4.0 out of 5 stars Was looking for the warmest kids' mitts I could find
Published on June 26, 2011 by Chris

1.0 out of 5 stars Way to big
I sized down on these for my five year old and they are still huge I'd say the fit I is for a 7 year old or older
Published 12 months ago by Deedee Nelson

4.0 out of 5 stars Was looking for the warmest kids' mitts I could find, June 26, 2011
My 7-year-old was complaining of cold hands during snowy ski days. While handwarmers have helped too, we found these to be the warmest mitts around (which isn't saying too much - most kids mitts are of substandard quality and warmth compared to adult gloves/mitts). Quality with the OR mitts is very high. Overall very pleased. They could still be a bit warmer, but I'm pretty sure these are the best available, based on what I've seen out there.

4.0 out of 5 stars Caution on the sizing, March 11, 2013
This review is from: Outdoor Research Girl's Adrenaline Mitts (Sports Apparel)
Amazon's size chart says "medium" fits ages 3-4. When these mittens arrived, they were clearly labeled "Medium, Ages 9-11." The medium size gloves are no longer available, but anyone purchasing the large size needs to know that the size chart is wrong.

I will return the pair I purchased, but they're very nice mittens.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best kids mittens we have found, February 11, 2014
Nieuwendyk-25 (The Republic of Texas) - See all my reviews
Looking for some really warm mittens for skiing during close to 0 degree conditions. These fit well and kept the kids warm during the whole trip. Very good about keeping the snow out too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm hands!, January 20, 2014
The kids love these! After feeling how light weight they were I didn't expect them to have warm hands after a full day of skiing......but I was completely wrong! They love them AND they keep their hands warm!!!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Way to big, December 14, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm hands all ski day, June 15, 2013
Warm, easy to get on/off,
Kept 8 yr olds hands warm all day
The long cuffs fit over ski coat sleeve (Spyder coat) and keeps snow out.
Best news.....after 28 ski days this year.....we still have both of them......miracle?.....

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice for the price, January 28, 2013
This review is from: Outdoor Research Girl's Adrenaline Mitts (Sports Apparel)
I have been looking for some reasonably prices gloves for my son that would keep his hands warm and dry and I found these. They are okay for the price, they are not amazing by any stretch of the imagination but they work well. If it's been a wet snowy day than his hands do end up getting very wet. If it's that powdery snow than they seem to last longer for keeping his hands warm. My son love to play outside in the snow for over 2 hours sometime so I guess you would call that "hard" play I don't know. They are perfect for simply keeping his hands warm though from the house to the car or any kind of walk or on the playground at recess.
As far as size...I bought him a large because I knew his hands were going to grow, my son is 6 and kind of tall for his age but he does have large hands and feet for his age so if your child has normal sized hands than go for what you normally would buy. In other words I think they are true to size maybe a bit bigger than normal but not bad.

Outdoor Research Kids' Adrenaline Mitts, Black, Large