Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-28 of 28 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 3:43:46 PM PDT
mbendele says:
But that's the point. All of us are unreliable narrators, and relay our histories through our own eyes, emotions, and the settings and people around us. A huge theme in the story, too, is doubt. She is doubting herself, her ability to parent, her son, her husband, and her memory.

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 3:46:09 PM PDT
mbendele says:
I'm now a huge fan of this author and director. The book and film are art.

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 5:42:31 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 15, 2012 5:44:33 PM PDT
Eva even says in one missive to Franklin that it's "her story" and she will tell it her way. It IS a case of a narrator providing a subjective account. And yeah, doubt runs rampant throughout.
Everybody's perspective is valid and we can all learn from different points of view. While I personally hate vampires and don't care for the predictable romance genre, that's okay. For others who enjoy those genres, great as everybody is entitled to their taste. As for this book, I liked it even if I might not have been overly fond of some of the characters. Everybody's opinion counts and not just the ones we support. I like learning from others.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  12
Total posts:  28
Initial post:  Jul 30, 2007
Latest post:  Jun 15, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
We Need to Talk About Kevin: A Novel
We Need to Talk About Kevin: A Novel by Lionel Shriver (Paperback - May 1, 2004)
4.1 out of 5 stars   (924)