‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A hat for a hat hater, August 1, 2013
I don't like to wear hats. Most are too heavy and mess up my hair.
But I live in the Southwest, and after getting a bit of skin cancer on
my nose, needed to start wearing a hat.

After trying numerous hats that I never was comfortable with, I found
the OR Echo cap. Light, breathable and it fits around the head not on
top of it. I have a 7 5/8 skull and it fits comfortably. Nice wide brim, too.

So I bought a few in different colors. Black and pewter are my favorites.
The other colors are more neon-y and not exactly my style. I wish they
had more earth tones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice hat., May 29, 2013
I bought this hat because it will fold into a "pocket -sized" package. I is lightweight and cool . On a windy day the wind seems to blow though the fabric and so it does not seem to blow off your head so easily. it still covers your head, which in my case is important since I already have had one skin cancer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great warm weather running hat, June 11, 2014
I just got this to replace my old canvas baseball hat for running since the weather
is warming up here in Raleigh. Thanks so much to prior reviewers for recommending
it! It is very lightweight so holds in a minimum of extra heat (much less than the
baseball hat) but covers my hair so I don't get 'visor hair' (which in my experience
is much more bouffant-ish than just hat hair and so definitely to be avoided).
Also based on reading other hat reviews apparently I have a very big head (22 1/2
inches around), but this hat fits me great and I think would fit people with even
bigger heads--probably at least 24 inches around. One thing I don't like as much
is that this hat comes down lower on my head--actually between the tops of my ears
and my head--so my ears stick out a little more than usual and I notice it against
my ears, but this is a minor thing. In case this matters to anyone else, I measured
and I think the hat from brim to brim over the top of my head is almost 13"
(in my case, almost the distance between where my ears attach) so for some people
it might bump against your ears more and be kind of annoying.
However, I still love this hat because it's great lightweight/wicking items
like this that make it possible for me to continue running in the weather
we get here--this morning, 78 F and 72% humidity by 9 AM (later
going up to 91 at least and you could feel it coming!!). I think that
if I had been wearing my canvas hat my head would have just melted,
or more likely I would just have decided it was just too hot to keep running
and given up for the Summer. It really does make a difference--thanks
Outdoor Research for this product!

4.0 out of 5 stars The cat in the hat, June 8, 2014
Eric C (East Coast USA) - See all my reviews
The hat is very lightweight and comfortable, however, it does not fit me perfectly from the top of the head to the ears (the hat is too big).

I love the fact that I can fold the hat and fit it my pants pocket. It also retained its integrity. I'm not sure if the mesh actually provides SPF of 15, sun protection will have to be tested.

If you are thinking about buying this hat wait until the price drops to below or around $20. The price tends to drop from time to time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good purchase, May 11, 2014
L. bivenour "enriching lives" (Indianapolis, In United States) - See all my reviews
Great color. Lightweight material and it packs down easily. I look forward to wearing it in the Florida Sun this summer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Terrific folding cap, July 20, 2014
Jon K (Ft Lauderdale) - See all my reviews
After losing my previous hat (Sunday Afternoon folder) I figured I'd explore my options and came across this one. It's a lighter material and folds up smaller but I'm just not a fan of logos. What they have is relatively unobtrusive and it's a far cry from what I refer to as "Branding Billboard". This cap is so light and folds so flat I may just buy a 2nd one to keep in my bugout kit

5.0 out of 5 stars Light weight cap, June 25, 2014
J. Hernandez "hard worker" (Sunnyvale, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Great lite weight with a adjustable strap. Allows you to fold up and put in your pocket when not in use. This hat also has a breathable material so your head does not get to hot. I notice with a decent wind gust the hat hasn't flown off yet at least on my head which possibly do to the adjustable strap so that you can adjust it for your comfort. Ill say this is my favorite cap that I owned for outdoors use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great lightweight cap, June 17, 2014
Adjustable band keeps it secure. The visor has a seam down the middle that is hard to see in the photo - it holds its shape on your head but folds up and fits in a pocket. I washed it after wearing it in the Color Run and it held up fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great hat for the trails, May 9, 2014
Ultra lightweight and on a hot day here in the southwest it allows air to pass through. Great breathing properties.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cap. Comfortable, and fits in your pocket., May 4, 2014
Nice looking and light weight cap that folds up to a very small size. Fits very close to your head.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›