4.0 out of 5 stars Great Light Cap
Published on May 27, 2012 by Ksea

2.0 out of 5 stars too small for my size 7.5 head
One size does not fit all. I wear a size 7.5 hat (large, but not extra large). This hat is a little too small for me. The width is OK, but the height is short. The rim comes down to half an inch above my ears, while most hats come down to my ears on the sides. I wish they made this hat in small and large sizes, like most other hats in this price range.
Published 8 months ago by l2

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Light Cap, May 27, 2012
This review is from: Outdoor Research Swift Sun Hat,One Size (Apparel)
The cap was as described in the product description. The color 'diablo/dark grey" was a little different than I expected. But not game breaker. The cap has an airy mesh base. There is a nylon over layer from the brim to the back of the cap. This layer protects the top of you head as well as forehead from the sun. The mesh and the separate over layer provides a very well ventilated cap. The brim is firm and of adequate length to provide shade from the sun. It fits well and is adjustable.

Just what I was looking for. Protection from the sun. Yet a very light and well ventilated cap. It can also be washed. All in all a great "outdoors" hat for the summer months.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight Cap, July 14, 2013
The Pros: This is a well-ventilated, lightweight, sweat-absorbing cap that keeps the sun off your head and out of your eyes. The adjustment strap tucks away nicely out-of-sight; The adjustment is reasonably easy to accomplish, and the plastic adjusting clip holds the strap firmly in place.

The Cons: One very minor one. This hat is advertized to be a one size fits; but not necessarily a one-size-fits-all. This cap seems to favor a larger, hairier head. Since I have a small, folically-challanged head, I wear a size 7 hat, so I have to adjust the sizing strap on this cap so far back that the back of the cap puckers up significantly. At my age I don't need anything else puckering up behind me.

All that said, I'd still recommend this cap to anyone looking for a cap that's so comfortable that you'll probably forget your wearing it.

5.0 out of 5 stars OR Swift hat rocks, September 4, 2011
Some of the baseball type hats for the outdoor adventures are the wrong type. Cotton absorbs water and ball caps don't just cut the expectations. This Swift hat is my favorite Go-to hat, I bought 2 of them! Every detail is well thought out. I have a medium sized head and when the hat is on, the bottom edges do not touch my ears and interfere with the sunglass arms already in contact with my ear. I love the colours also! The hat ventilates nicely during the summer and it's TAN panel does not attract and hold the heat in place. As I'm famous for saying about products I love; Don't buy ONE; Buy TWO of them! LOL

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice hat but ..., December 24, 2012
This review is from: Outdoor Research Swift Sun Hat,One Size (Apparel)
it needs to be built a bit deeper .
I sits on my HEAD kind of shallow and could
easily be BLOWN AWAY - user experience
will likely differ depending on the users HEAD SIZE

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE these hats!, February 29, 2012
Im bald/shaven and I live in Tallahasse, Florida. So needless to say I need to cover my head. The hat provides nice cover and the mesh sides give me plenty of ventilation to keep my head cool and allow the breeze to get in. The hats fit well, hold up over time and are priced well. Shipping was fast.

2.0 out of 5 stars too small for my size 7.5 head, December 24, 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars permantely bent brim; otherwise a nice hat, May 8, 2013
I like everything about this hat, except looking in the mirror. Mine was purchased Jan 2013, and the brim is misshapen. Its very stiff and impossible, as far as I have been able to figure out, to reshape so its symetrical, rather than lopsided. The hat is comfotable and great for running; the headband absorbs my sweat and the material is great at wicking and evaporating the sweat away. So, functionally, I rate this 5 stars--I really do like it. But the misshapen brim is ridiculous and I should have returned it when it first arrived. I'd buy another one from a store where I can check it out first, but I'm not too anxious to try mail order again for this type of item.

2.0 out of 5 stars Bad factory QC, May 31, 2013
The Bill of the cap was sewn on crooked. Its looks lop-sided and one side is sewn further on the side of the caps bill. It is slightly uncomfortable when worn and looks ridiculous when looked at from the front. Also the side hem is bunched up, looks like the Sewing machinist/Seamstress left to much slack on the fabric.

I might buy another in hopes I get a better put together cap or make sure I make a thorough inspection of the cap before I remove the tags and wear it. I would also advise anyone else who purchases this cap to do so. Good luck to everyone else.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable and form fitting, November 22, 2009
DV (Philadelphia, PA) - See all my reviews
I like the low profile of this hat. It's very light weight and breathes well.

2.0 out of 5 stars Bill is crooked., July 30, 2013
I've had this problem on both of the hats I've gotten and they are both this hat. The bill itself is set crooked on it and it's unfixable since it is in the sewing.

Rate and Discover Movies