Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on June 2, 2011
This is a documentary. It's a hidden camera recording an owl family with a boring narrator. However, it can hold my 6 year olds attention for over an hour. He's crazy about owls and crazy about this DVD. It's very educational and a pretty neat look into the daily life of an owl family.
on June 24, 2009
Have you ever heard an owl hooting at night, and wondered where it was? What the owl hooting looked like? Or what the owl was hooting for? If you are a bird lover, in particular if you love owls, this DVD is for you! This DVD is about a pair of Barred owls, Ward and June, that were brooding yearly at the home of a very fine individual whom carefully cataloged their yearly broods, capturing their moments on film, and brought to light the real world of owls that one very rarely gets to see. With this DVD you will get to watch an Owl lay her clutch, the incubating period, the owlets first peers into the world, the feedings (ohhhh, the feedings... ) the most absolute bravery that goes into an owlet leaving the nest for the first time, and much much more. Delightfully the individual whom made this DVD and narrator was also very cautious with the animals as to not disturb their habitat, or natures course in the life of an animal. The pictures are superb, the filming is super clear and the audio is AMAZING!! I would encourage everyone to visit owlcam.com and read through the wonderful brooding years of Ward and June. For me, it was like a good book that once you start you just cant put it down. I knew I'd have to get the DVD and I'm so glad I did. I would recommend this DVD to anyone that has a love for birds and animals in general. This would be a super DVD to show to any elementary classroom for study. I'm hopeful that[...]productions will produce another amazing DVD in the future and I will certainly purchase a copy whenever it becomes available. I cant thank these people enough for making this DVD. I've had a Barred owl pair nesting nearby for a few years now, and this DVD helped me understand more what they are up to and how life is for them in their world. This DVD gets an AAAAAAAAAAA+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++!!!
on January 1, 2015
The production on this DVD is low-budget but it has cameras placed in all the right spots. The close ups are crisp and beautiful. The internal cams are strategically placed. I find the production slightly subpar, they use way too much fade-to-gray and the storyline is a little weak. The reason I am knocking it down one star is because the voiceover volume is too low. You have to turn the volume up to listen to the narrator and turn it back down because the owl screeches are too loud. I recommend this DVD to anyone interested in owls.
on July 10, 2010
I have an eccentric 1 year old who is obsessed with owls. We get multiple requests per day to find owl clips online, so I went in search of a DVD that could fill the void. Owlcam: the Hidden World far exceeded my expectations and is on constant play in our home. What I love about this DVD is the beauty and simplicity of it - you watch as two owl parents make it through a season of bringing up their young, with just enough narration to bring the footage together. My little one is spellbound by it, and her father and I also quickly became emotionally invested in the lives of June and Ward and their young. I also recently purchased a DVD about animal babies for kids from a well known production company, and it is so loud, disjointed, and cartoonish that my daughter can't follow it. Had I known I would have just stuck with Owlcam! Beautiful work!

I wanted to update this review. My daughter is now coming up on her 2nd birthday, and we have amassed several nature DVDs, most by the large NG and AP production companies. And yet, Owlcam is still the best made nature DVD hands down. I would beseech the makers to consider expanding - Wolfcam? Bearcam? We can only hope!
on March 21, 2009
I've followed the lives of a pair of barred owl, June and Ward, on the Owl Cam website several years ago, thanks to the wonderful man who built the owlbox, photographed and filmed the pair's broods of owlets through at least three years. He finally put together this DVD account of June and Ward's first family--from June's laying of three eggs to the hatching, feeding, and first flight of the owlets. The photography is clear and vivid, with many amazing closeups of the owls and other wildlife in this verdant forest in America's Northeast. This should be among the classics of wildlife documentaries, certainly of owl documentaries. It is truly a wonder.
on April 1, 2009
After many years of following the adventures of Ward & June and their families, I was so happy to see the DVD was available.
This is a WONDERFUL nature film, put together with care and respect. It's not commercial in any way. The narration is gentle, informative and humorous, but not at all overbearing and not stupid (like Animal Planet's "funny" animal videos--UGH!)
I absolutely recommend this to all bird/nature lovers. It's GREAT!
on June 20, 2014
I was disappointed with the DVD because it was broken into too many pieces and the narration was amateurish. I had originally ordered the DVD to show to young kids at a retreat but realized that it would bore the hell out of them so I ordered another DVD about owls which turned out to be vastly superior and much more professional.
on July 10, 2012
I really liked this dvd,the video is something I had never seen before,well made and cured.It's amazing how those owls have been filmed.
Now I learned new things about them.
on April 8, 2015
LOVED IT. SLOW PACED BUT YOU GET THE FEEL OF WATCHING THE TRUE PROGRESS OF LIFE.THE ONLY PROBLEM I HAD WAS THE MICS USED IN THE FILMING WERE SOMETIMES ANNOYING.
on July 18, 2012
I got this video for my grandaughter for her birthday. She has always been interested in Owls. Well, this present was a big hit! She loves it! Thank You