Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on November 29, 2008
I teach English as a second language, and this is the dictionary that I urge my higher beginning students to get. It's a wonderful practical vocabulary builder. I have seen disappointed reviews from people trying to use these bilingual Oxford Picture Dictionaries to learn a foreign language (i.e., not English), and I don't think the OPD the best dictionary in that circumstance. Everything in the dictionary is geared toward American English and American society, and all the incidental material that Oxford University Press creates for the OPD (and there is a lot of it) is in English.

When used for the purpose for which it was designed -- learning English -- this is a fantastic asset.
on December 30, 2012
The OPD is intended for Korean speaking English Language Learners (KLLs), but if can already read hangeul (the Korean alphabet), then it's an excellent resource for KLLs! I wish I would have had a copy when I was living in Korea!!! I know recommend it to all of my ELL students (when available in their language), and also use it to teach with in the classroom at times.
on January 4, 2013
I've been using this book in my adult ESL class and everybody loves it.
I think the audio CDs should be included.
on March 2, 2016
Exceptionally well-done! I love the full spectrum of subjects this dictionary covered. I've used this with Korean students in many applications. We might choose one picture and write an essay about it or look at the double-spread illustrations and do a timed-detail search of what's in the photo. I love the illustrations, the people, animals, I just can't say enough about the double-spread features, they are amazing!
on July 27, 2013
I have used the Korean/English and Chinese/English version of this book to help a sizable number of beautiful Asian ladies learn the impossible language of English. It covers almost everything you need to know about day to day life. I also made videos of many of its well-illustrated pages and put them in their iPods and iPhones. I narrate the page so they can hear the actual pronunciation as they read along. The book is well organized and comprehensive and comes highly recommended from this aging tutor.
on March 28, 2013
This book is very useful to me as I lived and taught in Korea for several years. It would have been great if I had known such a book existed while I was there. I am glad to see it has Hangul and not Romanized Korean. Although I can read Korean, I would find this useful for my ESL students even if I couldn't read Korean. I plan on buying other bilingual editions as well, even for the languages I don't know.
on October 8, 2014
I really like this dictionary. We've been using it with our Korean exchange student. The pictures are current and the glossary very helpful. The only thing I wish it had was pronunciations for the Korean words to help us learn Korean.
on January 13, 2015
I love everything about this book. There is a huge amount of content, clear pictures, an English index as well as a Hangul index, and a list of regular English verbs. There are resources for teachers of English as well as for students of English and students of Korean. Fantastic.
on October 17, 2012
I am tutoring two young high school students who just arrived from Korea. They really like this book. It is very complete. Since I don't know Korean, it has been extremely helpful to me to make sure that they are understanding the definitions of the words and phrases that we are working on together.
on February 13, 2015
Not a bad dictionary except that I bought this for my husband who just has started learning Korean, and he needs Hangul written out in English phonetics to know if his pronunciation is correct. Without it, actually this dictionary is not as useful as I hoped it would for him, which is a shame.