5.0 out of 5 stars As good as Cusick's other books
Here is the description on the back of the book:

Published on February 28, 2005 by Lyn

3.0 out of 5 stars Dull Read
Kathleen works in a creepy moldy library in a bad part of town.The only company she has is Robin a mute and Miss Finch her
boss.Nobody likes cranky old Miss Finch including kathleen.Miss
Finch has to attend a siminar and leaves Kathleen and Robin in charge of the library.On a rainy long night of working someone
returns 5 grisly books.Then the usual scary...
Published on August 5, 2006 by doll

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as Cusick's other books, February 28, 2005
Lyn (Virginia) - See all my reviews
Here is the description on the back of the book:

"It was after hours. Kathleen was preparing to close the library when somebody returned five grisly books about death. One was slashed. All were overdue. Then Kathleen found the bookmark with the deadly warning. Now people close to her are falling victim to tragic accidents. Someone is out for blood. Is it Robin, silent, shy, withdrawn? Is it Alexander, the dark, handsome stranger who haunts the library stacks and says he wants to help? Kathleen can count on only one thing: the killer WILL strike again--her death is overdue...."

Kathleen is working at the creepy old library in town during spring break while the librarian, Miss Finch, attends a seminar. Working with Kathleen is her good friend Robin, a shy, mute young man who always listens to what Kathleen has to say. Then one night someone drops off several long overdue books on murders and torture, with pictures cut out of them, and Kathleen begins to feel uneasy when she finds a bookmark in one of them that reads, "Horrors Await You. Beware." Soon Kathleen's friends begin to get fatally injured, and at every accident site, she finds a book that has to do with the way her friends are being hurt. Who is doing this? Is it Alexander, a college guy who has started hanging around the library? Is it Bran, Kathleen's hot lifelong best friend? Or is it Robin, silent and withdrawn?

The ending was really great, and I never guessed who the killer was. I'm so glad I read this; I almost didn't, because I thought the title was pretty stupid, but I was wrong! Definitely worth anyone's money!

4.0 out of 5 stars Well, let me explain..., May 16, 1998
This review is from: Overdue (Mass Market Paperback)
I don't know if I liked it or I didn't. The story had to do with those five grisly books on murder for all of five minutes. The rest was about accidents with themes of books and the books being found by Kathleen before somehting would happen somtimes. That was a great idea, and I'm sure it was a little tough, but there was something about the whole story that I didn't like. The ending was monotonous and boring, kind of like a typical R.L. Stine book for a while. The real killer was unpredeictable, and the killer's motive was pretty cool. Yet, what i can't get over is why Kathleen's best friend Bran's mother was always calling her "cara." Is that Italian, becuase she was really Italian, the mother that is.
I absolutely hated the epilogue. Bran and Kathleen become more than friends. That is so dumb. It's like going witht the thought that all boy-girl friendships end up or really are boyfriend-girlfriend relationships. That offends me becuase I have a friend who everyone thinks that way of.
All in all, you have to read it and see how you like it. I kinda liked it, but I don't know.

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVED THIS BOOK, December 10, 2001
This review is from: Overdue (Mass Market Paperback)
this was the best book, scary but cute and romantic, tipicle teenagers. This is a really good book and i would recomend reading it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Overdue, October 17, 2006
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Overdue (Mass Market Paperback)
At the beginning Kathleen the main character is working in the library when she hears a sound that surprises her. It was the book drop-off. She goes to get the books and sees the titles there all about death and torture. In one of the books all of the pictures are cut out. She also finds a book mark that reads "Horrors Awaite You, Beware". After that all the people close to her start falling fatal to tragic accidents. Who or what is doing this? Kathleen can count on only one thing, the killer will strike again. Her death is overdue...

I liked this book because it was very scary and kept me thinking. All the characters were very believable.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book would be rated MORE than 5 stars..., March 26, 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Overdue (Turtleback)
This book was great! I started reading the first two chapters and it wasn't as good as the other books I've been reading. But once you're on the third or fourth chapter, you can't put it down. There are some sad, surprising, heart-beating parts in it. That's what makes you want to read it again and again. You would NEVER guess who the murderer is...he/she wasn't even in the story most of the time! What was really sad was when one of Kathleen's closest friends was murdered. The ending was nice too. For all the people who likes thrillers, horrors, etc, you just HAVE to read this!

3.0 out of 5 stars Dull Read, August 5, 2006
doll (Brooklyn, New York) - See all my reviews
boss.Nobody likes cranky old Miss Finch including kathleen.Miss
returns 5 grisly books.Then the usual scary things happen.Scary phone calls,Shadows in the night,the feeling of being followed,
people dying.The only reason I gave this book a 3 was because of the ending and who the killer turned out to be.

5.0 out of 5 stars da' bomb, July 9, 1998
By A Customer
This review is from: Overdue (Turtleback)
This book was really good. It started off while Kathleen was working at the library and sombody dropped off some murder books. So Kathleen thought it was a threat to her. Suddenly wierd stuff starts to happen to her friends and her. She tries telling her friends but nobody will listen. So Kathleen suspects anybody who acts suspicious.
This book intrigued me. I was kind of mad at myself for not finding out the killer. And the ending was very sweet.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fast pace and thrilling, October 30, 2013
This review is from: Overdue (Mass Market Paperback)
Not bad at all. The characters are well written and can easily be visualized. Story is interesting and kind of fun to read for a quick thrill.

5.0 out of 5 stars Library from Hell, July 19, 2012
This review is from: Overdue (Mass Market Paperback)
Kathleen works at the public library & she hates it.

Say what??! (How anyone could hate working in a library is beyond me.)

She begins to receive threats via returned books accompanied by a rather unusual bookmark. Not to mention the accidents that follow Kathleen around like a shadow.

The killer believes Kathleen is way Overdue for her murder. Time to check out?

I really enjoyed this book. I didn't care too much for Kathleen's character but her friends were just the type of friends anyone would want. I know I would.

This book was enjoyable & kept me guessing till the very end. The killer was a complete <SURPRISE!!>

5.0 out of 5 stars Suspenseful and Thrilling Read, June 16, 2011
This review is from: Overdue (Mass Market Paperback)
I really enjoyed reading this book, which surprised me, because, like another reader commented, I thought the cover and title looked generic and stupid, and I thought I was in a for a semi-decent and predictable teenage horror novel. This review obviously goes to show that you can't judge a good book by its cover.

From the beginning to the end, RT Cusick grabbed my attention. I even stayed up waay past midnight to finish reading the book so that I could find out who the murderer was. Throughout the book, Cusick paints a wonderful picture of fright, fear, and suspense. Every chapter is filled with spine-tingling moments, and they left me in suspense and quickly turning the pages, wondering whodunnit and what was going to happen next. The story is well laid out with unpredictable events as well as with a surprise ending that I could not foresee. As soon as I thought I had identified the murderer, the author took me in another direction, having me look at another character as being the main suspect. The characters are believeable, and Cusick writes in a way that leaves none of her characters spared in being a prime suspect. I will admit, though, that there are a couple of times when Cusick had the character do something stupid to obtain that fear effect in her readers. After all the scares the main character, Kathleen, was going through, there were several times in the book where she would insist on walking home alone from the library in the dark, which I just didn't understand. However, I suppose the author placed in these moments as good times to place chills in the reader, leaving readers to guess what, if anything, Kathleen was going to stumble in or upon next. Such moments in the book kind of made me laugh and think back to those ridiculous scenes found in many horror movies where when a group of people are stranded at night on a deserted road in the forest, and rather than sleep in the car and wait until daytime to backtrack to the nearest gas station, they instead decide to find the scariest, most isolated place in the forest to take safe haven in. Fortunately, Cusick does not riddle her book with these ridiculous scenarios.

This is the first book that I have ever read by RT Cusick, and this has influenced me to read more of her novels. After reading some of the other reviews regarding this novel, I hear that this is not her best book, so I'm only hoping to enjoy more from her. If you enjoy reading teenage suspense thrillers, this is the book for you.

Overdue
Overdue by Richie Tankersley Cusick (Mass Market Paperback - April 1, 1995)
Used & New from: $0.01