Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Outset QB50 Stainless-Steel Skewers with Rosewood Handles, Set of 4
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on December 14, 2007
Very nice skewers that arrived very soon after placing the order.

I used the skewers and they performed well-meat and vegetables would not spin when turning the skewers over for reverse side browning due to the flat shape of skewer. A round skewer would have had problems.
on August 15, 2007
I ordered these for tail gating and have been more than pleased.

I've used them 4 times - three times at home and at one pre-season game and can honestly say they are great. They are sturdy, certainly long enough to provide more than enough food for one, clean well, and look positively classy. I've used them for meat, vegies, and grilled fruit. They do well no matter what you put on them.

If you cook a lot of kabobs, I highly recommend these.
on July 16, 2007
We love these skewers, just the right length for roasting marshmellows. The handle never gets hot and they are easy clean up. We sit by the fire pit a lot with the grandchildren, taking in the stars and just enjoying each other. This was the perfect purchase...worth every penny I must say!
on April 12, 2011
I actually bought two sets of these and fell in love with them after having kabobs at an Indian restaurant a few months ago. I couldn't find them at any store, only the ones without a wooden handle, which I really don't get because putting kabobs on a grill gets the metal skewer all hot and very difficult to turn. The skewers are long and flat as they should be for large kabobs so expect that. These are actually perfect to make sheek kabobs with ground meat for grilling (which is the main reason why I bought them). With the flat skewers, the meat hold better and does not twirl around which is notorious with cylindrical skewers. You get a better sear and bbq on either side of the kabob with these. I threw away all my my cylindrical skewers after using these since I really have no need for them anymore.
on September 19, 2013
to find work so I bought these to practice for my new gig in the circus. I have a tough gag reflex so thought I would use something smaller than a professional sword to start with. These Skewers are awesome! They appear to be well made, extra long and just the right size. These will really tickle your tummy!

They also, as I found out later, work well for making kabobs! Who would have thought that! These will hold about a pound of chicken each and you will love turning these over to roast the other side.
These skewers work well, and that wooden handle looks really nice sticking out of your mouth!
Check it, they are awesome!!
on October 20, 2014
The gauge of wire used was a little smaller than expected so a little more flimsy than my other skewers. The handles are also smaller than hoped- but plenty adequate. None of my issues are due to a problem with the product, just an internet shopping disadvantage. Paid for expedited shipping and received in two days.
on July 17, 2013
These skewers are good. Not as good as brazilian 1-inch wide skewers, but work as intended regardless.

- Good quality stainless steel, good thickness and fair width
- Wooden handles prevent skin burns
- Excellent choice for light grilling, camping being just one example
- Do not take up much space when transporting
- Will absolutely get the job done, as long as your food is cubed/portioned right

So, if I were to, say, prep 2 lbs of cubed pork tenderloin, a few medium sized tomatoes, and some medium sized mushrooms - this will work great. I would not recommend skewering ground meat on these, not enough width to prevent meat from falling or spinning. Anything with firmer texture will work fine.
on December 22, 2013
Have a custom grill and needed long skewers. Had some previously but they were flimsy and when you load them up they flop all around making them difficult to use. Old ones were also all metal and got very hot to handle. These are sturdy (rotate 90 degrees to get extra strength) and long enough to fit my custom grill. Wood handles keep them cool enough to handle without oven mitts.
on July 24, 2012
After charring bamboo skewers and fingers for decades, I decided to purchase these durable, handled skewers after reading a number of reviews. I'm pleased with the flat blades, as others have said, because it's true that the meat and vegetable pieces don't spin while flipping sides. The end of the blade is shaped into enough of a point that it will pierce meat but is not sharp like a knife (you still have to be careful).

Though some have complained about the too narrow blade (approx. 1/4"), it seems about right for a skewer and is pretty sturdy. The blades are generously long and I'm sure I could bend them if I tried, but I'm not finding this to be a problem. Kids helping moms could probably use some pre-teaching on skewering techniques so they learn how to do this without bending the blade, hurting themselves, or hurting each other (sword fights). The handles are smooth and sturdy and I expected to wash and dry these by hand as wood handles begin to splinter after multiple times in the dishwasher.

The only unexpected feature is that these blades often split and break vegetables(sweet peppers and mushrooms). And this is a big downside for me. Onions do ok and large chunks of cut portobello mushroom seem to work better than the small whole mushrooms. The thin round bamboo skewers rarely if ever caused this problem.

I don't miss bamboo...and overall, I actually like these skewers. I bought two more sets. But I'll have to work on my piercing technique to reduce the splitting problem...and thus 4 stars.
on September 11, 2012
HERE IS MY HONEST OPONION:

SIZE;
The blades are about 1/4" wide. You can easily place once inch meat cubes on them..in fact, the meat will cook quickly and throughly if you use that size.
The blades are LONG and you might be tempted to fill up the whole blade to make a large kabob. Best to just fill the end 3/4 or even end half of the blade with meat and/or veggies. This way you have enough blade extend completely over the flames without burning the handles or your hands.

Quality:
NICE wood handles...not sure if they are long term durable...but who cares...buy a wooden dowel and quickly and easily replace them IF they do fall off or break!

VALUE: