needed in situations where people or audio equipment are at varying distances from the image screen. (Sound moves much slower than light - the two are not synchronized.) Some people are more sensitive to these variable than others. This is particularly noticeable in old, large theaters - before surround sound. So check your HDTV settings. Hope this helps.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Jan 6, 2011
Latest post:  Mar 20, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Sound of Music [VHS]
The Sound of Music [VHS] by Julie Andrews (VHS Tape)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (2,949)