5.0 out of 5 stars OwlCam Review
Published on June 24, 2009 by Wendy G. Thuring

3.0 out of 5 stars Barred owls and their offspring
I was disappointed with the DVD because it was broken into too many pieces and the narration was amateurish. I had originally ordered the DVD to show to young kids at a retreat but realized that it would bore the hell out of them so I ordered another DVD about owls which turned out to be vastly superior and much more professional.
Published 19 days ago by John Taylor

5.0 out of 5 stars OwlCam Review, June 24, 2009
This review is from: Owlcam the Hidden World (DVD)
Have you ever heard an owl hooting at night, and wondered where it was? What the owl hooting looked like? Or what the owl was hooting for? If you are a bird lover, in particular if you love owls, this DVD is for you! This DVD is about a pair of Barred owls, Ward and June, that were brooding yearly at the home of a very fine individual whom carefully cataloged their yearly broods, capturing their moments on film, and brought to light the real world of owls that one very rarely gets to see. With this DVD you will get to watch an Owl lay her clutch, the incubating period, the owlets first peers into the world, the feedings (ohhhh, the feedings... ) the most absolute bravery that goes into an owlet leaving the nest for the first time, and much much more. Delightfully the individual whom made this DVD and narrator was also very cautious with the animals as to not disturb their habitat, or natures course in the life of an animal. The pictures are superb, the filming is super clear and the audio is AMAZING!! I would encourage everyone to visit owlcam.com and read through the wonderful brooding years of Ward and June. For me, it was like a good book that once you start you just cant put it down. I knew I'd have to get the DVD and I'm so glad I did. I would recommend this DVD to anyone that has a love for birds and animals in general. This would be a super DVD to show to any elementary classroom for study. I'm hopeful that[...]productions will produce another amazing DVD in the future and I will certainly purchase a copy whenever it becomes available. I cant thank these people enough for making this DVD. I've had a Barred owl pair nesting nearby for a few years now, and this DVD helped me understand more what they are up to and how life is for them in their world. This DVD gets an AAAAAAAAAAA+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Owl Boy, June 2, 2011
This review is from: Owlcam the Hidden World (DVD)
This is a documentary. It's a hidden camera recording an owl family with a boring narrator. However, it can hold my 6 year olds attention for over an hour. He's crazy about owls and crazy about this DVD. It's very educational and a pretty neat look into the daily life of an owl family.

5.0 out of 5 stars A 'must have' for nature lovers., April 1, 2009
This review is from: Owlcam the Hidden World (DVD)
After many years of following the adventures of Ward & June and their families, I was so happy to see the DVD was available.
This is a WONDERFUL nature film, put together with care and respect. It's not commercial in any way. The narration is gentle, informative and humorous, but not at all overbearing and not stupid (like Animal Planet's "funny" animal videos--UGH!)
I absolutely recommend this to all bird/nature lovers. It's GREAT!

5.0 out of 5 stars Marvellous account of an owl family!, March 21, 2009
This review is from: Owlcam the Hidden World (DVD)
I've followed the lives of a pair of barred owl, June and Ward, on the Owl Cam website several years ago, thanks to the wonderful man who built the owlbox, photographed and filmed the pair's broods of owlets through at least three years. He finally put together this DVD account of June and Ward's first family--from June's laying of three eggs to the hatching, feeding, and first flight of the owlets. The photography is clear and vivid, with many amazing closeups of the owls and other wildlife in this verdant forest in America's Northeast. This should be among the classics of wildlife documentaries, certainly of owl documentaries. It is truly a wonder.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great DVD for Kids, too! Update - still best nature DVD out there, July 10, 2010
This review is from: Owlcam the Hidden World (DVD)
I have an eccentric 1 year old who is obsessed with owls. We get multiple requests per day to find owl clips online, so I went in search of a DVD that could fill the void. Owlcam: the Hidden World far exceeded my expectations and is on constant play in our home. What I love about this DVD is the beauty and simplicity of it - you watch as two owl parents make it through a season of bringing up their young, with just enough narration to bring the footage together. My little one is spellbound by it, and her father and I also quickly became emotionally invested in the lives of June and Ward and their young. I also recently purchased a DVD about animal babies for kids from a well known production company, and it is so loud, disjointed, and cartoonish that my daughter can't follow it. Had I known I would have just stuck with Owlcam! Beautiful work!

I wanted to update this review. My daughter is now coming up on her 2nd birthday, and we have amassed several nature DVDs, most by the large NG and AP production companies. And yet, Owlcam is still the best made nature DVD hands down. I would beseech the makers to consider expanding - Wolfcam? Bearcam? We can only hope!

3.0 out of 5 stars Barred owls and their offspring, June 20, 2014
John Taylor (Grants Pass, OR USA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars My husband loved it!, January 2, 2014
This review is from: Owlcam the Hidden World (DVD)
This video was really good. We enjoyed watching the owlets grow and get ready to leave on their own. An owl lovers delight!

5.0 out of 5 stars A big hit!!, July 18, 2012
This review is from: Owlcam the Hidden World (DVD)
I got this video for my grandaughter for her birthday. She has always been interested in Owls. Well, this present was a big hit! She loves it! Thank You

5.0 out of 5 stars Spectacular, July 10, 2012
This review is from: Owlcam the Hidden World (DVD)
I really liked this dvd,the video is something I had never seen before,well made and cured.It's amazing how those owls have been filmed.
Now I learned new things about them.

5.0 out of 5 stars present for my daughter, April 26, 2013
This review is from: Owlcam the Hidden World (DVD)
my daughter is into owls at the present and I saw this and thought it would be a great birthday present.

Owlcam the Hidden World
Owlcam the Hidden World by owlbox@owlcam.com (DVD - 2006)
$24.97 $19.95