5.0 out of 5 stars Rosewood Stainless Skewers
Very nice skewers that arrived very soon after placing the order.

I used the skewers and they performed well-meat and vegetables would not spin when turning the skewers over for reverse side browning due to the flat shape of skewer. A round skewer would have had problems.
Published on December 14, 2007 by Horace Alyn Bixby

2.0 out of 5 stars Very soft metal, bad packaging
These skewers are made of a very soft steel. It feels like aluminium.

The outside cardboard box was intact, but the actual product package inside was open. I bet someone gave me a returned purchase.
Published on August 6, 2012 by roberto

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Rosewood Stainless Skewers, December 14, 2007
Horace Alyn Bixby "Bixmeister" (El Cajon, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Outset QB50 Stainless-Steel Skewers with Rosewood Handles, Set of 4 (Lawn & Patio)
Very nice skewers that arrived very soon after placing the order.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Tail Gating, August 15, 2007
I ordered these for tail gating and have been more than pleased.

I've used them 4 times - three times at home and at one pre-season game and can honestly say they are great. They are sturdy, certainly long enough to provide more than enough food for one, clean well, and look positively classy. I've used them for meat, vegies, and grilled fruit. They do well no matter what you put on them.

If you cook a lot of kabobs, I highly recommend these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Smore skewers, July 16, 2007
Gma Cat "Cat" (Hollister, CA USA) - See all my reviews
We love these skewers, just the right length for roasting marshmellows. The handle never gets hot and they are easy clean up. We sit by the fire pit a lot with the grandchildren, taking in the stars and just enjoying each other. This was the perfect purchase...worth every penny I must say!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great addition to your grilling tools, quality construction, June 14, 2010
A skewer is a skewer right? Well like anything quality matters. These are well-designed skewers and that quality does make a difference. First they hold a lot, and carry a lot of weight easily without sagging. Second they have a point that makes food easy to get on and food slips off easily as well. Third for me at least they are the perfect length. Fourth, the handles get a bit hot, but not too hot. For the grill I use they lie just outside the grilling surface and have never gotten uncomfortable to handle.

Lastly they are easy to clean and the look nice. Great way to get your summer skewering going. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Skewers, June 25, 2010
I purchased these skewers to make spiedies (a Binghamton, NY version of kebabs). I was having a family BBQ for about 15-20 and needed enough skewers to grill with (I bought 2 sets of 4). These skewers are strong, sturdy and can hold a LOT of weight without bending. I packed on the meat from handle to end and was still able to easily flip and turn the meat without it spinning (thanks to the flat blade) or the blade bending. I've also tossed these in the dishwasher once and no issues. The wood handles will turn black a little from the grill but I don't think this is a huge deal. You'll also need grill mits to turn the skewers as the handles can get somewhat hot but mostly it's cause your hands are close to the grill as you turn. I'd definitely recommend these to others!

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Skewers, July 2, 2008
These skewers are built nicely and are a very good length. I purchased them to prevent burning my hands when I turn kabobs like I do with the metal ones. These did the trick. The flat blades prevent the food from turning circles. They are easy to clean, also.

5.0 out of 5 stars Always wanted these, April 12, 2011
I actually bought two sets of these and fell in love with them after having kabobs at an Indian restaurant a few months ago. I couldn't find them at any store, only the ones without a wooden handle, which I really don't get because putting kabobs on a grill gets the metal skewer all hot and very difficult to turn. The skewers are long and flat as they should be for large kabobs so expect that. These are actually perfect to make sheek kabobs with ground meat for grilling (which is the main reason why I bought them). With the flat skewers, the meat hold better and does not twirl around which is notorious with cylindrical skewers. You get a better sear and bbq on either side of the kabob with these. I threw away all my my cylindrical skewers after using these since I really have no need for them anymore.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rosewood and Stainless Skewers, December 12, 2007
I was very pleased with the quality of these skewers, especially since I am giving them as a gift. Now I just need to order some for myself!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Right, April 9, 2010
These kabob skewers worked exactly like I wanted them to. They are quite long, so you can get plenty of food on each one. They are shaped with two flat sides so that the food stays in place, making it easy to turn them over on the grill in order to cook food on both sides.

4.0 out of 5 stars Splits and breaks vegies but overall nice quality, July 24, 2012
After charring bamboo skewers and fingers for decades, I decided to purchase these durable, handled skewers after reading a number of reviews. I'm pleased with the flat blades, as others have said, because it's true that the meat and vegetable pieces don't spin while flipping sides. The end of the blade is shaped into enough of a point that it will pierce meat but is not sharp like a knife (you still have to be careful).

Though some have complained about the too narrow blade (approx. 1/4"), it seems about right for a skewer and is pretty sturdy. The blades are generously long and I'm sure I could bend them if I tried, but I'm not finding this to be a problem. Kids helping moms could probably use some pre-teaching on skewering techniques so they learn how to do this without bending the blade, hurting themselves, or hurting each other (sword fights). The handles are smooth and sturdy and I expected to wash and dry these by hand as wood handles begin to splinter after multiple times in the dishwasher.

The only unexpected feature is that these blades often split and break vegetables(sweet peppers and mushrooms). And this is a big downside for me. Onions do ok and large chunks of cut portobello mushroom seem to work better than the small whole mushrooms. The thin round bamboo skewers rarely if ever caused this problem.

I don't miss bamboo...and overall, I actually like these skewers. I bought two more sets. But I'll have to work on my piercing technique to reduce the splitting problem...and thus 4 stars.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›