Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Outdoor Research Men's Sensor Gloves (Black, X-Large)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on November 30, 2011
I recently got a Wahoo iPhone case to use my iPhone as a bike computer.Since I need to use the unit as I ride, and in cold weather I need some touchscreen sensitive gloves. I first tried other gloves that were less expensive and even a pair that were specificly bicycling gloves but was looking for a glove from a known glove making/selling company so they would fit properly as well as keep my hands warm and work on the touchscreen. These work on all levels and have a straightforward leather fingers and palm that is treated to work on the touchscreen rather than a piece of silver fabric sewn on a regular pair of gloves. I got a few pair of those and they are all liner weight so if I want to keep my hands warm I still have to use another pair of gloves then take them off to use the phone,
what is the point?

These OR Sensors are a real pair of gloves, made by a reputable glove making company, that fit properly, keep my hands warm biking in 29 degree weather and work on the touchscreen. The only thing missing for use cycling
is a terry patch for nose wiping and some palm padding. So far the best I've found.
on December 7, 2011
First and foremost, these gloves do what gloves must do; they keep your hands warm. I commute via train and walk a mile to and from the station daily and simply stated, these gloves keep my hands warm. If my wife saw me say (type) that she'd say I'm fibbing because my hands are "always" cold.
These gloves are also extremely comfortable, they have a profile similar to liners and yet they are as warm as heavier gloves.
As for the touch screen technology, it works perfectly!!! And it's on all 5 fingers!!!
I have arthritic fingers and often can't use my thumb or index fingers and unlike other "sensor" gloves, that's NOT a problem with these wonderful gloves.

I first received an Outdoor Research hat as a gift 2 years ago and have been buying their winter gear since.
on January 3, 2012
My husband wanted gloves for Christmas to use with his phone. I read many of the other reviews with the various brands. My husband really likes these gloves. They are heavy enough to keep his hands warm during his morning workout. They are not thin liners like I've read in other reviews, but they also are not ski gloves. They are not like the other gloves I have looked at. Other gloves have a silver dot or silver threads in the tips. These gloves do not, the special material is somehow in the leather. (Please don't ask if its real leather because I don't really know). You can't see the special thread. My husband says they work great with his Droid X and he can even use the back side of the finger tip too (where your nail is).

I hope this helps.
on February 19, 2012
The "TouchTec" leather on these gloves works great on touch screens. Much better than relying on conductive threads sewn into the fingertips, like other models. And these are decently warm. Most competing products are only suitable for use as glove liners. Minor complaints:

1) The raised logo is incredibly, obnoxiously ugly. It looks like a child attacked your gloves with *shiny* 'puff paint'. The photograph cannot convey this.

2) The leather at the finger tips is fairly thick. This makes them less tactile when using the touchscreen. But they are clearly made to be sturdy. So this is a reasonable compromise.

Four stars for reasonable warmth and good touchscreen sensitivity. Be sure you can handle the ugly logo.

UPDATE: I just want to reemphasize the "fat fingers" nature of these gloves. You get a sense of the squared-off finger tips when looking at the photos. They work, but precision is limited, particularly when trying to type on any kind of on-screen keyboard.
on February 18, 2013
I imagine that all glove purchases with have fit issues. My hands seem 'normal' but no glove fits perfectly.
This glove after wearing it for weeks will work. some fingers are too long, and some are a bit snug.
They are warm, and they work on my android.
they replaced a pair of gloves I've had for 20 or more years, that fit as well as any glove has.
because some fingers are a bit long, it's a little awkward using the touch screen, but it is far superior to taking off the gloves on a very cold day.

I live in the Sierra foothills, and i park my car outside. It had been in teh 20's most morning, and teh steering wheel gets cold
These gloves were actually warmer than my older pair, and how i can operate the phone Samsung Galaxy Note II 4G Android Phone, Titanium Gray (Verizon Wireless)[which is my main gps also]
on February 21, 2014
I wanted warm gloves with the ability to control my phone and this is exactly what I wanted. They aren't the warmest gloves, but given that I kept my hands in my pockets usually, these are a great alternative. The leather palm is supple and dexterous. The touch sensitivity with the phone is reactive and works well. Overall, I'm very happy. The only complaint is a cosmetic one - I'm not a fan of the large logo on the front of the glove. Definitely takes away from the beauty of the product.
on February 1, 2014
I'm always using my phone so I needed a pair of gloves that would allow me to use my phone during the winter without having to take my gloves off. I like that the TouchTec is on all over the palm of the glove instead of just on the fingers; I also like that the TouchTec works pretty well.

That's where the good things I have to say about these gloves ends. I'm from Minnesota, where a typical winter day is usually in the single digits to the teens, but with wind chill, it can feel like it's in the negatives. These gloves are not very warm at all. It's not a big deal when I wear them to go outside to warm up my car and scrape off the snow/ice, but if I am going to be outside for an extended period of time, my hands are freezing within 15 minutes of being outdoors. Also, the fitting of the gloves are incredibly odd. I initially bought a size medium and when I tried it on, I noticed that while the middle and ring fingers fit fine, the thumb, index and pinky fingers were really long. I had a lot of space between the tip of my fingers and where the end of the glove fingers meet, thus making it difficult sometimes to use my phone with them on, therefore defeating their purpose. I thought maybe it was just too large for me so I ordered a small. The small ended up not only being too tight for my hands, but I also encountered the same problems I had had with the medium, where the thumb, index, and pinky fingers were too long. I returned the small and decided to keep the medium.

Even though these gloves do not keep my hands very warm in the cold MN winters and they fit really oddly, I have not yet found a pair of gloves that have the same kind of technology as these where it is all over the glove instead of just being on the fingers.
on December 2, 2013
These gloves are awesome for using my smartphone, I can even type on an IPhone pretty accurately using then HOWEVER they are NOT that warm, If it's really cold outside, I have these on over my wool gloves
on January 25, 2014
I really wanted to like these. The fit was great and they did work on my touchscreen. The first day I wore them it was 7 degrees F outside, so when my fingers froze a block from home, I didn't blame the gloves; they say there are rated only to 25 degrees F. This morning, however, I went out and since it was a "balmy" 28 degrees F, I thought I would give them another shot. Within two blocks, I could feel the chill setting in. There is no way these provide warmth and it is even more disappointing considering they tout their award from Popular Science magazine. If you need gloves when it is in the 30's and 40's, these might be great. But for cold weather? Keep moving.
on December 9, 2013
I bought these because I need them for work, I will be out in the cold and will need to pull out my phone once in a while.

I like them because they actually work with my HTC and they feel durable and warm.

I don't like them because they don't fit a little large, for gloves that offer the ability to control my phone with they should be better made, with a more tapered look and feel. They are bulky where they don't need to be. The fingertip design just doesn't work, you would really need some caveman hands to make these feel snug at the tips.

I took a star off because they are functional but don't really feel like they are completely designed around a phone user.

See 1 answered question