Customer Video Review     Length:: 5:03 Mins
Published 13 months ago by jjceo

1.0 out of 5 stars On/Off switch stopped working after 1 day
Great light for the one day it worked. The dimmer on the on/off switch seemed a bit fickle at first. Then it stopped working all together.
Published 5 months ago by SanFranCustomer

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful and stylish lamp that conserves energy and runs cool for safety!, July 12, 2013
Length:: 5:03 Mins

This is a beautiful and stylish lamp that is ideal for a desk lamp where you will be reading and working. This is a low power LED lamp that produces a bright and clean light without flickering, shadows glaring or dark areas. The lamp comes with an instruction manual and an AC wall adapter power supply. The power supply is UL listed and rated to operate at 100 to 240 VAC and 50/60 Hz. The output is 24 VDC at .25 Amps. The power cord was 76.5 inches.

When the lamp is plugged in the LED in the center of the lamp control is red and touching it turns the lamp on. There are 6 levels of brightness adjustment and whatever level was the last you used will come on as the default the next time your turn on the lamp. There are six Blue LEDs that light up to show you the brightness level setting.

The lamp has a non-flickering LEDs design that emits a light color temperature of 5000k which is a good light color to be used for reading or writing. The fact that the LEDs are not flickering makes the lamp light easier on your eyes. If you notice in my video the lamplight is not flickering at all which is unusual for LED dimmable lights. This lamp uses a PWM or Pulse Width Modulated signal that is fed into an integrated circuit for that smooths the signal to eliminate the potential LED flicker. The LEDs have a 10 year life cycle when used 7 hours per day and 365 days a year. This is over 25000 hours of use.

The lamp is not a tall one and in my video it is set about 12 inches above the table. This is not enough to get over the top of a computer monitor so this lamp is more ideal for a desk where you are reading or writing or want to highlight a work area.

The operation of the lamp is cool to the touch and this is nice for a lamp for a children's desk. I use 50 Watt halogen 12 VDC bulbs in some desk lamps and they get very hot and you can burn yourself if you touch the lamp. This LED light it is absolutely cool to the touch. It uses less than 1/7 the wattage of my 50 Watt halogen lamps.

The lamp comes assembled and you can adjust the curve of the lamp neck to fit your needs. Just remember to use both hands when adjusting it and make sure that you don't just lift from one end of the lamp hood for example and put a lot of stress on the lamp neck. Don't sharply bend the neck and kink it. It is a nicely built lamp and sturdily made of high quality materials. The lamp comes with a 3 year guarantee from the date of purchase. The lamp is available in red or black.

I like this product and I rate it at 5 stars.

I was supplied with a sample for test and evaluation and I promised to provide a fair and honest review.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great energy efficient dimmable desk lamp, June 1, 2012
Amazon Customer (Ashburn, VA United States) - See all my reviews
As other reviews have said, this really is a terrific desk lamp. It's incredibly easy to work with, puts out a very nice even white light and has a good range of dimmer settings.

We got this for our nursery so we can have varying levels of light to take care of our twins at night and try not to over stimulate them.

I got this partly because of it's energy efficiency. According to my kill a watt, the energy that this lamp consumes ranges from about .6 watts up to about 7 watts. Each dimmer setting adds approximately one watt as it increases.

I guess my only complaint and removal of one star is due to the fact that the lamp draws power while it is off. I have night lights that draw less power than this does. I suspect this is due to how the touch dimmer interface requirements but for efficiency, I'd love for this lamp to have essentially a 0 watt draw when it is off. Perhaps that isn't fair for a star removal as it is a pretty small watt draw while off but it just seems like a slight waste in energy for something that is so efficient while it is actually turned on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great customer service! Lamp is stylish and looks good on my desk., January 17, 2013
UPDATE 5/2/2013:
After posting my previous update, I got a call from Brandy of customer service and she notified me that they just got a new shipment in and would send me a replacement along with a shipping label for the defective unit. Because of their customer service level and because the lamp in essence is a very nice lamp with a good aesthetic design, I upgraded my review back to 5 stars. I sincerely hope I won't run into the same problem as before and that the lamp will last me a long time. If anyone has the same or similar problem as mine, unplug the unit from the outlet, after about a day, plug it back in and leave it plugged in for a day or two until the power indicator is bright red, then try to turn it on again. This is how I had to get mine working again.

UPDATE 4/30/2013:
I was able to get a response from the company and am glad to see they are willing to work with me so I am upgrading my star rating to 3 stars. The only thing is, they don't have the lamp in stock and if I choose to get a refund, it's only $52 out of the $80 I spent, which would not be a cost effective choice for me since it means I spent $28 on a lamp that only lasted a few months. In terms of the lamp, after unplugging it to stop the flickers, replugging it would not work, so I just kept it plugged in and did not touch it for a couple days. Afterwards, the power light was glowing a strong red, and it powered on just fine with the flicker being gone as far as I could tell both in the powered off mode and low power mode. It seems that there may be a problem with some electronic component of the lamp. At least I can use the lamp again until I resolve this issue with the customer service.

UPDATE 4/25/2013:
Well after less than 6 months, I downgraded this light to 1 star from 5 stars. Here is the problem, the past week, even though the unit is powered off, it intermittently starts flickering on and off which was very annoying. Then, at low power settings, you would again see the intermittent flickering. It probably happens in the high power settings as well but is harder to tell. So when it happened, especially before I sleep I would unplug the power cable from behind the lamp. The next day when I plug it back in, the lamp won't work at all. The red LED on the on/off "button" would barely be lit. Sometimes unplugging it and replugging it will get it working again. So at this point I'm not sure if it is the AC adaptor that is bad or if some electronic component in the base of the lamp is bad. Yes this lamp does have a 3 year warranty but their oxyled.com website is not valid, I had to do a search for their actual company Hisgadget Inc. and send an email to them. I'm still waiting for a response, so far 24 hours has passed since I emailed them. For the price I paid, this is very unacceptable.

ORIGINAL REVIEW:
I bought this light to replace a fluorescent desk lamp. I like how it requires no warm up time. Also, the yellow highlights in my textbook are very easy to see with this light, I believe because of its color temperature. With the fluorescent bulb I really had trouble seeing the yellow highlight colors which was very annoying. This lamp also diffuses the light very well unlike many LED lights which tend to have a very focused beam. Whether or not this lamp will help with eye strain, I do not know as of yet.

Some things that could be improved is a longer neck, maybe 1.25- 1.5x longer because as it is now, I have to have the lamp right next to me and had to rearrange things because of it. Also, the brightest setting could be brighter, it's definitely fine enough given the current length of the neck, but if it had more brightness, I could put the lamp on top of my printer where the old one was, but unfortunately when I do that (to show more light on my desk), it's just not bright enough.

On the plus side, with its shorter neck, the light housing is right below my eye level which I guess helps with eye strain as opposed to the light shining right in your eye!

When I use this lamp I found the best setting is to use full power when reading and about half power when using my laptop.

To be honest, I don't know if this lamp is really worth $80! That seems kind of expensive, but then again, many LED desk lamps are in that price range as well, so apparently you still need to pay a premium for this kind of LED desk lamp. For my purposes of lighting up my whole desk area including my laptop and several books, this product seems too small and weak. If I took my laptop out of the equation, then I can position this lamp to illuminate several books.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good quality LED desk lamp (LED ONE T100), August 5, 2012
Surfgazer "Eric" (Pennington, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
I had been searching for a quality LED desk lamp for a while and finally decided to get this LED ONE T100 (black) after some research and reading lots of online reviews. It's been more than two weeks now since I received the product and I'm very happy about the purchase and satisfied with the quality of this desk lamp.

The lamp produces really nice soft, cool lights and it's comfortable for long period of time of reading and desk work. The amount of lights can be controlled by the dim touch switch on the base, the dim setting is indicated by cool looking small blue LED indicators arranged in a circle, nice design.

The top of the lamp cover is made of some kind of metal, it should help dissipate the limited heat generated by the LED bulbs and help prolong the life of the bulbs.

Amazon service was great and I got the package 2 days after I placed the order.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great LED Lamp, July 13, 2012
Excellent product. It has a nice touch, dimmable feature and a soft light. I bought one for myself and several more as presents.

1.0 out of 5 stars On/Off switch stopped working after 1 day, March 4, 2014
This review is from: OxyLED T100 Dimmable Eye-Care LED Desk Lamp (Flexible Gooseneck, 6-Level Dimmer, Touch-Sensitive Control Panel, No Dark Area, No Ghosting, No Glaring, Pure Light) (Tools & Home Improvement)

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice light, snazzy looks, and a price to match, September 7, 2013
J. Johnson (Bossier City LA) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my hobby area. It's not a great light for model building - the neck is entirely too short, and the light is too small. However, as a desk lamp for general use, it is very nice. It will likely look nice in our child's homework area.

RECOMMENDED (with reservations). It is pricey - $79.99. For a desk lamp, there are far cheaper and far better options out there. You might consider this if you are looking for an option where price and function are less important than style. The LED is nice and doesn't give off any heat, so that is a definite plus.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool style and very good quality, January 27, 2013
Conrad F. Wouters (Seattle, WA United States) - See all my reviews
I looked at dozens of desk lamps at Amazon, then finally selected this one even though the price was higher and I am glad I did. The dimmable LED light has a very good spectrum without glare which is very good for reading. The neck is both very flexible and stiff enough for a wide range of positions. While it was not cheap the value is still very good. The design of the dimming switch looks cool and works well..... overall a very good product.

2.0 out of 5 stars On/off switch is flaky, February 13, 2014
I bought two of these lamps to match, they look great and the light quality is very nice. The fancy switch is really flaky, it turns on or off only about 50% of the time on the first touch and sometimes really have to fiddle with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lights really nicely, different settings a plus, neck is too short, May 2, 2013
This lamp is stylish, very well made and has about 5 lighting settings. It's easy to find in the dark because of the tiny red light in the center. The only problem, not really associated with the lamp itself, was that my 21" monitor was too large for the lamp, creating glare near the right top of the monitor. The lamp would be great for working with a 10" to 13" inch monitor. For this lamp to work with a 19" to 26" monitor, the neck would have to be HIGHER thanthe combined height of the monitor and stand. I subtracted a star because it would have been no problem to have put in a longer bendable neck, since the neck itself is very light weight and would not have unbalanced the lamp.

Rate and Discover Movies