Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS
Output ampere Hallo,
I have a poer adapter that outputs 5.0 VDC - 1.0 A.
Does anybody know if I can plug it with my Kindle 3 ?
Thanks
[UPDATED] asked by risingson on September 24, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
I forgot to order the power adapter with the Kindle, so now it would cost 20$; I was thinking of using the battery charger of my Nokia smartphone, which outputs 5.0 V but 1200 mA, Would anybody know if there is a possible danger ?
Case' Luciano answered on February 26, 2011
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
We use an "Apple power adapter for iPod" with our Kindle.. and it is the same as your! So it works fine! :D
Simone Soldà answered on November 17, 2010
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I already have a universal adapter but need to know if the Kindle itself is dual voltage so I don't fry it without a voltage converter.
Linda C. Schwoob answered on March 30, 2011

A
I have tried with my Nokia adapter, which has a 1200 mA output (and obviously the correct 5.0 V), and it seems to work fine, no burning smell.
Case' Luciano answered on March 31, 2011

A
Is your charger a dual voltage charger?
Otherwise it's only 110V and eventually there will be damage if connected to a 220V European system.
Thank you.
Linda C. Schwoob answered on April 1, 2011

A
Sorry I didn't mention it, I live in Europe, and the Nokia charger is effectively a universal one (100-240V, 50-60Hz), although I only use it on 220V.
Case' Luciano answered on April 4, 2011
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product