4.0 out of 5 stars Good dictionary with limitations
Published on March 28, 2010 by Lorna D.

3.0 out of 5 stars A Great Kids' Dictionary
Published on January 21, 2007 by Sojourner Truth

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars A Great Kids' Dictionary, January 21, 2007
Sojourner Truth (Bellingham, Wash., USA) - See all my reviews
This dictionary is beautifully legible. However, there are no children in our household. We are just two Scrabble-playing, college-educated adults, and almost none of the words we look up in the "Oxford American Large Print Dictionary" are there. Based on the "Oxford American Minidictionary," 2004, this large-print edition offers no etymologies. I bought this dictionary for my very nearsighted husband, but he never uses it. When he wants to look up a word, he does what he's always done: he pulls the "Webster's Collegiate" down from the shelf and reaches for the magnifying glass.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good dictionary with limitations, March 28, 2010
Lorna D. (Hollywood, CA) - See all my reviews
It's just the nature of the beast, a large print dictionary would be gigantic if it was truly comprehensive. The Oxford American Large Print Dictionary is a reasonable choice. considering the inherent limitations. The font is large and crisp, the layout is clean, the paper is decent quality but the definitions are brief and you won't find every word you're looking for. Not every word used in the definitions are defined themselves.

3.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, January 6, 2013
witness (North Carolina) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Oxford American Large Print Dictionary (Paperback)
I wanted a large print for the obvious reasons, but this dictionary weighs a ton and there are so many words left out of it. I am sorry I asked for it. I have already recycled my old dictionary and am sorry I did that so quickly. Like my son said, why don't you just use the online dictionary. He's right. That is what I will do from now on. I like books, but this one is a pain to use. Don't bother with it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Save Your Money, October 8, 2011
This review is from: Oxford American Large Print Dictionary (Paperback)
This is really a minimum dictionary. It might be appropriate for a sight-impaired third grader, but any adult looking for a large print and full content dictionary needs to look elsewhere. I had hoped this would save me the trouble of pulling out my magnifying glass, but it doesn't.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love this Dictionary!, May 27, 2014
This review is from: Oxford American Large Print Dictionary (Paperback)
It is amazing after a long day of work, how easy it is to use the Large Print Dictionary. Has helped me so much. I do not know why I waited so long. Thank You

4.0 out of 5 stars Oxford American Dictionary, May 8, 2014
This review is from: Oxford American Large Print Dictionary (Paperback)
I like the dictionary BUT it's way too big. I thought it was going to be smaller in size. It's my fault because I didn't read the measurements.

4.0 out of 5 stars Print size, April 11, 2014
This review is from: Oxford American Large Print Dictionary (Paperback)
I wish there was an in between this size print and the standard print size.Other than that like the dictionary

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, easy to read and use. I gave it to my niece., March 2, 2014
She has a slight difficulty reading, so this makes it considerably easier and more amenable to look up words. I strongly recommend it to anyone who finds it tedious to look up words in a dictionary with a regular font, or to people with dyslexia and other vision problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars This dictionary is exactly what was required., January 4, 2014
This review is from: Oxford American Large Print Dictionary (Paperback)
My elderly sister for which this order was for, loved it and found it very useful. Great ob from the vender too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Happy with My Copy, November 17, 2013
This review is from: Oxford American Large Print Dictionary (Paperback)
Great book to have close when reading to research words. However, if your looking for in-depth information concerning each word, this is not for you. It gives you basic understanding for each word. I am very happy with mine.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Oxford American Large Print Dictionary
Oxford American Large Print Dictionary by Oxford University Press (Paperback - November 13, 2008)
$24.95 $18.72