5.0 out of 5 stars INCREDIBLE!
Published on October 20, 2008 by busymom

2.0 out of 5 stars Turned the carpet pink
I don't know if I'm using this product wrong or what, but if someone tells me what I did wrong or how to fix it, I'll gladly change my review.

Published on December 9, 2010 by Mumbo Jumbo

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars INCREDIBLE!, October 20, 2008
This review is from: OxiClean Versatile Stain Remover 14 lbs
I am a mother of four and have been using this product for about 8 years now when I bought it off an infomercial. The ONLY product I have ever bought off an infomercial! It is fabulous on spit up, grape juice, vomit, diarrhea, grass stains, mud stains, orange juice, mustard and any and all other organic stains you can think of, that typically will not come out, without fading the orginal color. Just let them soak in super hot water for a few hours, and good as new! Even stains that have been there for YEARS!!! When I thought it couldn't get any better, well, I just found a bag of four really nice, expensive, custom made, cotton Halloween costumes. We had a leak and this bag was apparently under it. The costumes were a mess!!! The red on one dress had run all over all the bright whites and they were all just COVERED in mold. I mean, there wasn't a salvageable spot on them. Just destroyed. Before I tossed them, I took these sets and put them in super hot water with the oxiclean. Mixed with a wooden spoon every so often, added a kind of paste of oxiclean on the really black spots. I repeated the process several times and just let them soak over the course of a few days. When I finally pulled them out, you can't tell that there had ever been any stains on them! Not only that, but the red that had run all over the costumes, either completely disappeared or faded to such a light shade of pink that you cannot even see it unless you're looking for it. Amazingly, the red parts on the costume are STILL RED! I never imagined, in my wildest dreams that these costumes could be saved. This is nothing short of a miracle product that I don't know how people with kids live without! I highly recommend it. It can be found in most supermarkets and superstores around here for around $8 and bucket and is such a bargain for what it does!

5.0 out of 5 stars My OXILCEAN stain removal recipe, December 29, 2009
This review is from: OxiClean Versatile Stain Remover 14 lbs
OXICLEAN is the BEST stain removal product out there. Trust me, I have discovered this after lots of trial and error (shout spray, stain sticks, spray n wash....).

I have TWO activie, MESSY boys! Here is what I do each laundry day: I sort the dirty clothes into (3) piles: white, lights, and darks...setting any stained items off to the side. I then fill up (3) buckets with water (1 hot, 1 warm, and 1 lukewarm) and mix one scoop of oxiclean powder into each. I then put all stained white items in the hot water/oxiclean bucket, all lights in the warm bucket, and darks in the lukewarm bucket. I give them a quick mix with my long laundry brush and then let them soak overnight. The next day I do my laundry! I simply pull out each item from their bucket, gently wring excess water from them, and toss them in with their respective color load. For super stains, I have let items soak as long as 48 hours.

I will note that for some REALLY stubborn stains on dark clothing, the stains have come out wonderfully using this method, but my soaking process does decrease the original vivid nature of the item's colors. The only one who notices is me, I am super picky--but I find this an acceptable alternative to tossing the stained clothing item in the garbage or letting my sons out of the house with stained clothes. Also--just know your clothing items (obviously don't soak a white shirt in hot water if it is made of material that will shrink!) My quick-instructions are for the majority of laundry items. I have some fragile items that I wash and soak separately as needed.

I love oxiclean! My method may sound tedious--but I have found it to be quicker than pretreating each individual item with a stain-product (stick, spray, etc). It's also much gentler on clothing (no scrubbing needed). The only downside is that I have to keep 3 buckets in my laundry area, full of soaking clothes--not pretty! But it works for me since our laundry is tucked in the basement. I once tried the oxiclean laundry spray, to save the soaking...but it just didn't work for me.

Hope this helps someone out there!

5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST!, March 2, 2010
This review is from: OxiClean Versatile Stain Remover 14 lbs
I purchased Oxiclean Versatile Stain Remover based on other reviews. I have to second all the positive feedback! I had baby clothes (including bibs stained with baby food) that had stains and had been stored for a little over 2 years. But I thought Oxiclean was worth a try. Using the soaking method IT GOT ALL THE STAINS OUT!!! I also had an experience, I believe similar to another reviewer, where color from the red neckband of a cotton T-shirt had stained the cream colored sleeves of the shirt. I let the shirt soak and amazingly enough the red came out.

Note: All of my successes have been using the soaking method. This is one of the described ways to use Oxiclean listed on the package. The one piece of advice I have is to use HOT water when soaking stained items. I put a small amount of the hottest tap water I can get, mix in the Oxiclean, then fill up the rest of the container, and add the item. When I first started using Oxiclean, some stains didn't come out. But when I re-soaked them using HOT water, the stains DID come out. At first I was a little nervous that the items might shrink but they were basically ruined anyway due to the stains, so I figured, what's the worst that can happen? I am happy to report that only one item, a cotton t-shirt, has shrunk, and not enough that my son can't wear it. (It's just a little shorter now in the sleeves and overall length.)

There was one time when Oxiclean didn't work and it was with a bib that has a shiny plastic coating over the fabric on the front, and just the cloth fabric itself on the back. I don't know it the stains didn't come out because the Oxiclean couldn't fully penetrate the fabric front to back, due to the plastic side, or for some other reason. But with all the successes, I still give this product a 5 star rating!

5.0 out of 5 stars It Works..., September 10, 2008
This review is from: OxiClean Versatile Stain Remover 14 lbs
I use just a small scoop full of Oxiclean in every load of whites I do. I find that it's much more effective than your typical liquid bleach. You know those yellow drool stains on your pillow cases? Gone. Sweat stains - gone. Pet stains? Gone. It also gets rid of those "womanly" accidental stains. And it keeps my whites looking bright WHITE and not dingy - all without the bleachy smell. I've also used this to get pet stains and red wine out of carpet. I don't know what I'd do without this stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy new carpet? No - OxiClean it instead!, April 29, 2011
Dennis N. (Minnesota, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: OxiClean Versatile Stain Remover 14 lbs
So I'm at the Amazon site wondering if there a product review I should write - some product that I think the world of. OxiClean came to mind immediately.

We have been using this product for years. Two particular experiences with this product may cause you to curb your skepticism long enough for you to go out and buy a box and try it yourself:

1) We have Berber carpet in the basement. It was nice-looking carpet when we installed it 20 years ago - kind of an off-white with some attractive color flecks here and there. About 5 years ago, it had become kind of an off-tan with some less-than-attractive weird color stain splotches here and there. We decided to clean it. We weren't getting much for results with traditional carpet cleaner solution. Then I decided to put OxiClean in the tank of our carpet cleaner. I did not skimp. I was desperate. If the carpet would not get clean we would have to replace it - at much more cost than a box of OxiClean. It took a great deal of scrubbing, a great deal of persistence, and a great deal of OxiClean (I didn't bother with the directions for carpet - I put in so much that no more would dissolve). In the end, we essentially had our new carpet back. We would stop now and then and compare a cleaned area to a non-cleaned area. We were amazed.
2) I have an odd job in that occasionally I come home with some part of my clothing covered in sewage sludge. I'm not talking about an inconvenient little spot of a mildly smelly stain. Let's just say that even dogs would refuse to roll in this clothing. When this happens, I break out the OxiClean. It usually takes several soak/scrub/rinse cycles of hand-washing (with a fresh bucket of hot OxiClean water each time). But in the end, I can wear the clothing again - to the office or even to church. It's that good.

5.0 out of 5 stars My savior.., June 24, 2009
This review is from: OxiClean Versatile Stain Remover 14 lbs
Oxiclean has done miracles especially on my whites. My boyfriend never seems to keep a white shirt white and has to constantly throw them away after a awhile. After using oxiclean I no longer have to worry about stains and he can keep his white shirts for much longer.

4.0 out of 5 stars good stuff, price too high, April 30, 2011
This review is from: OxiClean Versatile Stain Remover 14 lbs
This stuff works great!!!! Gets cat urine smell out of clothing and upolstery. Buyer price beware, I bought this 14 lb box at Sams club for only $18!!! Same exact stuff!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Turned the carpet pink, December 9, 2010
This review is from: OxiClean Versatile Stain Remover 14 lbs

My dog got into the food bin the other day and gorged on some food, needless to say she wasn't feeling so well and had accidents all over the house. I ran out of my normal pet stain remover so I decided to use Oxiclean mixed with some hot water. Following the directions on the box for carpet stains, I used 1/4 cup of Oxiclean for every 16 oz. of water, it did get the stain out (hence the 2 stars), BUT it turned my mom's off-white carpet PINK!!! What is going on???

5.0 out of 5 stars Love This Stuff, December 20, 2009
This review is from: OxiClean Versatile Stain Remover 14 lbs
The only problem with this item is Amazon. If you can get to a Sam's Club, Oxiclean is $15.19. Same quantity.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the Hype.....and Then Some, April 27, 2010
This review is from: OxiClean Versatile Stain Remover 14 lbs
Oxi-Clean is a product that definitely deserves all the accolade it receives. It is not some infomercial myth that doesn't deliver the goods after you purchase it, Oxi-Clean really, truly does what is says it does.

It does an outstanding job removing stains that other products barely have an impact on, Oxi-Clean should be in EVERYBODY'S laundry arsenal. And as some of the other comments stated, use it with HOT water for best results.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›