5.0 out of 5 stars A must buy if you love Hip Hop.
Great Album but I must say Setbacks is his best one though. My favorite track is Collard Greens and the Intro.
Published 6 months ago by @BigPure1

3.0 out of 5 stars Middling
Let me start by saying, i think Q is very talented and one of the more interesting personalities coming up in the game. With that said, this offering is middle of the road. Habits & Contradictions is a superior work.
Published 7 months ago by Emanuel Harvey

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid first album, April 24, 2014
This review is from: Oxymoron [Explicit] (MP3 Music)
TDE has another star alongside King Kendrick. Great production. Lyrically beyond most. Looking fwd to next one. Loved it alot.

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it, April 19, 2014
good product

4.0 out of 5 stars Oxymoron, 4 Stars, April 15, 2014
This review is from: Oxymoron (Audio CD)
Schoolboy delivers on Oxymoron. Lets get right into the review. Its a dark album. It starts off with "Gangsta", Q's daughter talks on the intro, then Q spits some dope lyrics over a hard beat courtesy of Nez & Rio and Sounwave (They also produced "Man of the year"). On "Hoover Street" he raps about his gang ties, as well as being real. "Blind Threats" featuring Raekwon is another dope joint to check out. "Prescription/Oxymoron" is about Q's addiction to prescription drugs. And his addiction gets so bad that he ends up ignoring calls from his Mother and daughter. On the second part of the song, Q talks about how he quit dealing drugs.

Oxymoron also has some radio friendly singles, like "What They Want" featuring 2 Chainz (produced by Mike Will Made It and Marz) and "Break the Bank" (Produced by Alchemist). Even the BJ The Chicago assisted "Studio" has mainstream appeal. Although I like the majority of the album, some songs just deserved to be skipped. "Los Awesome" produced by Pharrell is wack, the only good about it was Jay Rocks verse. "The Purge" is another song I wasn't feeling. Q, Kurupt and Tyler didn't have any type of chemistry. "His & Her Fiend" featuring SZA was weak too. All in all, Q did his thing on Oxymoron. Its not a classic, but its definitely a four star album in my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must buy if you love Hip Hop., March 30, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars ANOTHER GREAT TDE PROJECT!!, March 12, 2014
This review is from: Oxymoron (Audio CD)
Oxymoron is a very highly anticipated album from TDE Black Hippey artist Schoolboy Q. A follow up to his highly praised album Habits & Contradictions, which I did enjoy. This album is also the first big TDE release after the crtically acclaimed album Good Kid M.A.A.D City by Kendrick Lamar. So is Oxymoron worth the time to be listened to? Well, let's see.

1.Gangsta 5/5- Great intro to the album. Great instrumental and very catchy hook. Schoolboy goes nice over the track.

2.Los Awesome ft.Jay rock 5/5- Great instrumental from Pharrell. Schoolboy kills it, but TDE member Jay Rock steals the show.

3.Collard Greens ft.Kendrick lamar 3/5- Decent beat, catchy hook,Schoolboy disappoints on this track, But Kendrick kills it. Decent track at best.

4.WHat THey Want ft.2 Chainz 4.5/5- Nice beat, Schoolboy murders his verses, and 2 Chainz comes through with a decent verse.

5.Hoover Street 5/5- Great intro, But when the beat switches and Schoolboy goes in, The song goes crazy with vivid imagery potrayed through Schoolboy's verses.

6.Studio ft.BJ Tha Chicago Kid 5/5- Great beat, good hook from BJ, and some nice verses from Schoolboy.

7.Prescription 5/5- Great Instrumental. One of my favorite tracks where Schoolboy gets real personal about his drug addiction, and how his addiction really affected his relationship with his daughter.

7. Oxymoron 5/5- this is the second half of the 2 in 1 track Schoolboy puts on his album. Its a great banger & great verses from Schoolboy. This track was a very nice contrast being a drug banger following after the struggles with addiction track.

8.THe Purge ft.Kurupt & Tyler, the creator 5/5- Even if it's generic instrumental wise, The instrumental bangs. This is another favorite of mine. Tyler gives a nice hook, Schoolboy just destroyed his verses, and Kurupt kils his verse.

9.Blind THreats ft.Raekwon 5/5- My favorite track off this album. Great beat. Very interesting look on religion coming from a religios man like Schoolboy. This song had his most thoughtful verses, and Raekwon just delivers a flawless verse. Amazing track.

10.Hell Of A Night 5/5- I love this song. The beat is great, Schoolboy does a great job, and the vibe is just great.

11.Break THa Bank 5/5- Great song. The best single off the album. The Alchemist produces this track, and gives a great beat. Schoolboy murders his verses. Great song.

12.Man Of THe Year 5/5- One of the best instrumentals. Schoolboy does a great job on this track with his verses and hook. Its a great outro to the album. With a balance of dark & party, Man Of THe Year gives a great outro vibe for the album.

Final Verdict : This album surpassed the mega hype i had for it. I love every track except for Collard Greens. No this album doesn't beat GKMC by Kendrick, But it's right up there with it!! I say you need to give this album a listen. I don't think you'll be disappointed with this album. Final Verdict for Oxymoron is 9/10 or 5/5. GO BUY THIS ALBUM!!!

Favorite Tracks : THe Purge ft.Kurupt & Tyler the creator, Prescription/Oxymoron, and Blind THreats ft.Raekwon

Least Favorite Track : Collard Greens ft.Kendrick Lamar

5.0 out of 5 stars It's The Purge, October 17, 2014
This review is from: Oxymoron (Audio CD)
Most artists have a single and that is the highlight of the album. Not Schoolboy. I play tracks repeatedly but there are another 3 that I go to regularly as well. Was interested after hearing about it from my brother and "Collard Greens" was a hit in my mind. However, the track samples didn't do anything for me. So I waited. Then I heard "Studio" and knew that I wanted the cd. Let me tell ya. The cd can't be judged on those samples. Really good cd. If I have to pick a favorite song right now, it's "The Purge" with Tyler and Kurupt. Spectacular!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album, June 18, 2014
This review is from: Oxymoron [Explicit] (MP3 Music)
Really good album. Habits and contradictions was a really good one too. Real hip hop speaks the truth plus the first track is my daughters favorite song. Keep in mind she's only 5 months

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm feeling the whole tde movement, June 5, 2014
This review is from: Oxymoron [Explicit] (MP3 Music)
Tde is doing right now I'm feeling there movement they are putting together nice CDs MADD city now oxymoron good job

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent Album, March 28, 2014
Desmond Tyler (Capitol Heights, MD) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Oxymoron (Audio CD)
I was excited before it came out but after listening to it a few times I was a little disappointed. It has a few really good songs on the album, but the others are hit or miss. Now I only listen to those that I really like; otherwise I skip it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Middling, March 4, 2014

Oxymoron
Oxymoron by Schoolboy Q (Audio CD - 2014)