4.0 out of 5 stars HCG Maintenance Recipes
I found this book to be very helpful during the maintenance phase of the HCG protocol diet. The recipes I have tried are very good. I like that I don't have to figure out what ingredients I can and cannot have this makes it very simple. I would recommend this book. Betty Smotherman
Published on December 17, 2010 by B. Smotherman

1.0 out of 5 stars Dairy laden, uses sugar-free processed products
Published 10 months ago by DKW

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars HCG Maintenance Recipes, December 17, 2010

4.0 out of 5 stars HCG Maintenance Recipes, October 27, 2010
I love the new book. Going to maintenance can be very scary and the recipe book takes all the guess work out of what to eat. I highly recommend this book to all people going to maintenance.

5.0 out of 5 stars HCG Maintenance Recipes, August 18, 2011
The recipes in the book are wonderful and easy to follow. This book helps make the maintenance period much easier than I anticipated. Thanks for offering this book on your site!

5.0 out of 5 stars This book saved my life, November 15, 2012
This review is from: Over 201 Worry-Free HCG Maintenance Recipes: Plus Hints & Tips From Experts (Paperback)
I've lost 88 pounds via the HCG diet over the last several years. This cook book has helped me keep it off. The recipes gave me alternatives to foods that I like. In fact, I own 3 copies of this book and even travel with it. There is a section on sugar substitutes that allowed me to find a natural substitute that I love (lankanto)--will review that separately--

Follow the recipes and the diet correctly and you will lose and keep the weight off.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dairy laden, uses sugar-free processed products, September 22, 2013
DKW (Island Lake, IL United States) - See all my reviews
Honestly I don't really understand the rave reviews. This book uses dairy in a vast majority of the recipes (I would easily gain the weight back in less than a month using dairy so often) and uses packaged goods, particularly those that are artificially sweetened. It's fine to have a treat once in a while & I'm not knocking that... However, I do not use chemical, artificial sweeteners of any kind (natural sweetners such as stevia, lo han or monk fruit are a different story).

Unfortunately for me this is not a good fit or resource. There was nothing really innovative here and the recipes rely heavily on ingredients I either can't or won't use on a regular basis. To each his own & if it works for you, I'm glad. For me, it's simply not a good fit, so my copy's going back to Amazon.

If you have a reasonable level of cooking skill & got creative enough to survive the low-calorie diet phase, you have the skills it takes to maintain (at least as far as meal composition; the nuts and bolts of HOW MUCH to eat can be mysterious and vague moving into the maintenance phase depending on the practitioner you're working with and if you're pushed out of the nest as soon as the initial HCG protocol is complete).

As an alternative for those searching for maintenance information, Prinster's newly revised guide has some useful information I wish I had the first time around - that would be a better option for folks looking for maintenance guidance (although I find it lean on content for the price; if I'd had it the first time around I might feel differently due to the convenience of having most of the information in one place; just be aware that the last half of that book is the Pounds & Inches manuscript).

Personally I've found that HCG 2.0 - Don't Starve, Eat Smart and Lose: A Modern Adaptation of the Traditional HCG Diet makes the most sense, more so than following the original plan unless you just really need fruit/sweet in your life to stay sane during the low-calorie phase). If you haven't started yet or are thinking about another round, I'd encourage you to read HCG 2.0 before digging in and weigh your options; you can always switch back to the original plan if it doesn't suit you.

Just a tip for those stuck on "MCT Oil" - extra virgin, organic coconut oil does the trick without excessively dinging your wallet. (For the price/quality, I like Trader Joe's.) If you're going the homeopathic route, remember to avoid mint (including tea & toothpaste).

Best wishes to everyone on their journey.

5.0 out of 5 stars Variety is the spice of life!, October 29, 2011
I have almost completed 1 round of HCG protocol, beginning p4 today. This book contains many recipes that keep you from getting bored during p3 of the protocol. Many of the recipes can easily be served to the whole family, or cut in half to make it more user friendly. It has fantastic ideas for desserts, which is something you really might miss after p2! I would consider this a MUST have if you're truly wanting to be successful on the HCG protocol!

5.0 out of 5 stars HCG Maintenance, July 31, 2011
I love this book, I will use this book for the rest of my life in preparing healthy, tasty menu items. I have learned so much about products that are out there that I never knew existed ...and it has made going on this diet so much more doable.I love all of Linda Prinsters' books!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Phase3, March 8, 2013
This book is awesome I highly recommend plus the recipes are easy to prepare, even my kids love the food I prepared from this b

5.0 out of 5 stars more than expected, December 5, 2012
C. Tracy (Virginia Beach, VA) - See all my reviews
Good service, the cook book was more than I expected! Not only beautiful pictures, good recipes, but also some helpful article type writing about health products to get to know!

I recommend it to anyone wanting to eat healthier, whether on HCG maintaining, or not.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome find., October 1, 2011
This is an awesome cookbook.
Especially for anyone who has done the HCG protocol, or for anyone on a low carb diet.
I would recommend it as a very useful tool. All the recipes are very simple and time savers. I would be lost without this book.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›