Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it DJ Shadow Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on July 4, 2011
I bought these for light mountaineering use and riding my bike to school. I wanted leather palms and preferably primaloft and goretex. But thats more than I wanted to spend at the moment. So these fit the bill. I dont think they are worth the retail, but I got them for about 42 bucks. They are nice to wear but I am not big on the enduraloft. It is only a ok insulator and has a heavy feel to it; primaloft is much better. Fit seems pretty regular, I have a average male hand and the medium fits fine with finger length.

I summited Mt. Hood recently with them and it was probably on the 20's at the top after wind chill. But not that windy.My fingers were getting a little cold and that was right when we summited at 05.30 am (sunrise). My old gloves (lost them, doh!) wouldn't have had that problem for another -10°. I could have guessed that though. A downside to a heavily leathered glove is leather is a good heat conductor, which means bad insulator and I knew this.

My primary objective with this glove was have some sort of waterproofing with leather because I wasn't going to be in much sub 20° temps. On the trip I had the gloves off and a girl even put 60lb of crampon teeth on one and it didn't puncture (that I saw after examination). Luckily it was palm-up.

Conclusion: Worth about 50 bucks, but not retail. Fit nice, insulate ok, tough leather. Longevity, not sure. I think they are 4 star worthy at what I paid.
on February 27, 2014
I paid just about $40 for these and it was definitely worth the investment. I bike to work frequently in the winter and they've been perfect so. The only time I've had cold hands was about six hours into an event where I was outside all day. I was running around all day, so I'm not sure why my hands got cold, but it did happen for a short period. Nevertheless, I've had no issues so far. I'm not sure I'd spend $60+ for them, but at around $40-$50, they're worth the money.
on January 22, 2014
First, as some of the reviews have noted, the Earth/Cafe color of this glove is lighter in color than shown in the Amazon listing. Works fine for me, but be aware that the leather is a light tan and the rest of the glove is also lighter than it appears here.

But, it's a really nice winter glove. Good down to single-digit temperatures, well-constructed, and waterproof. If I was looking for a glove to wear in arctic temperatures, I might look for something a tad warmer, but these work well for me in Chicago's wintry climate. Some noteworthy features: The gauntlets are easy to pull on, due to the pull loop on the inside of each gauntlet and it's easy to cinch the gauntlet closed with a quick tug. The gauntlets are sized right for use either inside or outside your jacket sleeves, and they have a handy-dandy wiping surface on the back of each thumb. For those who like them, there are idiot cords on each glove, but they are also easily removable if that's not your thing. One more thing: they're machine washable (cold water, do not machine dry).

I've seen comparable gloves from competitors selling for well over $100. These are top quality gloves and, for the quality and features they offer, represent a very good value. Get 'em.
on December 18, 2015
I like the gloves. I purchased these with the hope of keeping my fingers warm on the ski slopes. I took these up to about 13,000 feet in colorado in January at a ski resort. The temperature was 5 degrees farenheight. My fingers were cold. Sigh. However, these gloves are warmer than my last pair. To make my fingers warmer, I think I would need an inner glove plus a one size up to accomodate the inner glove, or go with a mitten.

The leather palm is great, as is the length and draw strap. I was expecting a little less movement, but the fingers aren't stiff. I love the straps that hold the glove to your wrist when you take the glove off.
on January 17, 2016
These fit well and didn't feel tight, which is important for good circulation in the cold. I got these for walking, though it's good to know they are meant for skiing. They look like they will wear well with use. In a 30 minute brisk walk at 0C (32F), my little finger didn't get uncomfortably cold, which would happen with the fleece gloves I had been using. This is when not moving my fingers much during the walk, which I think would have promoted circulation and had a warming effect. The built-in cord lanyard is well-made, but not needed for just walking around - so I may cut them off.
on January 11, 2016
These are the first extreme weather gloves I've worn in winter. I purchased these and Outdoor Research's Revolution gloves, the latter a model replacement for the Southback. While very similar in most respects, I wound up keeping the Southback for two reasons: reputedly better water resistance and decidedly more streamlined styling. You won't go wrong with either, though.
on December 21, 2014
These gloves fit and articulate amazingly well. They look great, are well made and very durable. If you're doing active things (shoveling, x-country skiing, etc) then the gloves will keep you warm. If you're out when it's real cold and you're not moving aerobically much (ie. riding a lift when skiing) these gloves will struggle to keep your fingers warm.
on February 10, 2016
Lots of nice features, comfortable, and warm.
I haven't gotten a chance to check them out in extreme weather, but wore them all day (`30 degrees) tubing and the next day skiing, and they were great.
on April 30, 2016
Definitely the best gloves I've owned . I experience symptoms of Raynaud's syndrome. I wore them with a thinner running type glove as liner and this is the most comfortable my hands have been in the snow in years.
on February 16, 2015
These are great gloves. I needed a pair of outdoor gloves for winter hiking and snowshoeing. these are perfect. The leather soles resist moisture and they are just long enough to cover the end of your coat sleeves so you don't have to deal with snow at the wrist. Easy to pull on with the top side strap. Nice little adder is the felt nose wiper on the thumb!