4.0 out of 5 stars Great Value

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap price = cheap piece
Published on January 1, 2011 by Joe Mc

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap price = cheap piece, January 1, 2011
This review is from: Oxford Executive Desk, 30.5"Hx63"W, BLACK
I purchased this desk about a year ago. Since then, the center drawer's latch has broken, so it hangs open all day, and the side cabinet where you store the PC is also busted so IT hangs open all day too. It's small, cheap, and flimsy, and I'm ashamed to have it in my living room. I'm actually on Amazon right now looking for a replacement. Instead of spending $300 on this thing, spend $600 and get yourself a desk that you won't have to replace one year later.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, November 21, 2012
I ordered this desk about a month ago and was a little intimidated by the fact that it came in several boxes and there were 100+ pieces to this desk. I'm not the most handy person, so I thought that this was going to be a huge waste of time and money. It only took me about two and a half hours to put this desk together. The only problem I had was that I got a drawer stuck because I didn't get it on the track before trying to shove the thing closed. After prying it out, I was able to get it realigned and everything fit together nicely. The only criticism is that the magnets used to hold the door and keyboard tray closed really aren't strong enough to keep them closed. I'm considering just buying a slightly stronger magnet to fix this issue.

If you'r buying this desk expecting it to be a quick project, don't get this desk. If you're expecting this desk to be easy to put together without much regard for the instructions, don't get this desk. If, on the other hand, you are willing to follow the instructions to the letter and take the time needed, this is a beautiful desk and a great value.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do Not Purchase, October 11, 2011
This was the biggest waste of money I have ever spent! It took me over 1/2 a day to build this desk (it comes in over 100 pieces, and the instructions are brutal) only to find out that the knobs do not fit, the middle laptop compartment does not stay up and none of the drawers fit. DO NOT PURCHASE this item!

5.0 out of 5 stars but the instructions were quite easy to follow, August 19, 2014
Received the desk last week and yes, it does come in pieces and has to be assembled. I'm not sure if the process has improved since others reviewed it, but the instructions were quite easy to follow. All of the hardware and the pieces are clearly labeled and every pre-drilled hole lined up perfectly. It did take about 2 1/2 hours to assemble which I expected as shipping necessitates it be in pieces. I cannot comment as to the longevity of the piece, but for the price it is a sturdy, nice looking desk. We purchased a piece of plexiglass and installed it on the desktop to avoid it being marred. So far we are very happy with this purchase.

3.0 out of 5 stars OVER PRICED!, December 6, 2013
Lilly Z (Cinderella's Cottage United States) - See all my reviews
The desk is nice, but WAY over priced!!!! The directions were badly written, so assembly was pretty much guessing what went where. Several holes didn't line up, so hubby had to redrill. There were also some holes not drilled at all. It is a nice desk once you get it together, BUT the quality and workmanship are very much overpriced. If it was less expensive, I'd say it was excellent. So, if you don't mind paying the price and are ok with drilling holes and bad assembly instructions, you'll get a beautiful desk that looks lovely.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too Much Work, January 13, 2013
This desk came in a million pieces and took me for ever to put it together. There was a lot of guessing as to what part went where or how. It stains very easily and doesn't clean up without loosing its color. The seller charged me shipping fees on top of what Amazon had already charged.

5.0 out of 5 stars very nice desk, February 15, 2011
I just got this desk in the mail today and started assembeling it immediately. It took around 3 hours but with the instruction it was really easy! a good quality desk, in a decent size, the white color looks just gorgeos. A great value for the price. I would definitely recommend this desk

4.0 out of 5 stars good quality, December 19, 2013
Good but not great quality. This was for my 11 year old daughter and she absolutely loves it! Great amount of storage and function, however the top of the desk is easily marred by sliding items or pencil smudges. Remedied this by purchasing a clear plastic desk mat.

4.0 out of 5 stars Its good, November 30, 2013
This review is from: Oxford Executive Desk, 30.5"Hx63"W, BLACK
I rated four stars because I didn't like the material but overall was worth to buy at this value for my son's bedroom.

5.0 out of 5 stars great desk, December 8, 2012
joanna (LOUISVILLE, CO, US) - See all my reviews
it looks great and does everything i wanted it to! also holds my tv. need more words? all i have.

Oxford Executive Desk, 30.5"Hx63"W, BLACK
Oxford Executive Desk, 30.5"Hx63"W, BLACK by Home Decorators Collection
$379.00
In stock. Usually ships within 3 to 4 days.