Customer Discussions > Fuse - Playstation 3 forum

Overstrike; will it be Insomniacs answer to Borderlands !?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 12, 2011 5:41:14 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 12, 2011 5:44:33 AM PDT
moogle11 says:
This game looks great, and is a refreshing change of pace for Insomniac. It seems less cartoony than Ratchet & Clank, and not as grim as Resistance, more like a 'Mission Impossible' or maybe even 'A-Team' style team action/super spy RPG, with a dash of 'In like Flint' thrown in for good measure ! I hope its in a similar vein to Borderlands gameplay wise, if so, I think it will rock !

Posted on Jul 12, 2011 8:52:06 PM PDT
Jeff S says:
Do you mean similar to Borderlands in terms of art style/tone of the game or in terms of gameplay?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 13, 2011 6:21:43 AM PDT
moogle11 says:
Gameplay, mainly the online co-op aspect, and I suppose the humorous tone wouldn't be far off either, In really prefer co-op PvE than PvP online.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 13, 2011 11:14:41 AM PDT
Jeff S says:
I hope it isn't alot like Borderlands. Co-op FPS-style missions with some rpg aspects like different skill trees for each character sounds good. But if it's a Diablo-grind, go on pointless "mission" (because they were actually quests) after mission, fighting enemies that have levels that you need to grind up to before you have a hope of beating them, spending hours sorting through all the garbage guns you find to see which ones are actually worth keeping then you can count me out. I thought Borderlands should have been respelt as Borederlands.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 13, 2011 4:15:01 PM PDT
moogle11 says:
O.O

Posted on Jul 13, 2011 4:19:31 PM PDT
moogle11 says:
Well, I can see your point, but currently Borderlands is giving me lots of fun, maybe getting it free helped. What I really mean to say is that I hope this game will have the weapon variety & upgrade-ability, similar to Ratchet & Clank, with the random generation of missions for extra online longevity, apart from the core 'scripted' main story. I think it was R&C 3 that had the online RPG/Team based play, was it ?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2011 5:16:22 AM PDT
JTW says:
Agreed. Borderlands had a lot of potential and I really liked it at first, but the game mechanics were just awful and I traded it in after a few days.

Posted on Aug 27, 2011 12:21:19 AM PDT
NC says:
Borderlands is in a world of it's own. Can't really clone it without breaking copyright laws.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 27, 2011 8:11:15 AM PDT
moogle11 says:
I'm still psyched about this game, it looks like a classic '60's spy series fused with Ratchet & Clank & a bit of Terminator ^^

Posted on Apr 25, 2012 7:22:01 AM PDT
Vyprstryke says:
It's probably going to be similar to how Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One was in terms of how it's played. I hope not as I thought the mechanics in A41 were quite annoying compared to the normal R&C games so hopefully it's something they've improved upon. I really hope to hear more about this at E3.

Posted on May 13, 2013 6:26:29 PM PDT
A. Luca says:
personally i hope they go back to resistance
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Jul 12, 2011
Latest post:  May 13, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Fuse - Playstation 3
Fuse - Playstation 3 by Electronic Arts (PlayStation 3)
3.8 out of 5 stars   (35)