5.0 out of 5 stars Bar lasts forever, February 22, 2008
AJY "Alex" (Fort Bragg, NC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Oxy Bar Soap, Extreme Alpine, 4.2-Ounce Bars (Pack of 3) (Health and Beauty)
This bar of soap last much longer than a typical bar. It works like a typical salicylic acid wash, you have to use it consistently for a period of time for best results.

5.0 out of 5 stars Out of Stock, March 21, 2010
This is a great product but has been out of stock for months..

cant find it anywhere!!!

Please come back!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works As Intended....., January 31, 2012
As other reviewers have written this product does seem to last forever. Over the time I used this product it worked out great for me and being able to get a 3 pack of the larger sized bars was a great deal. I've since out grown my complexion problems but I would still recommend this product for those trying to contain there complexion problems. You always have that initial period that it gets worse but this product works great for getting rid of the dirt, grime and leaves you with a fresh sent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Stuff, July 17, 2009
its a bit pricey, but as its the only soap that really keeps my bacne at bay, its worth it. Especially considering they stopped distributing it in stores.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this item., March 28, 2013
Love this item, but they are no longer available. I searched every where on line, contacted the manufacture they no longer make it. What a said day for skin care.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE BEST FACE CLEANSER EVER, December 28, 2008
i dnt know bout that one guy w/ the bad rating but this stuff really works, it works right away when u 1st use it. i suggest u also try the Loma lux acne pill w/ it for the best results.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best, November 2, 2008
Linda M. Martin (Texarkana, TX USA) - See all my reviews
This is the best face soap I have found and I have used several different ones over the years.

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST TOPICAL ACNE PRODUCT EVER!!!, July 24, 2008
This soap really works! I have been using it everyday for about a month, and within the first week I noticed that my skin was clearing up a lot. I used to have severe breakouts, but now, if I get acne, I only get one or two pimples at a time and they only last for a day or two rather than hanging around on my face for a week or more. It's been amazing!

5.0 out of 5 stars This soap really seemed to do the job., June 5, 2009
Lawrence Brown "Larry Brown" (HOUSTON, TX United States) - See all my reviews
I'm 48 years old and have suffered from persistent acne since my teens. At first I tried to fight it, but then for 20 years just gave up and lived with it. I cringe when I see old photos of my pockmarked face. 10 years ago I was browsing an acne book in a bookstore and decided to finally do something about it.

I now have a beauty regimen (more in a moment), but it's a little trouble to keep up with it. My regimen does keep the acne away, but I still get the occasional outbreak. Also, if I skip any part of my regimen, I will get an outbreak like clockwork.

I got a free sample of this soap with some Oxy pads and it really made a difference. I no longer got any acne at all, I didn't get those occasional outbreaks. Also when I skipped some of my regimen, I get lazy sometimes, I didn't get an outbreak. So, I give this soap 5 stars.

The secrets that I learned from the book that I read were:
* Beating acne is all about prevention, not cure. Once you get a pimple, it will take 10 days to heal and there's nothing that's going to fix that. To beat acne, you must prevent any pimples from forming at all. It sounds obvious now, but with all of those products that claim to "heal acne blemishes," I was confused.

* Acne is caused by oil and bacteria, and a dirty face contributes to both of those. It's that simple. This is in contrast to all of the info that claims that "no one knows what causes acne" and that "acne is not caused by dirt." For me, when I beat the oil, I beat the acne.

* Acne medications need to be used anywhere you might get acne, that is, the entire face. The instructions usually say "apply to the affected area." Many people take that to mean "apply to any acne you see" but a better interpretation is "apply to anywhere you might get acne."

From my own regimen:
* Find a facial soap that works for you. One that does not cause acne for you but seems to help with the oil and acne. Once you find a soap that works, use it at least first thing in the morning (to cleanse ASAP the oil and bacteria that form during the long night's sleep during which you probably perspire and sleep with your face against a humid fabric and during which you don't use any oil fighting toner), and last thing before bed (to remove as much oil and bacteria as possible before the sleep period). A third use during the day would also be helpful. For me, this was a change of personal habit and made a big difference. I sometimes get lazy and fail to wash before bed. When I do that I almost always suffer an outbreak 2-3 days later.

* Use an oil fighting toner to fight the oil. When you feel that oil forming on your face, reapply the toner. I found that I had to use the toner a lot more than the 2-3 times per day in the instructions. I had to use it more like hourly. For me, this was the main key in beating my acne. There are a few toners from which to choose e.g. salicylic acid and witch hazel. Find one that works for you. Overapplication runs the risk of excessive drying of the skin, but I didn't have that problem. You can get it in premedicated pads, or a more economical way is to buy the toner in a bottle and apply with a cotton ball.

* Use the benzoil peroxide 10% acne cream, use it over the entire face.

Best of luck!