5.0 out of 5 stars THE best food
As a small animal veterinarian I am here to say that this is the ONLY food you should be feeding your rabbit. The person complaining about the price and giving the product 1 star makes the product look bad, when in actuality it is not. He states that it is a good food in the review, but most people will see the rating and not waste their time reading why.
Published on November 7, 2011 by LA VET14

3.0 out of 5 stars Bunny doesnt like it much
But that's a personal thing, I believe. I mix it with Kaytee Fiesta food and she eats it just fine.
Published 2 months ago by ueberelaina

5.0 out of 5 stars THE best food, November 7, 2011
LA VET14 (Baton Rouge, LA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Oxbow Bunny Basics Adult Rabbit Food (Timothy Based), 5-Pound Bag (Misc.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Only Food My Rabbit Will Eat, October 8, 2012
My bunny is a male and he's over 8.5 years old. For the longest time I've had him eating Kaytee Timothy Complete rabbit food, and for a long time he did great on that food and really liked it. Then not too long ago they switched to a "New & Improved" formula, and my rabbit just didn't like it at all. And never would eat much of it, which I didn't pay enough attention to, he lost a lot of weight without me being able to tell, I took him to the Vet for a checkup and found that out. So I got xrays done on him and blood tests to see why he was losing weight, everything came back ok. So I figured there must be a reason why he is losing weight, and came back to his dry food. So I tried Oxbow Organic for rabbits, he'd eat a little bit of it but did not like it. I didn't know what else to try, but I wasn't willing to give up like that, he is way too important to me, and I thought it was a long shot anyway in that maybe it wasn't the food but it's him, maybe he is sick somehow even though the tests came back ok. But this is Amazon, and this is the Internet, and I have Amazon Prime with two day shipping, and I thought, why not just try another kind of food, it's a long shot but it's worth it if it might work. So I ordered this brand of food and I've started feeding it to him. The pellets are smaller in size, and guess what? He likes it he likes it, I mean he loves it he loves it, he scarfing the stuff down, as if he was starving before and had nothing to eat. So here is a lesson learned to all rabbit owners out there, don't give up on your bunny, try your best to find them something they like to eat, if this isn't the stuff they like find something else, every rabbit is different just like people are different. I like Mexican food, other people hate it. I hate Tomatoes, other people love them, everyone is different and so are rabbits. I'm so happy now seeing him eat like this, and I know he'll gain his weight back, you can feel his bones on his back really bad because he has lost so much weight, and feeding him greens and carrots and fruits cannot make up for what they need in dry food, and even hay cannot make up for it, they need this dry food and a good quality like this one. As I'm writing this he's scarfing down this food, I wish I had known before what I know now, and that's why I'm writing this review so that maybe it might help another rabbit owner out there. Happy bunny owning....

5.0 out of 5 stars High Quality and Nutritionally Sound, December 4, 2011
Let me start by saying I have 5 bonded (and fixed), house broken, litterbox trained house rabbits all living happily together in the "bunnyroom". I have been a rabbit slave for ~5.5 years now and a weekly volunteer at the North Texas Rabbit Sanctuary (NTRS) for almost as long. I've learn quite a bit about rabbits over the years, and while my personal rabbits are on a hay/veggie diet with no pellets, this is *the* rabbit pellet of choice. If you must feed your rabbit pellets, then please use this one. BTW, if you are in the DFW (Dallas/Fort Worth area), check out [...] or stop by one Saturday. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars My bunny loves this!, January 14, 2012
I've been wanting to buy Oxbow products for a long time but since the stores here don't sell it, I resorted to buying online. Kudos to Amazon Prime & the seller for the free shipping, it arrived exactly as stated. It's the first time my bunny tasted this, I mixed it up first with his old pellets so as not to shock his tummy & he just loves his timmy pellets. I am also assured that this is the best & nutritious pellets for him.

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality bunny food!, May 2, 2013
I don't like those with other extra stuff like seeds, fruits, etc, because I'd rather give my bunny fresh fruits and veggies. And this rabbit food is simple and high quality. The pellets are not crumbly and they look fresh. I give my bunny about 1/2 cup along with about a cup of fresh veggies everyday. He runs to the food bowl to eat!! Highly recommended!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Bunny Loves It, July 16, 2013
I feed my bunny a combination of loose timothy hay and Oxbow Essentials Pellets. He loves them, and I know the quality is far higher than most other rabbit feeds. Since he's an Angora, I have to be careful about what he eats and the majority of his diet must be hay. Since this is timothy based, I know he will get everything he need to prevent wool-block and keep his digestive tract functioning properly.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Rabbits Love Oxbow, June 18, 2013
I have six rabbits, and I have had rabbits for over ten years. I have tried other brands. My rabbits all prefer Oxbow over all other brands. I prefer it because of the quality and nutrition. My rabbits prefer it because of the taste.

5.0 out of 5 stars My bunnies love it!, December 12, 2012
Very inexpensive for what you get, good pet food from a great brand. I have two rabbits and I fill up their little ceramic bowl with a scoop of this per day and they eat it all by the evening (with endless hay and a cup per of fresh veggies). The only pellet food I get for them.

5.0 out of 5 stars num num num, January 10, 2012
I have three 2 year old lop/harquin bunns would love their nums. did i mention they like food?? theyre very picky and always have been. they grew up on Peters because they offer different stage food for development, where as Oxbox doesnt; just baby & adult. when the bunns got old enough i switched them to oxbow and thye just love it. theyve been eating oxbow for a year now and they healthy hoppy bunns. it must taste good too because they always act like vultures when i feed them. adorable..but a little scary. my bunns are very intense nummers.

i wouldnt recoment the oxbow hay though; not that its not a high quality product. ive learned that bunnys do better on crappy hay. makes no sense but their tummies handle the harsher hay better. i give them oxboq hay once in a while for a treat, but stick to basic hay as their daily diet filler. they use hay as bedding too, so im not about to buy $$$$$ hsy that theyre only going to pee on and use as bedding ..id rather they eat it..

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT PRODUCT, October 18, 2012
Best Food for ANY rabbit & for the owner to buy.....Oxbow products are the best for the health of your little bun.....
My bun gets the young rabbit food by Oxbow (the young rabbit food is for a bunny under 1 year old)....but in case someone reads this review and is unsure of what kind of food to buy for their pet bun.....Oxbow is the way to go.
Don't get fooled by the food with "bunny junk" in it at Pet Stores or even online....
It's TERRIBLE for your rabbits health and they are more prone to G.I. Statis.....(as buns do have a sweet tooth)

I will continue to buy Oxbow products!!!!! Thank you Oxbow for looking out for the health of our precious furry buns! :)

Oxbow Bunny Basics 15/23 (Alfalfa Based)

Rate and Discover Movies