4.0 out of 5 stars Exchanging size -see photo, June 14, 2011
This review is from: Outdoor Research Kids Helios Sun Hat Bug Protection (Apparel)
I bought this for my almost 4year old. He likes it and it has a wide brim. I bought the small which barely fit. There is a size guide which came with the hat and says small is ages 1-3, medium is 3 -6, so I am exchanging it.

The chin strap is removable and even in the 2 seconds he tried it on, my son removed it a few times.

I like that it will be cool in the heat as opposed to the heavy cotton bucket hats for kids.

5.0 out of 5 stars cute and lightweight, November 18, 2011
SD Mom (san diego, CA) - See all my reviews
bought this after losing an awesome REI hat we had for about a year. this one looked the closest in pics. very difficult to find a lightweight, sun hat in November. even in san diego, CA. this is great. good size brim. nice that it is adjustable. i got the large for my large-headed 3 yo (he's the size of a 4-5 year old). it has a little room to grow and i can tighten it to keep it on. he still needs the chin strap at this age but doesn't like it tightened to the chin. it's pretty neutral. i got the sandstone color which fortunately wasn't as light in color as it looked on-line. very satisfied. hoping we don't lose it, contemplating getting a back up in case.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this on my toddler!, September 4, 2013
This hat is GREAT! My 18-month old son has a large head - he is in the 99th percentile for head size and I always have a hard time finding hats that fit him. The medium fits his head perfectly when the elastic is tightened a bit around his head. With plenty of room to expand, I am sure he will be wearing this for a long time to come!
The stone color is just that - a light beige which we found kept cool in the hot sun. The material is very light, breathes well, and dries quickly. The brim holds up well so it never sags into his eyes and is durable enough to stand up to crumpling and stuffing into beach bags. Overall I would highly recommend this hat!

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect fit!, June 4, 2012
Bought this hat for my 2-year-old son. He loves it, and so do I. Got the 3-to-6 years size because his head is large and because I hate spending money on something he can only wear a short time. In addition to SPF, this hat also features an adjustsble yet comfortable hidden band around the head and another cord under the chin, so it should fit him for at least a few years and not blow off when we visit the beach. Great for sun protection and absolutely adorable!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these hats!!, September 21, 2013
I have hats on my kids every time we go outside and are in the sun! I have searched high and low for great hats for them. I love that these hats float for when we are at the lake, that they have the chin strap so my little one can't pull it off and it doesn't fly off in the wind, and that they are light weight so my kids don't sweat in them even in the hot weather! Another huge bonus is that they are adjustable in size, I LOVE this feature! Because kids grow so fast this hat will fit for a few years making it very cost effective. I don't mind spending more for a product if it is awesome and I can keep using it. We have put a lot of miles on these hats over the summer, horseback riding, the lake boating, the zoo, etc., and they are easy to keep clean, they keep their shape and are easy to store. I can't say enough how much I love these hats! I have a new baby on the way and this little one will be getting one too!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hat that keep it cool, September 11, 2012
Excellent hat for my littl girl. She lives the color and uses it everyday now. The material used is thin yet strong, kinda makes it possible for air to move through, keeping the head cooler than other hats we tried.

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST HAVE, December 16, 2011
We had to replace one of the Twin's hats when one was lost in the raspberry bushes... so we looked and looked and found these and bought 2. The adjustability is wonderful. The orange color is great to spot their little heads running around... especially while looking after 2 of them!!! Love the break away strap for the chin cord. All around a really great hat that will last a long time for our twins. And will be easy to spot if it gets tangled up in a raspberry bush again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality!, July 2, 2013
Purchased these hats at the beginning of last summer for my twin boys. We've used them at the pool and in the ocean for over a year now and they haven't shown the slightest signs of wear. Great buy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great hat for an active toddler, November 15, 2013
This hat is great for my toddler. She's 3 but has been wearing this hat the past year. It can be adjuster to fit most head sizes and the wide brim really does a great job of keeping the sun out of her face.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great hat!, December 3, 2012
Lightweight and stays on his head. I wish it came in more colors/patterns but the khaki is so neutral it works.

Outdoor Research Kids Helios Sun Hat Bug Protection