Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Outdoor Deals on HTL

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 6, 2007 9:26:40 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 18, 2007 7:34:09 PM PST
Steve says:
Does anyone know whether Disney will ever release this on DVD again? This is the second year in a row that they've put the new Digital 3-D version of "A Nightmare Before Christmas" in movie theaters, with absolutely no sign of another retail DVD release on the horizon. I read somewhere that they plan to release the Digital 3-D version to theaters every year in October from now on, which makes me guess that they'll never make it available on DVD again. If this is truly the case, then all I can is that Disney...YOU GUYS SUCK!!!

Two Huge Thumbs Down to the Disgusting Disney Vault!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2007 11:34:22 PM PST
K. S. Eckert says:
Unfortunately, I think that is exactly what Disney intends to do. However, you can go here and request for a re-release

Maybe if they get enough requests they will release it again, but then again probably not.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2007 5:53:52 PM PST
K. Ponce says:
I have been trying to get my hands on this video. I just want to see it. At this point I don't even care if it is VHS. But I don't have an arm and a leg to spare. Just print more copies, Disney!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2007 6:24:26 PM PST
K. Ponce says:
K.S. Eckert, Thanks for that link. I realize I really do want the DVD so went to the site & requested it. For what good it will do?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2007 8:05:35 AM PST
Sassy man says:
I had no idea that this was not available! I will definately cherish my copy. I've seen VHS copies at yard sales so keep an eye out.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2007 5:09:04 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 2, 2007 5:14:03 PM PST
Steve says:
Guess I'll just have to wait until the new year (when prices for copies will most likely go down), and then bid on a cheap Asian bootleg copy on ebay, since Disney ain't gonna be getting my money. If only Tim Burton had gone with a different studio to distribute his film, we would probably have no problems getting a legitimate copy without paying through the nose. Oh...did I happen to mention that the modern Walt Disney company sucks?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2007 10:33:09 AM PST
Sylo says:
Not to mention the copy they released was not in anamorphic widescreen! I have my copy from the last release and i just hate that its not anamorphic and does this mean they aren't going to release the movie in Hi-defintion as well? Really sucks. It sucks even if you OWN the last release.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2007 10:51:52 PM PST
D. Berreth says:
I hope Disney realizes they are screwing themselves out of a bunch of money for not having this available on DVD. This is ridiculous. It's no problem to find Nightmare Before Christmas t-shirts, socks, scarves, figurines, backpacks and steering wheel covers... but that just makes it even more idiotic that the actual DVD isn't available. BUH!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2007 7:28:17 PM PST
Disney does suck...they change the Haunted House at Disneyland which I saw this past weekend and was totally cool. Making you want to go home and but the DVD......but NOOOO its not available.....DISNEY YOU SUCK! Sell some DVD's there are people people out there that want to give you money.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2008 7:15:23 PM PST
DAVe says:
just wait guys. disney has gone blu-ray exclusive and is starting to release all its back catalogue on the new format. little by little old releases are trickling out and i highly expect this to make it to the new format most likely toward the end of this year.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 10, 2008 2:44:04 AM PST
I'm not looking forward to having to buy a freaking PS3 just to watch the movies I want (and I say PS3 because I see no use in having a DVD/Blu-Ray player with onlt one use) Just in case any of you were wondering heres the line up for this year and just as you've mentioned before Nightmare Before Christmas 3D will be out in October.
Theirs a few good ones on their I'm looking forward to seeing like Hellboy 2 in July That is if I make it past May when my wonderful girlfriend drages me off to see Sex And The City: The Movie.
Makign my way back on to topic it seems that I have not ran accross a single bit of valuable information telling me when it would be re-released or even if it would make it's way to Blu-ray ( I'm almost positive it will)
All I can say is buy the dvd wile you can but buy two copies, One to watch and one to sit back and watch the price blow up on. So one day ol' Tim may just buy us all a new house thanks to the cruel ways of that dreadful freaking VAULT !!!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 14, 2008 10:32:53 PM PST
You know that 2008 is the 15th anniversary so it will be comming this halloween in special 15 birthday addition and i will bet money on that

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 4, 2008 3:25:02 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 4, 2008 3:28:39 PM PDT
Steve says:
Great news everyone!

Disney is releasing a new special edition of Tim Burton's "The Nightmare Before Christmas" on DVD and Blu-Ray on August 26th. According to MovieWeb, an Ultimate Collector's Gift Set will also be released that day which will include an individually numbered hand-painted bust of Jack Skellington in all his gory glory equipped with a Jack's "Sandy Claws" hat and beard, a sound chip that plays memorable lines from the film and a letter of authenticity. The Ultimate Collector's Gift Set will be priced at $179.99 SRP.

New special features include - "What's This?" Jack's Haunted Mansion Holiday Tour - Viewers choose the way they want to tour Disneyland's Haunted Mansion Holiday.
"On Track" explores a tricked-out version of the Haunted Mansion, while "Off Track" reveals what went into creating all the creepy fun. Also, Tim Burton's original poem that inspired the creation of the movie; now, the original verse comes to creepy life as performed by legendary actor Christopher Lee.

"The Nightmare Before Christmas" will street as a two-disc standard set ($32.99), one-disc Blu-ray ($39.99) and the aforementioned limited edition Ultimate Collector's standard DVD set ($179.99).
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Nov 6, 2007
Latest post:  Jun 4, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about