5.0 out of 5 stars Works best for people with naturally sticky stool
Published on October 9, 2011 by Ann R.

3.0 out of 5 stars Holy P**p... Full details
Published 24 months ago by Zule

5.0 out of 5 stars Works best for people with naturally sticky stool, October 9, 2011
Ann R. (CAMPBELL, CA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Oxy-Powder Intestinal Cleanser - 120 Vegetarian Capsules - Packaging May Vary (Health and Beauty)
From my research and personal testing, I have no doubt that these capsules contain the same product as PoopDoc (easy to search online). This version is in vegicaps, whereas poopdoc uses regular gelatin capsules. I know this product well and have been using it on and off for years. I am one of those people living with chronic constipation. Fiber, lots of fruits and veggies, exercise, water intake, are all part of my life (and have been for years), and still, my digestion tends to be sluggish with dense, heavy, sticky stool. Unless I have a stomach flu or have food poisoning, I would never have loose stools. This product was made for people like me. The product serves 2 functions. First, it dissolves years of crud buildup on digestive tract walls. Second, it softens and loosens the stool coming through your system, so that if it would normally be like play-dough, it will now have 'normal' and health consistency and action.

When used by people with 'normal' digestions, whose colon is not packed with dense buildup or, at least, a heavy meal camped out in the colon, this product is simply overkill. To my knowledge, people whose digestive systems are not as described above, are likely to experience gas, bloating and unpleasantly scant loose stools with this product. For those people, I would highly recommend Acai Easy Cleanse (10 day supply per bottle). After using oxy-powder for years, I no longer have buildup, and can use oxy-powder only when I have at least a day's worth of packed colon weighing me down. Otherwise, Acai Easy Cleanse is the product I trust to keep my digestion in healthy flow.

Hope someone out there finds this helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars This Stuff Rocks!!!, November 9, 2007
Ali Simms (Pittsburgh, PA United States) - See all my reviews
It's easy to use, and once you've determined your correct dosage for the 7-day cleanse portion of it, you'll be amazed and how much "stuff" falls out of you. Admittedly, it's not the greatest conversation topic, so I had to stop myself from talking about it to my family, but it was truly astounding to me and I wanted to share that with them.

I took it upon myself to extend the initial 7 days to about 9 days because I had never done a colon cleanse before. I've just finished up yesterday, and although I'd run out of capsules and had none to take last night, I STILL had 5 BMs today even though I only ate once yesterday. So, it's definitely gotten things moving in the right direction. Side note: you definitely have to drink a lot of water, otherwise it doesn't work as well.

If there was any drawback to it, it's that after 7 days, I began to have a little pain in the affected areas because I don't think the elimination system is designed to get rid of so much waste so often. It was kind of like workout pain after not working out for an extended period, but it only happened the day before I took my last capsules, and it only lasted one day. I've had no pain since, and in a way it's a good thing that I had the pain because it really let me know that this stuff does what it says it will do.

My overall after-effects are, a much smaller waistline, a clearer head, more energy, a higher sex drive, I feel great, I don't need to eat as much, and best of all, I've lost approximately 6 pounds or more of the worst kind of weight. I'm sure I've added to my lifespan, and I'll order this again as soon as I can. I read somewhere that you should do at least a 30 day cleanse your first time out, but frankly, I'm tired of sitting on the toilet and I could use a week-long breather. Regardless of that, when I get my new supply, I'll do another 9-10 day cleanse to get at the remaining impaction and be done with it until next year sometime.

5.0 out of 5 stars It really works!, May 16, 2010
Amethyst (LEE'S SUMMIT, MO United States) - See all my reviews
I work in a health food store and have tried numerous herbal cleanses as well as all the fiber cleanses and many combinations of both. None of those every worked very well for me. The Oxy-Powder worked great! The key is to find the right dose that works for you. The directions say to take 4 pills the first night and if you don't have 3 to 5 movements the next day to increase the dosage by 2 pills each night until you achieve the desired results. It works by liquifying the built up gunk in the colon so you will have liquid stools, but there was no cramping or gas like you would have with diarrhea. Obviously you want to make sure that you are close to home or at least close to a bathroom the week of the cleanse. Oh and be sure to drink LOTS of water when you take the pills! I drink a lot of water but not usually at bedtime, the first night I woke up feeling so dry I felt like I had turned to dust. After that I drank a whole large glass of water with the pills and felt fine. Also be careful not to eat anything withing 2 hours of taking the pills or you will just be cleaning out the food you ate and not what is backed up in your colon. If you use common sense and follow the directions you will end up with a clean colon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Relief at last!!!, May 30, 2012
I had been unable to have a real bowel movement for several months. All that ever came out were a few small pieces and I had to strain to pass those. I had tried every OTC remedy I could find, as well as improving my eating and exercise habits and supplementing with magnesium & vitamin C. I finally went to the doctor and he put me on Amitiza. It did nothing, and I finally became convinced that I had an impacted colon.

After doing some research, I came across Oxy-powder. Since most of the negative reviews I read seemed to be about loose stools (which to me was to be expected), I decided to give it a try. I had to work up to 8 pills per day before I saw results, but again I think I was very impacted.

On the 3rd day it all started coming out! I am currently on day 5 and am having several BM's per day.

I feel better than I have in months. I don't know what I'd have done if I hadn't found this product, and, as always, Amazon had amazingly quick service!

5.0 out of 5 stars Relief at last from years of intestinal buildup of junk, September 3, 2007
John M. Laird (Minneapolis, MN USA) - See all my reviews
Ahh-h-h, this is not the subject of dinnertime conversation or lunchtime conversation with friends. But this is important stuff because if the intestines are in bad shape, you are also going to be in bad shape!!!

Well, here is my story:

I am 52 years old and eat very sensibly, organically grown fruits, vegetables, whole grains, little meat, etc and weigh only 150 lbs.
Also, I try to practice good food combining and have done a lot of reading of literature on health.

Unfortunately as we age, enzymes are not as prevalent and so food does not digest like it should. Guess where a lot of it ends up? It gets stuck to the lining of the intestines?

How do I know? I have had sharp pains in my abdomen and went in to the doctor. They took an x-ray and saw all sorts of dark patches in the intestines and then prescribes "Miralax" an over the counter laxative. After reading what was in it, I decided not to take it but instead to try Flax seed and Psyllium dissolved in water. This scraping action provided some relief but did not really work.

Next I tried colonics, this is flushing the intestines with water. Again, some relief but did not quite do it.

Have also tried extended, multi-day fasting and yoga with some benefits but no long-term change. Also, exercise on a regular basis.

Before I started taking Oxypowder, my feces were separated and loose. Also, I went once every 3-4 days.

After taking this stuff for a week, for the next 2 weeks have so far noticed that my stools are solid and long and I go about once per day. This is great news as this is what it is supposed to be like. Also, I feel much more alert and less irritable. Have much more energy as well.

I give this product the highest rating!!!!! This is the product that I have been looking for!! Also, I have no financial interest in the product, this is purely a scientific, unbiased report from a "seeker of good health". A little uncomfortable because of gas while taking but no sharp pains or compaction as has occurred when taking ground up flax or psyllium in the past. Overall, the only thing that really bothered me was kind of a queasy feeling due to all the gas and water, but this is how the product works and you have to respect the process.

One thing I disagree with regarding the instructions are
a. Ideally, you would want to take this while fasting so that it does not act on the food in your intestines
----OR----
b. Take enzymes with your dinner so that your food is fully digested when you take the pills in the evening
---AND---
c. Maintenance does of X number of pills every other day in my opinion is not really needed if you are light like me. I think maintenance is needed when your feces shown up as broken into pieces instead of a long continuous piece.
----OTHER INFO----
d. Take enzymes with your meals if you think your food is not digesting well. This will help to avoid buildup in your intestines.

e. Practice proper "Food Combining" principles. There are lots of books out there on this process. Your food won't digest properly if you have dessert with a meal for example. Why?? Sweets are digested in the small intestine, carbohydrates are digested initially in the stomach. Mix the 2 together and you have created a fermentation process that results in acid production, gas and food that is not digested. You end up with heartburn and the food builds up in your intestines.

So if an underweight guy like me who is health conscious, gets a lot of exercise, has good dietary practices, etc. was having problems, I just wonder how many others out there who are heavier than me, have had poor dietary practices, etc are out there who need this stuff to cleanse themselves. If you are one of these people, give this product a try!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!!, May 1, 2010
To put it simply, this product really works! I am 37 and in great health. I try to take care of my body as much as possible. With that said, over the last couple of years I had begun to get bloated after eating my evening meal. It got to the point of being ridiculous. I have a thin and athletic build except in the evenings when I would become very bloated. After months of intensive research into various colon cleansing products on the market and various causes of bloating I determined that parasites were probably my problem, especially since constipation is very rare for me. Colon cleansing was a big part of the process of a parasite cleanse.

After another month or two of studying Oxy-Powder and reading all of the reviews on Amazon I finally bought the product and was absolutely amazed. I haven't felt this good ever! I did follow up my colon cleanse with Paratrex but keep in mind that I felt much better after using just the Oxy-Powder. Be forewarned, this product will create liquid stools as the product label says but it is very effective and as near as I can tell very safe. I am very picky about what I put into my body. I won't even take an aspirin. After taking Oxy-Powder for over four months I have found it to be most effective for me to take five capsules daily right before bed with lots of water on an empty stomach. Dr. Group's website says it is safe to take every day but only recommends twice weekly after the initial cleanse. I can't recommend this product enough! I will take it for life.

Update:
I wrote the above nearly 3 1/2 years ago. I am still taking Oxy-Powder daily with amazing results! More energy, lighter feeling, etc...every day! I have found it works a little better taken with a touch of lemon juice and about 8oz of water. It also works much better taken at least four hours after eating your final meal of the day. For those of you concerned things might not go back to normal if you stop using it, no need to worry. I ran out for a month and everything worked fine the old fashioned way.

3.0 out of 5 stars Holy P**p... Full details, March 6, 2013
I have a coworker who suffers from the same bowel issues I do, constipation, her case is worse than mine as she depends on laxatives to go. Me I get constipated, bloated, gassy often however it usually resolves without the need for laxatives. She purchased this product for her self, not on amazon but through an health store, because we have similar bowel issues she gave me the recommended dose. On the first night I took the four pills as instructed on the bottle, the next day was pretty uneventful, I used the restroom twice and it was a bit loose but overall not too bad. The second night I repeated the process, the next morning I woke up with a mixture of menstrual cramps and gotta go cramps, and my belly was making a lot of loud rumbling noises, they were so loud they had the cat on the floor trying to figure out where that noise was coming from. I when I used the restroom, it was very loose and runny, my stomach continued to make loud digestion like noises, it was over quickly and so I tried to go back to bed, as I woke very early in the morning and it was my day off. About a half hour later I had to run back to the bathroom, this time is was extremely loose material that was violently exiting my body, it went from loose to completely liquid like I was urinating out of my bum, then I literally felt a rumble start at the top of my bowels and move its way down causing a bout of hot liquid to exit my body as I felt pressure in my tummy, it was like I was vomiting out of my bum. This has never happened to me before so it was a little scary. This time I was in the bathroom for about a half hour. I was little scared I did some research on the product, it does site that this type of thing would happen, but it does site it as old material leaving the body and perfectly normal, this is why you must drink lots of water. Twenty minutes after that episode I had to return to the restroom, that time was not as bad, but there was nothing solid about it, it seems when yours stomach makes those noises I described is when you have to go. So unable to go back to sleep I did more searching and found this. I suppose the supplement works, I just was not expecting the liquid lava, I will say today is probably my last day drinking it because I cannot be at work like this. I cannot go to the bathroom every 20 minutes, as someone had to cover my absence when I step away. I regretfully typed this review of something gross and private so people will know what to expect, because the bottle has no mention of this, however the manufactures website does. I honestly hope this helps.

P.S. My stomach noises sounded like the ones Harry makes on Dumb and Dumber after Lloyd gives him all that laxative, so you know what to look forward to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Oxy Powder is Effective and Gentle!!!, January 18, 2010
I bought this prouct last week and I have to say it is so gentle!! I have used a variety of things do keep my system clean from Smooth Move (Senna Teas) to Enemas, Ducalux, Correctol, a little bit of everything in my whole life. I have to say I find that this product is a gentle combination of all of the high points I got from each. I am so glad I didnt let the negative reviews scare me away.

Now that I have addressed it's strong points, it behoves me to point out some possible error that can be made. Firstly, any colon cleanser is basically a laxative however there are several forms of laxatives because everyone had different needs. You have stool softeners, hyperosmotic, lubricants, stimulants (the worst!), and bulk (metamucil). I find that this laxative is more like a hyperosmotic because it pulls water into the colon so that it will emulsify with ...you know and then flush it out. Very similar to what enemas and hi colonics will do. The best part is when you take it right there shouldnt be many elements of discomfort.

What worked for me with this product was first carefully reading the instructions and associating them with my own tolerances. In the end I did the following and it has worked great:

1. I stop eating at least three hours before I take this product. First you wont fill hungry because as soon as you take it feels as if it is filling your stomach. If you are already full of food this will make you miserable.
2. Make sure you drink 16 oz of water with it at least what an hour or 30 minutes and drink another. Seeing that this product is hyperosmotic-like your key tool in making it work is water. If you dont you will be dehydrated.
3. Do the first two days on a weekend when you dont mind being at home so you can see how strong the effect will be. If your going to be out all day it's not a good idea to take ANY laxative.
4. Adjust dosage accordingling. Seeing as I go back to work tomorrow and I dont want to be running for the toilet more than 3 or 4 times a day I am going to reduce to 2 until the clean is over.

If you didnt do any of the above it might be where you went wrong.

I also find that if you are particularly uhm...tight back there, drink a strong cup of coffee that morning. The caffeine in coffee is a vasoconstricter and it will for lack of better words give you a little more room to move.

All the same great product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!!, October 11, 2011
So I never ever wrote a review until now...The reason I love this product is because I have the WORSE colon issues; doctors kept doing test after test after test and did nothing but keep giving me different kind of pills. After months and months of fruastration with the doctors and taking pills that barely worked. I decided to do my own research and what I found was either surgery or go to someone different. Surgery would be my last resort, so I did more research and landed on Oxy Powder. Being skeptical at first because of past experience, I decided to just try it. I have been using this product for almost 2 months now. Every night that I take these pills and the next morning I go bathroom. I feel great! No more bloating, tummy is flat, and I am actually going to the bathroom on a regular basis.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for cleansing, but this is not a suppliment!, July 2, 2013
First, I need to respond to some other reviews that mentioned that this product is not for people who do not have normally dense or "sticky" stool. This is incorrect. This product is, first and foremost, a colon cleanse - and not meant to be used continually like a suppliment. If continual use of this product improves your bowel movements and stool consistency, that's great, but it's intended to be used primarily as a colon cleanser - and to that end it works and works well. Yes, you will get "the runs" most likely and if not, you need to take more until you do because watery stool facilitates the way this colon cleanser works.

Now, on to my personal review. After a lot of research and much searching for an affordable and mild colon cleanse that worked well, I finally decided to give this product a try. I took the pills on the schedule the instructions recommended and, although I did not have much of a noticeable difference the first day, by the second day I was definitely "flushing" out a lot of crud. I took the pills for a week and then gave it a rest. I do not believe that a continuing "maintenance" dose of this product (or others using the same ingredient) are healthy, so I only use it for 1 to 2 weeks, 3 to 4 times per year. I do find that after a cleanse using this product I have more energy and feel generally more healthy. I've been using this product for almost 10 years and have never felt the need to switch to another brand or method.