5.0 out of 5 stars Light and Tough
Published on April 7, 2009 by Jeremy Brim

2.0 out of 5 stars Big but not too sturdy
Published on July 26, 2008 by FrenchProf

5.0 out of 5 stars Light and Tough, April 7, 2009
I used this bag trekking through the hills and mountains of Nepal and on a second trip schlepping around Vietnam. It has held up very well. No broken zippers, rips or tears. The end pockets are great for quick stowing of jackets, rain gear or other items that you want quick access to without swimming through the main compartment. The side pocket is great for keeping travel documents. I have been very happy with this purchase.

*Update* It's 2013 the bag has made 4 more trips as checked baggage to Viet Nam (usually filled with 45-50 lbs of clothing), a trip to Mexico and a few domestic flights. The bag is still in great condition. No tears, no rips, no broken zippers. The durability of this bag has been most impressive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected, October 10, 2007
I ordered 4 of these as gifts and had them monogrammed. They are excellent quality, heavy duty, extra pockets and came folded in a bag that can be used for other items. I have had many of these type bags and I was delighted with the quality and price of this one. I would order any of the "Outdoor Products" again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great lightweight Duffle, August 9, 2009
I own the "large" size Mountain Duffle Bag. It's super lightweight, and made from 900 denier poly nylon so seems like a good value for the price. It comes inside of a small travel pouch that doubles as a mess or toiletry tote that would easily hold large shampoo bottles, etc. The duffle has a large "U" shaped top opening for easy packing, two large zippered end panel pockets, front side pocket, rip-grip carry handle, adjustable shoulder strap and two end straps. This duffel comes in small, medium, large and extra large, so be sure to pick the one that will work best for you. My "large" duffle is 30 inches long, 15 inches high and 15 inches deep. Comes with a lifetime warranty against defects.

4.0 out of 5 stars THIS BAG IS HUGE BUT THE zipper is little., November 16, 2007
I travel every two weeks and so far I've always had plenty of room to spare in my bag but my final undoing will be the zipper. So far it works well but it's a plain Jane, light-duty zipper and with how frequently I fly and the nature of the work that I'm involved in I can see the writing on the wall. NOTE TO SELF: Next time get a big bag with an adequately sized zipper.

5.0 out of 5 stars HUGE and appears durable!, January 26, 2010
C. Hjort (Farmington, MN) - See all my reviews
I bought this duffel bag because I have a lot of gear for snowmobiling and was tired of using trash bags that rip all the time. I really wasn't expecting the x-large one to be THIS big though. I can get my snowmobile suit, BIG winter boots (size 15's), two gallons of oil plus all my clothes for a 4 day trip in here. OMG. I may not be able to lift it when I get it packed though. :) The sizes are as follows: X-Large: 16" x 18" x 36"; Large: 15" x 15" x 30"; Medium: 12" x 12" x 24". I could definitely have gotten away with a smaller one but oh well, less trips I have to make into the cabin now. Ha, ha. This size bag comes with a travel pouch for your toiletries or other things that you'd want to keep separate or for storing this bag after your trip completes.

2.0 out of 5 stars Big but not too sturdy, July 26, 2008
I loved this bag - it is huge and had room for everything. Plus it doesn't weigh anything, so it didn't take away any of the precious weight that I was allowed to bring on the airplane! Unfortunately, I noticed when I got back from using it on my first trip, that it had a gash in the bottom of it. I guess I got what I paid for - it wasn't expensive, but didn't hold up past one trip. Bummer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Holy Storage Space, Batman!, August 5, 2011
Bought this item for a week fishing trip to Canada. To give an idea of the size of the large, I was able to put the following in it:

- hiking boots
- 1 pair of swimming trunks
- 8 t-shirts
- 2 long sleeve shirts
- 1 sweatshirt
- 2 sleeping bags (in compressed bags)
- 1 standard size pillow
- 2 paperback books

and I still could have put a few more items in it. The side pockets also worked out well as they do have a liner to them to keep wet items from affecting the main pocket.

5.0 out of 5 stars nice duffle, June 13, 2009
I was worried about the size of this duffle because I couldn't find any dimensions. The xtra large is 16 x 18 x 36

I bought two for my daughter to take to camp, so we'll see how they hold up. So far they look like just what we were looking for.

3.0 out of 5 stars Mediocre, February 4, 2009
Got two bags for a recent 6-day trip to Walt Disney World. Since check-in luggage is now $15 per bag, we decided to get 2 large duffel bags for 2 adults and 2 youth. A plastic clip on the shoulder strap of one bag broke on the trip down; very inconvenient. On the way back the second bag got a nice slash, presumably from some baggage handling equipment, that penetrated the bag and cut deep into a nice down-filled coat.
Next time we'll get luggage with heavier fabric and wheels.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good bag overall, April 27, 2009
Good solid bag, medium weight cloth - not flimsy. Well made zippers. Good size to hold enough for an adult for a long weekend campout.

Outdoor Products Mountain Duffel