This is actually the second towel like this I bought. It got here quick, it took about a week and I'm in Afghanistan. This towel is awesome especially for people traveling. It dries quickly as well as folds up quick small for the size of the towel. It also absorbs a lot of water for how thin it is. I would highly recommend this towel. I love it!
Published on June 16, 2012 by Kelly Ann

3.0 out of 5 stars Careful what you order
Published 20 months ago by Kevin O

5.0 out of 5 stars Outgo Microfiber Towel (Terra Cotta, X-Large/35-Inch x 62-Inch), June 16, 2012

3.0 out of 5 stars Careful what you order, December 17, 2012
This review is from: Outgo Microfiber Towel (Sports)
So, there's a lot of discussion on the size of these towels. I ordered a large for camping and gym use and it just isn't enough to dry me off fully. I'm a short guy, and I get mostly dry, but by the time I'm done I'm searching for tiny little dry spots, and my shower ends in a cold, damp, spongy affair. I can't fathom the uses for any size smaller than XL. It generally dries well and certainly dries itself quickly, but I can't help but feel like I wasted my money.

5.0 out of 5 stars So Big!! And Gets the Job Done, September 6, 2012
This review is from: Outgo Microfiber Towel (Sports)
I went to Italy and took this towel with me. I bought my boyfriend the more expensive brand (Sea to Summit) but wanted a bigger one for myself. For just a little bit more I got one twice as big so it actually serves as a real towel that covers all of me. I also love the feeling of being wrapped up in this thing. Keep in mind that this is not a real towel and will certainly not feel as cozy as one! However, the material is smooth on the skin and feels exactly like the Sea to Summit one. As a bonus this comes with a nice mesh bag to put it in. It has a pocket for the towel as well as another mesh pocket that I used for wet shower items that didn't have time to dry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent water absorbency, dries fast, July 9, 2012
Kim (Willoughby, OH USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Outgo Microfiber Towel (Sports)
This towel is super absorbent and it dries quickly. My son and I each had one for our 12-day backpacking trek through New Mexico (of course, a very dry state) and found that the 20 x 40 size was perfect to dry off after we showered. My son is almost 6-1 and I am 5-9, so this proves you don't need to purchase a larger size, especially if you need to watch your gear weight.

We enjoyed the nice sewn-on fabric hanger with a snap. It allowed us to hang it up inside our tents at base camp. There is also a spot to write your name on it. Being that we were at a Scout ranch, we wanted to make sure we kept our gear clearly labeled. Both of us also enjoyed the netted, zippered carrying pouch that came with it. If we had to hit the trail before the towel was dry, it could be placed in the pouch and attached to the outside of the backpack to allow it to dry.

The material is very soft and deceivingly durable. Mine has yet to pill or unravel around the edges.

4.0 out of 5 stars great price, October 31, 2013
This review is from: Outgo Microfiber Towel (Sports)
I keep 3 of these on my sailboat as they dry faster than a cotton towel. Nothing will ever feel as nice as a sumptuous cotton towel, so don't be expecting that; however, as a nice, large towel that dries you off after a long-deserved shower at the marina, nothing can beat this towel.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dries really fast, April 15, 2013
This review is from: Outgo Microfiber Towel (Sports)
I have to get used to the way the towel absorbs water and gets heavy. The smell and feeling on the skin are also strange, but the towel dries body and hair so fast that it's easy to forget everything else.

5.0 out of 5 stars I use this every day!, February 9, 2013
This review is from: Outgo Microfiber Towel (Sports)
Thank you for getting this to me so quickly, I've had it for a couple months now, and it is my only towel being deployed, I wouldn't be able to just go buy one, so this is a hot commodity for me.

thank you again. its a great BIG towel

5.0 out of 5 stars Not A Typical Towel, July 23, 2014
C. Posley (Vernonia, OR USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Outgo Microfiber Towel (Sports)
I bought this to go to the pool with me. I need an absorbent towel that doesn't weigh much - this is perfect. It should be noted that this isn't like your at-home towels, it's more like a chamois. It doesn't rub against my skin easily, but patting my skin dry works incredibly well with it. It's big enough for me (6'1" tall) but small and light enough that it doesn't get bulky. It also dries VERY quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars This isn't the plush, terry cloth towel you're used to, but it's fantastic!, July 10, 2014
This review is from: Outgo Microfiber Towel (Sports)
Once you get used to patting yourself dry instead of buffing like you're used to with cotton bath towels, it's a fantastic towel. It folds up to nothing and drys very, very fast.

I use it aboard my small, pocket cruiser of a sailboat and I love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect size! 20 x 40 inch, July 4, 2014
S. Moon (SLC, UT USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Outgo Microfiber Towel (Sports)
I 'downgraded' from the 30 x 60 inch I believe and it was way to big. This one is much much better, the 20 x 40 inch. The funny thing is this is the smallest that Outgo makes and I might be able to go smaller. The only reason I probably couldn't go smaller is it wouldn't be long enough for me to take a end in each hand and try my back.

A lot of people say these don't work because I think they're using them wrong. Here is how I use it: I use the top 1/4 of the towel to dry off all the large drips from my body and then with the dry 3/4 I go over my body again. The first 1/4 soaks up 70% of the moisture that a normal towel does, so if you used it like a normal towel then you would be disappointed since the towel would be all wet. When you use the remaining 3/4 of the towel for a second go then you actually end up more dry than with a normal towel. The space savings over a normal towel are amazing! Also, the towel seems to dry more quickly than a normal towel. I take this right out of the washing machine wet, hang it up, and in a few hours it is ready to use again.

That is my method of use anyway, when I used it like a normal towel I didn't get as dry. I think this is why people like the huge microfiber towels but when looking at the size you don't save as much space with a huge one of these over a normal towel. I've been using the large one I got since January and this one since April so in all about 7 months. I remember using a normal towel once since I got my first larger one. I started out just wanting to get used to them for a trip I'm taking but ended up just liking them more than other towels so this is the only towel I'll ever use. Or type of towel, I'm sure this one will eventually wear out.

Rate and Discover Movies