Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on September 24, 2013
Because I generally do not like using anything with medication in it [I prefer herbal remedies], initially I was very hesitant to try this 'new kid on the block' solution for my OAB complaints. But, there is no denying the fact that this disease-state has truly limited my ability to enjoy my retirement years more fully. Due to the fact it was recently approved for OTC status, I decided to give it a trial run to see if it would enable me to more confidently leave home for my shopping errands, etc. Yes, it works pretty well. For me personally, I am most impressed with the 'Oxytrol Patch' medication route. Since it is applied transdermally [through the skin], none of my organ systems are affected [long-term damages/side effects]. Also my peace-of-mind and confidence, which has been restored since I first began using the 'Patch', is profound. I feel much more in control--without having to map out every restroom in my route--when I'm out and about on my shopping trips and errands. I sleep much more soundly at night now, thanks to the 'Patch'; only getting up once at night now, instead of 4-5 times per night. The 'Patch' has made a world of difference in my ability to get a good night's sleep. Overall, I would say that I'm very impressed with this OTC product, which has a proven track record of nearly 30 years of 'GRAS' use for this condition. Recently, I began a 'Subscribe & Save' subscription for this item here @Amazon. If I have use the 'Patch', I want to get the best possible price that I can for it, and Amazon has it. 'Nuff said. ****Addendum: For those of you who have been recently diagnosed with OAB symptoms, you may want to also become more informed as to what your many triggers are, i.e., food choices that do irritate the bladder system. I'm including the link which helps to explain things in more detail. So, here goes: [...] Unfortunately, this illness will have to become a new education for you on how to manage what you can eat and what foods will have to be eliminated. Although this link discusses patients struggling with interstitial cystitis or painful bladder syndrome (IC/PBS), I did find the similarities to OAB are so close that I use this chart almost exclusively to determine what I must omit to be safe from any trouble. But, hey, this disease-state sure beats the pants off of having a life-threatening disease like say, um, 'cancer'. If you get a lemon, make lemonade! Blessings, J.J.
88 comments| 202 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 17, 2013
I purchased these patches hoping that they would help. And they did! I do not have the urgency to urinate as before. They do not irritate my skin, and do not come off during showers. The package is easy for me to open, and apply. I prefer to place the patch on the buttocks area instead of the abdomen, as I do not feel it there. I really appreciate this item and would recommend others give it a try also.
11 comment| 74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 30, 2013
Like other users, I was skeptical but had to try it. I bought the smallest box I could locally to give it a shot. I applied it at 9 pm and then went to bed. For the first time in years, I wasn't awakened in the middle of the night to practically wet myself getting to the bathroom. Slept all night long and CASUALLY strolled to the bathroom in the morning. I'm not even 24 hours into the use of this first patch and I'm sold on the product already. Only side effect I have is a little dry mouth. Honestly, I'd rather have dry mouth than wet pants! LOVE them!
22 comments| 110 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 2, 2013
I tried these right away, on receiving them. They work, and I don't have to take tablets anymore. The greatest thing is that each patch lasts 4 days, and they don't bother my skin. I defininately recommend them.
on September 11, 2013
I was skeptical, but very impressed with this product. It really does work! I did not rate it a "5" because I find the package nearly impossible to open, even with the "fold and tear here" instructions; also I find the second part of the backing to the patch to be difficult to remove; and the patch does not stick well (perhaps because of the extreme heat and humidity) and I have to secure it with medical tape. The FDA allows this prescription strength product to be sold OTC for women; they want men to go to their physician and get an Rx because OAB can be caused by prostate problems, including cancer. This will not work for "stress incontinence", but for true OAB, it works like magic! Although a tad expensive, it certainly has improved my quality of life, and protective underwear is no bargain either! I feel like a normal person again!
55 comments| 116 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 8, 2013
I am a male and I use these for myself. I have had OAB for years and this is the only product that works for me. Especially at night. No bathroom trips anymore. I know it is for women only, but I tried it anyway and I am glad I did.
on January 24, 2014
When I don't use these, I hit the toilet every 45 min. to an hour...all day long. Pressure in my bladder keeps me up at night....thinking I have to pee.

But with these patches, my sleep is MUCH better. I get up only once--and not until 5 a.m. or so. I think $20 a month is okay for that kind of relief. The only drawback is that sometimes I sit for 5 minutes before I can pee! I'm so glad I found these!
on December 28, 2013
I got this stuff, placed a patch on my stomach that evening and went from going to the bathroom a dozen times in day to four. I love this product. The patch itself moved around and crumpled up during the night and was a little strange, so the next one went on my butt and that's working much better for me. When the 4 days is up, you will certainly notice the difference. I recommend this product and will be buying it again.
on October 3, 2013
I tried these out for a few weeks. I cannot say they made a huge improvement however I do believe they can be helpful for most people. Good news is they did not irritate my skin or cause any side effects. I put one on expecting to get a rash because I have sensitive skin but never once did I even know the patch was on. Showered and everything and it never came off! I would def recommend people to give them a try and see for themselves. Unfortunately I have more of a frequency issue so now I'm giving Vescare a try to see if that helps and if it doesn't I'm willing to g back on the patch (plus it's cheaper then prescript meds)!
on January 23, 2014
Works for me and I'm very impressed, no side effects. I tried the medication my dr prescribed for my night-time overactive bladder, but was horribly uncomfortable with it including severe sore throat, dry mouth, and more. So was hesitant to try this OTC product, but so glad I did.

Update: After 3 months I am still amazed at this product, I am sleeping through most nights which I hadn't done in years and still have no side effects.

To anyone who says it didn't work after trying the small 4 patch box, I say Give it a chance. For most people it does take several days to several weeks to start helping. Some people notice results immediately, I had a gradual reduction each day and finally at about 3 wks is when I woke up and realized I hadn't gotten up during the night. !!! Everyone is different.