5.0 out of 5 stars Not cheap, bu worth every penny!
There is simply nothing else on the market quite like this hat: total protection for your head, ears and neck! The extra coverage makes a huge difference on truly hot and sunny days, believe me.

Published on March 26, 2009 by Eduarrdo Nietzsche

1.0 out of 5 stars sun hat
r u kidding me mens not at all its freekin PINK. not like advertised sum kinda red wut a dissapointment pinks not my color wasted $$$ gave it away
Published 6 months ago by diver guy

5.0 out of 5 stars Not cheap, bu worth every penny!, March 26, 2009
This review is from: Outdoor Research Men's Sun Runner Cap (Apparel)

Very clever and functional design: the hang-cloth is not only detachable if needed, but also securely held in place by a draw cord as well as velcro, so it works on all but the windiest of days. I sort of wish the bill of the cap were a bit bigger, but that's a minor issue. Most importantly, the material is wonderfully light, breathable and moisture wicking.

Sure you might get some funny looks and "Larwence of Arabia" digs but also lots of curiousity and compliments. Most importantly this hat will prove to be a godsend on those really blistering days.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great hat, could be better, November 11, 2009
This review is from: Outdoor Research Men's Sun Runner Cap (Apparel)
This is a nice looking hat which I bought for my work outdoors, so keep as much of the cancerous ultra violet off me as possible.

It's a very well made product but I here are some things I would wish for:

1- long/larger brim, the longer the better, at least 2 inches in my opinion.
2- long flap that covers the back of the neck, perhaps 3 inches.
3- Should have reshaped flaps or additional flaps to cover sides of face, right where the brim meets the side flaps.

Overall, the construction is great. I like the side mesh panels. I also like the quality of the Supplex nylon, too bad my hat is not nice and white anymore...but those are the breaks about working outside. You're bound to get dirty eventually.

4.0 out of 5 stars good hat for outdoor exercise, December 10, 2010
I live in Florida and wear this hat for hot weather exercise. I walk instead of taking a cart when i golf, and in the summer it can be really hot here. This hat does a good job of wicking the water away from my head while allowing good airflow. I liked it so much i bought a second one. It also comes with a cloth that you can attach to the cap but i have never used that part. Good hat overall.

5.0 out of 5 stars just what I wanted, June 12, 2013
I used it on a pilgrimage walk in Spain - it perfectly met my needs - get over the unusual appearance and enjoy the experience
thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful for Lupus sufferers or other sun sensitive people!!!, May 3, 2013
I bought this hat because I suffer from Lupus which causes severe skin sensitivity. This hat was to be used for walks with my children and for gardening or any other outdoor activity. It is super light-weight which is a major plus since I live in the south. The material is soft yet very durable. It even has mesh vents on the top side area of the hat. It doesn't say so in the description, but it IS ADJUSTABLE. I am purchasing more for each member of my household. Nice to pair with the UV protection arm coverings/gloves.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cap!, April 17, 2013
Love this cap, though I have yet to use it with the neck cover since it hasn't been hot and sunny enough since I bought it. Cap is adjustable, scrunches down to fit in your pocket if you decide to take it off while running, very lightweight. Very pretty color and provides great sun protection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fishing hat!, April 6, 2013
It's advertised as a runners cap but I think it's an even better fishing hat. Keeps the sun off your face, neck, and the sides of your face. It also has the string to tighten up when the winds blowing on the water. Perfect!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice!!!, October 22, 2012
This cap worked very well. It is really light weight and adjustable for your head. That was the one thing I was worried about when I bought it. We have two now, one for me and one for my husband. I believe some reviews said the brim was to small. It was fine. Would recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good hat for outdoors., April 17, 2010
The cap is very light, works great in sun and rain. The sun skirt is detachable, also you can wear it in different ways (like shown in the picture or the string behind you neck similar to the Arab style). Size is adjustable, but be careful with measuring you head. I used this hat for hiking (most of the time without the sun skirt) and now use for outdoors work and activities. Design is simple but the hat looks really nice (mine is beige/black color). Recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Functional and Rugged, March 7, 2010
Kailua Steve (Kailua, HI USA) - See all my reviews
I've worn these hats for several years. They're light but protect from sun and rain.

Outdoor Research Sun Runner Cap, L, White/Slate