4.0 out of 5 stars Dry head in the Pacific North West
This hat does what it is meant to do. It keeps my head dry when I am out running here in west Washington state. I don't use this on fair weather days as the rain-proof lining doesn't breathe. But if you want to keep the rain of your head, this one hasn't let me down yet. The brim is long enough to even protect my eyeglasses (as long as the rain isn't blowing in sideways).
Published on March 10, 2012 by L. Knight

3.0 out of 5 stars It is not Red
I chose the Diablo/Ember color because it was Amazon Prime and the least expensive of the color choices. I was not sure it was going to work for me but thought I would give it a look.

It is not as pictured. It is not red but is dark orange/lighter orange and the big reflective silver OR logo is a glaring contrast. Ugh.

It is very light weight...
Published 10 months ago by Dan

4.0 out of 5 stars Dry head in the Pacific North West, March 10, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars ExCellent lightweight waterproof hat, February 12, 2012
This review is from: Outdoor Research Revel Cap (Apparel)
Outdoor research rain ball cap. This hat has worked very well for me. I worked several days in the rain and it kept me dry. Stay away from Proquip and Livehard hats they did not work for me at all. I work for 4 to 8 hours in heat, cold and rain. This hat worked very well giving me a good field of vision under my parka jacket hood and pvc jacket hood. The area that you use to tighten the hat on the back ends up dangling down after you tighten it. It will hit your neck and collar. It can be annoying. I don't really care about style due to the fact I work outdoors in the rain as long as it keeps my head dry I am fine. If the tab thing is an issue then be wary about this hat. It is lightweight and in weather 50° to 60° or more you will sweat in it. I will definitely purchase another.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great hat, June 2, 2014
Overall, the quality you would expect from OR is here. The adjustment closure makes sizing easy. I ran water from a tap over it, and it just peeled off. The brim comes pre-shaped, which I like. I bought this hat primarily for fly fishing, and have not had a chance to try it out yet, but see much use in its future. My fly magnifying glasses fit OK under the brim, albeit it is a close fit. Love this hat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gear, May 22, 2014
Amazon Customer "Bryce Felperin" (Mountain View, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This is THE cap to get for outdoor travel, be it car, bike or walking. Easy to wear and adjust and very comfortable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great hat!, April 3, 2014
It's light weight, comfortable, washable and adjustable fit!
It stay put even in a very strong wind! I love these hats for golfing
and dog walking!

3.0 out of 5 stars It is not Red, December 17, 2013

It is very light weight material without a lining. The top puffs up so there is an air space over your head. The adjustment strap unclips, when cinched up it leaves a loop. The headband feels good. The 3" X 53/4" brim is a little narrow but does not contact large spectacle frames (51/2"). The color under the brim is dark grey.

It was comfortable at 70 degrees F.. The shape in real life is as pictured.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Golf Hat, September 8, 2013
This review is from: Outdoor Research Revel Cap (Apparel)
Just purchased and used it today on the Golf course. Was looking for a waterproof hat as I was caught in the rain last weekend.
My only concern was whether it would be too hot for use on sunny days. Well, I wore it today and it was much cooler than my normal cotton canvas ball cap. The quality is amazing and the light weight incredible. The fit is perfect with the adjustable strap. Looks good also. Would highly recommend it. I just purchased another one in the Cairn color. I presently own the black.
If you are looking for golf hat to keep the sun off, fairly cool, great fit, and top quality then get this hat.

4.0 out of 5 stars I already had one, but my wife liked it so much I ordered one for her., July 9, 2013
I already had one, but my wife liked it so much I ordered one for her. Great hat for rain.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm happy with it, April 9, 2012
This review is from: Outdoor Research Revel Cap (Apparel)
I run a lot and need a few hats to switch between. This has is excellent and fits perfectly. I use it even when there isn't a chance of rain. I don't get the complaint about the adjustable band. It was fine.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised, November 7, 2011
Fits well, keeps out the rain, looks pretty good and lightweight. Wish it was vented because it can get a bit hot, especially on a long run, but overall, it does just what it's supposed to do.

Outdoor Research Revel Cap