5.0 out of 5 stars Good mask
The main reason I bought this mask is because I was tired of moisture building up on the inside of my other mask while running. This mask has a vent on the front that solved that issue.
Published on August 21, 2011 by Dean

3.0 out of 5 stars Still fogs up glasses.
Bought for my boyfriend to wear while walking the dog (neither rain, nor sleet, nor snow will stop us). This mask still causes his glasses to fog up in the cold, just takes a bit longer to happen than with other masks. Not a big improvement over other masks. He says it is warm though.
Published 13 months ago by N. Preikschat

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Good mask, August 21, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Sticks to the nose, doesn't fog up safety glasses, January 11, 2013
I work in a horrible location. Near artic winters, near desert summers. Right now it is arctic style outside and my job sometimes places me in the middle of it for hours.

This product keeps my face and neck comfortable and warm. The nose section stays up, no sliding down. And to exhale leaves my safety glasses clear. Impressive product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Winter running must have, February 10, 2013
I could never run in the winter. If it was too cold/dry my lungs just couldn't handle it. This year I've ran every run outside by bringing this along for anything under 30F. Doesn't make breathing too much harder and is pretty comfortable. I have to adjust it every once in a while if I don't get it snugged up right but its never bothered me and I was able to do it on the run without having to stop.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wind deflector, February 3, 2012
OWL (New Hampshire USA) - See all my reviews
I was hesitant to be seen with a black mask of sorts. However, after only a few moments outside on a wind whipped cold January excursion I was very happy with my decision. The mesh panel allows moisture from your breath to escape so as to not develope on the inner lining. What breath stays inside provides a heat source of sort to keep the nose and cheeks warm. I purchased the medium model and it is a bit tight, causing me to play with adjustments to get it just right. Once in place it works as advertised!

4.0 out of 5 stars Terrific!, March 31, 2013
Puchased this for running when it is cold outside. However, I have used it in many other circumstances. I appreciate how this covers your nose and mouth without causing you to feel as if you're suffocating. It also covers the front of your neck which balaclavas do not. The mesh-like cloth in front of the nose allows for easy breathing, but the cloth cover over the mesh also allows you to keep your nose warm. The only thing I would change is the fact that it doesn't cover your ears, hence the 4 star review. Cold ears are not fun. All in all, great product if you spend time outside in the cold for any length of time and would like to keep the front of your face and neck warm.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outdoor research face mask, February 18, 2013
This product works works great, fits well and does not fog up my goggles! I would recommend it to anyone looking for a face mask.

3.0 out of 5 stars Still fogs up glasses., June 5, 2013
N. Preikschat (Saskatchewan, Canada) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible design compared to previous design, January 8, 2014
I normally don't write reviews, but this particular item deserves to have its own review that will hopefully not fall on deaf ears and has Outdoor Research going back to their original design. I own this and the previous version of this very face mask and OR's change in design, particular the way the nose piece is shaped makes this mask unusable for me. I believe I have a normal sized head in terms of length from the top of the head to the chin, however when I put this mask on by lining up the breathing port to my nose the piece that covers the nose goes so far up my face I have to fold it down to be able to see properly. Looking just at the picture alone of this mask shows that the nose piece is much much higher than the back of the mask, where the mask velcros together to form the fit. Because of this no matter how tight you make the mask, the nose piece remains floppy and easily slides off. The only way I can see someone wearing these comfortable is if their nose was a beak the size of a toucan. The older version of this mask definitely fits much better, unfortunately they no longer make it and I foolishly only bought one at the time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worked great in -10, February 20, 2013
I bought this at the last minute before a Ski trip to Montana in -10 to -30 degree weather. I couldnt have skiied at all without this. Its thin, but works great for what you need. I only wish the sides were a little higher so I could easily tuck them under the corners of my goggles.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works prefect, March 20, 2013
My husband uses this for his job. He works outside and said it works awesome, Excellent cover stays in place. Great value for the price. Excellent product.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Outdoor Research Face Mask, Black, Small
$28.00
In stock. Usually ships within 3 to 4 days.
Rate and Discover Movies