Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Outdoor Research Men's Gripper Gloves
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on February 2, 2012
Ordered these gloves for Afghanistan (High Desert Mountains)and they fit a bit snug but break in to perfect size. They are not water proof or even water resistant. They are good for short exposure to harsh temps and wind and allow you to use hand tools, operate vehicles, zip up your jacket, etc. If you're looking for extreme cold or rain/snow/water, look for something else. If you're looking for a good fit and less extreme conditions they're great. I recommend these gloves for short duration, less extreme conditions where you need a little manual dexterity.
T.Wall
22 comments|52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 25, 2010
Over the years I have had several pairs of Gripper gloves and they never disappoint. Gore-Tex Windstopper and a micro-fleece body ensure my hands stay warm and dry while the pre-curved extremely durable synthetic palm create a great fit and lasting durability. I primarily use mine for ski-touring and the palm of these gloves really do stand up to ski edges. If you are looking for a warm, durable, and great fitting fall/winter work glove these are the best!
on February 1, 2011
These are not heavy duty (thick) gloves but for the occasional shoveling/sledding/driving they are perfect. Surprisingly warm for the thickness and very comfortable.
on January 24, 2013
I did a lot of online looking and comparing, reading reviews, checking prices, etc. before opting for the OR Grippers. The one thing I should have done was find a way to try on a pair. I got the gloves and tried them out for 3 days in January. The fit was good, and the gloves blocked the wind like I wanted. However, I noticed something that one review mentioned but I didn't pay much attention to: the inside seams. The seams are very prominent in these gloves. In particular, the seam running along the palm from between the thumb and index finger to the wrist was quite annoying, and uncomfortable while driving.

The other pain point was that the material making up the gloves is rather stiff, not very flexible. I noticed that after driving for 20 minutes or so that my hands were starting to fatigue, trying to keep the gloves curled around the steering wheel. While it does a great job as wind armor, that feature comes at a cost.

If you're using the gloves for hiking, short drives, quick shoveling and the like, these may be your ticket. Otherwise you may want to check other options. I ended up returning them.
on December 23, 2011
These are warm enough for moderate weather. And when not used at all, they stay in perfect condition. Easy use (worn between 5 and 10 times) still results in splits in the seams. Might want to consider searching for gloves that are a little more robust.

* As an addendum - I have heard back from Outdoor Research, and as a part of their Infinite Guarantee, I will receive a replacement pair of gloves! In MAY of 2012 (it is December 2011 at this time)! A five month turn-around time isn't quite what I'd hoped for.
on December 9, 2014
I bought these for a winter trip with temps in the 30s. They kept my hands warm at all times. I used them with silk glove liners, but the liners didn't seem to be doing much. I credit the gloves. After the trip, I wore them all winter, then the following year, I took them on another winter trip. They have given me no problems.

I feel the fabric ridges inside that other reviewers have mentioned (see my pic of inside-out gloves), but I wasn't using these gloves while grasping things (handlebars, rocks), so they didn't annoy me. Highly recommended.
review image
on December 28, 2014
I bought these after using my friend's pair. In my friend's gloves, my hands were still able to move enough to be able to grasp things and do work outdoors, all while staying warm. This pair I purchased does not keep my hands warm at all. The gloves are useless because my hands get so cold the "gripper" quality becomes pointless as my hands are too numb to move anyway. Plus the seam ripped and the material at the finger tips were worn away after a month of use - and I rarely used them in that time period.

Comparing the two pairs (mine and my friend's) it seems as though Outdoor Research changed the design and probably lowered the standard (in terms of materials) between the time I purchased these gloves and when my friend's were purchased (mid-to-late 2000s)
on December 1, 2014
These are great gloves. I got the deep blue pair for my brother for Christmas last year. He used them so often while commuting to work on his bike with toasty warm hands. When he lost one I decided I'd replace the set. These green ones look like a deep green color in the image on Amazon, but they're not. They're actually a light, washed out sort of green which isn't terrible, but it's definitely not what I'm looking for this time. I returned them for that reason alone and will be getting the black pair.
on March 6, 2014
I have many, many gloves for different purposes, but my go-to are these. Amazingly for how light these are they they will keep you very warm in nearly any climate. I can easy bare cycling(the grips on the thumb, index, and middle fingers make these perfect for shifting) with these gloves in 20 degree temps for nearly a half hour...honestly, your hands will be sweating in no time if you wear them above 45 degrees. I can use these biking, outdoor work, running, hiking, camping, or just out on the town(yes, they actually do look classy enough for this) . One of my favorite features is the click-in connector for the gloves...none of that pressing hard to try to snap one glove to the other. The pull loops are also something that I cannot live without. You cannot go wrong with these gloves and definitely should add them to your collection or purchase them if you have no other. Personally, I love and use them so much that I have a second pair if anything would ever happen to my first.
on January 15, 2016
Having used these for the past year I've really grown to appreciate these gloves for use while trail running, camping/hiking/backpacking, and general every day use. They've even been pressed into use as heavy-duty glove liners in roomy mitts when the temperatures are sub-zero. These have no reinforced palms, and probably will not hold up to abrasion from handling ropes, holding ski-poles for extended periods, or any other sort of hard use (but that's not what they're made to do). These will keep your hands nice and toasty on cold mornings in the camp while you're boiling water to make coffee, or out on those mid-winter trail runs. Generously-sized loops at the wrist accommodate a carabiner very nicely for clipping to your backpack or climbing harness so you can have them close at hand.

See 1 answered question