Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

Size: Medium|Color: Black|Change

on March 11, 2012
These pants blew away my expectations. I fully believed the advertised description of these pants, but rarely have I found clothing products that meet these standards. We live in northern Michigan, in the "snow belt". That means 6 months of the year we are burried under several feet of snow. We share our lives with amazing dogs, Alaskan Malamutes ~ which means winter time outdoor sports... We have been searching for a winter running / hiking pant for when we run (Cani-X) with our Malamutes. We need pants that will breathe, plus be wind and waterproof and somewhat warm. I got lucky and found these pants (thanks to an Amazon suggestion). They fit me perfectly! I bought a medium. I am 5'9 and 130lbs. The length of the pants are perfect, the design and cut are perfect. It is as if they were made for me. They are ridiculously comfortable and have found myself wearing them all day rather than just on our runs or hikes. The kevlar material on the inside of each ankle is dynamite and will save the inside of the legs from wear and tear. The little gator clip inside is quite ingenious. You can cinch up the ankles to fit tight around your boots or hikers and clip the gator clip onto your boot, so your pant leg will not ride up! They do not pull or restrict movement in any way. They are light and are 1000000% the most comfortable pair of winter, outdoor training pants I have ever owned. At 39 years of age and having been a runner since grade school... I have a lot to compare them to. They are extremely high quality and seem like they will last a really long time. I have worn them already in temperatures (to exercise) from -12*F up to 55*F and was comfortable both days. When it was super cold, I wore a pair of Columbia Omni Heat lightweight pants under them. I luckily got mine on sale but honestly, If I had to I would absolutely pay full price. As a matter of fact after wearing mine for just a day, I ordered another pair along with the matching jacket as well as a set for my husband! Wonderful quaity, great looking, very innovative design. Excellent. 5+ stars!
review image review image
on September 7, 2012
I loooove these pants. They are warm, smart and fit so well. The only downside is that I am short at 5'3" (weight 54kg) and the length is too long for me. I have to fold it up and it doesn't look so great that way. Otherwise, it is true to size. I am a size S, and wear it comfortably on its own on warm to cool days and with a pair of long johns or even thin fleece/Outdoor research's hybrid radiant pants underneath. It has an adjustable waist and stretch material so the fit has not been an issue for me. In really cold and windy days, ths has been the pants that I wear, even to work!! I wore these a lot in my Arctic trip especially for walks, and also in between trips when I am catching the next flight. So they have also worked as my traveling pants because they are light, are also a windbreaker when I needed to walk on the cold windy Tarmac at airports, and are slightly water resistant so any slight rain just slides right off. Highly recommend it.
on November 16, 2015
Excellent product, lovely color , very comfortable down to 40 F (might need a base layer below freezing temps) but fell short one star because it is a bit too long. These pants are obviously designed for rock climbing because the length would permit full flexion. However, as I use them for hiking, they fall somewhat baggily below the knee and are a touch wide on the quads.
I weigh 125lbs and am just shy of 5' 5".
Reviewing again Dec 18; asked the community about how waterproof these pants are and received 3 answers that were helpful but not definitive so I called OR and they said that they are water repellent but could be rendered water proof if treated with Nikwax products.
Will update if this has not solved the issue after I take them on a Patagonia trek in January 2016
on June 29, 2013
I recently bought a pair of these based on the rave reviews, and within minutes of trying these pants on, both zippers on the pockets broke off the first time I tried to unzip the pockets. I usually think of OR as high quality products, but quite disappointed with these pants. Returning today and may reorder (with hopes this was just a fluke as no one else has mentioned this problem).
on October 27, 2013
I'm 5'5", and 110 lbs., and a small (gray) fits really great with boots/shoes on. I got these pants for a hiking in Peru on the old Inca trail up to Machu Picchu. They kept me very warm and comfortable day and night, have ample zippered pockets, fabric allows for protection from the elements yet remains flexible to move in throughout a long day of hiking. There is plenty of room if you want to add a base layer. I love the fact that you can adjust the waist, the fabric is breathable and water repellant, and yet stays fairly cool. It was hot one day, and I rolled the legs up to keep cool. In the high mountains, where temps can change quickly and drastically, these pants were fantastic. Upon arriving home, I ran them through the washer, hung them to dry, and they look fresh and ready for another trip. I'm now an OR believer, and seek out their products knowing I will get quality, comfort and a great fit. Highly recommend.
on January 14, 2016
I wanted to keep these so bad. They're super comfortable and really easy to move around in. They fit me really well around the hips, but they're just too long. I'm 5'2" and 130 lbs. The inseam of my boot leg jeans is 28". For these pants, I got a small, and the inseam is 31". In the sizing chart, it lists a 30" inseam and they adjust the fabric sizing for the intended purpose. So I guess it's supposed to be a little long, but this is too long. Outdoor Research, **please** make petite sizes for these pants. These are awesome pants, and I'm sad to send them back :(
review image
on January 6, 2016
I've had these for two seasons now. I'm 5'7" 120 lbs., and ordered size 2. Fit, quality, waterproofness, coldproofness, and overall comfort while skiing are as others described, pretty darn good. I can tolerate down to 20ºF in these and a base layer, unless it's super windy. It's not as slim-fitting as I thought it would be, but slimmer than most other ski pants. One complaint I have is that the color is not a solid black, but a dark gray, maybe 85% or 90% darkness. I kept them anyway, because I got them on a sale price, and they are good enough that I did consider getting another pair, but it does bug me that they don't match my coat. Oh, and the pockets are big enough for an iPhone 5 in an armored case, and you can barely feel it being in there while skiing... which is actually not good, because I'd rather move the phone to a coat pocket before hitting the slopes! I've also carried Zardoz NotWax or a clinometer without any discomfort.
on March 19, 2014
The fit of these pants is great but the legs run long and they are difficult to hem because of the drawcord that runs through the hem and because of the boot hook. I am 5'5" and the extra fabric bunching above my ski boots and below the knees destroys what would otherwise be a nice slim line.
on January 21, 2016
I am 5'6" 130 lbs, 27.5 inch waist, and got a 2. I know that sounds weird, but I like tight pants. For a more relaxed fit, I could have sized up.
I have worn these skiing, snowboarding, and mountaineering. They are not waterproof, as they are a soft-shell pant, but they keep me pretty dry and very warm in the snow. Super breathable. I love the hooks at the bottom hem of the leg that allows you to hook the pants to your boots so that snow does not get in. I found no need for gaiters when mountaineering in these pants because of this. However, in a wet, slushy snow, gaiters might come in handy.
I always get compliments when wearing these pants at the ski resort!
on January 5, 2015
These fit and feel great. Lots of stretch. My partner and I bought these in medium both at 5' 4" and 125lbs and 145lbs. Velcro waist cinch made up for the difference in our weight. The hook on the front of the pants kept the bottom snug to our boots for snowshoeing. We may never need gators again and the inside ankle patch will certainly help with wear. We wear underarmour type underwear under these and we were warm at 16 degrees F.